• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Mock Draft

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to balance my selections between BPA and need. Also, I like getting depth at as many different positions as the draft falls to the Rams. Here goes:

#2 - Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
#13 - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
#44 - Terrance Brooks - FS - Florida State
#75 - Billy Turner - OT/OG - North Dakota State
#110 - Trai Turner - OG - LSU
#153 - Tom Savage - QB - Pittsburgh
#188 - Shaquille Richardson - CB - Arizona
#214 - Avery Williamson - ILB - Kentucky
#226 - James Wilder Jr. - RB - Florida State
#241 - Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon
#249 - Derrell Johnson - OLB - East Carolina
#250 - L'Damian Washington - WR - Missouri

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious who did the other teams pick, how did you go about determining those selections

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just visit all the mock draft sites around the internet to see in general what rounds players go in. I didn't make selections for other teams nor did I factor in any potential trades.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamCub, I like where you are going with this. I have just a couple of issues with it. If we draft Watkins (and I am almost 100% sure we will not), they won't draft a 2nd WR. Also if indeed we draft Lewan at #13, in your scenario one of the Turners would not be picked and instead a DT would most likely be chosen. All in all, I like it though. Savage is getting a lot of pub lately, but I still like Murray or Fales in round 5. If Lyerla can stay out of trouble, he might be the steal of the draft. Go look at the mock I just posted today...I think you will like it

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, ksu. I like your draft also. I see you like Wilder and Lyerla too! To answer your points:

1) The second WR - Washington from Missouri - is very tall, which we don't have in our arsenal. Also, he's a hometown kid that I'm sure if the Rams don't draft with their last pick as I did, will try to get him as a free agent.

2) I do think we will be drafting some combination of three offensive lineman - one tackle, one guard, and one swingman. We need to replace Dahl, Smith, and Williams. I believe all we have of starting caliber now is:

OT - Long and Barksdale
Guard - Saffold
Center - Jones and Barnes

We usually carry eight or nine offensive lineman.

3) I'm sure an eventual replacement for Langford will be tempting, however in this mock, a good choice didn't fall to me. I really like the FA signing of Alex Carrington. I think he will play both DE and DT and will make the team if someone gets hurt.

Murray at QB is on the rise recently and I think he's been mentioned in connection with the Rams on at least one site I read last week. Wilder is the big back that could fall to us and we could use to pound it in in the red zone and give Stacy and Cunningham a breather. Lyerla could indeed be the steal of the draft on day three!

I can't wait for May 8th and I will post another mock closer to draft day as more visits to Rams Park happen and more maneuvering of prospect's stocks go up and down.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LDW can be had in the 7th then thats's an absolute steal. I'm doing a collaborative draft that I believe starts on the 29th. I'll let you guys know the results.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LDW is moving up boards quickly after his pro day... if we want him, it might be in the 4th or 5th.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LDW is moving up boards quickly after his pro day... if we want him, it might be in the 4th or 5th.

Justifiably so in my opinion. He has good hands and his footwork work the ball in the air is very good. With his size and speed he has high upside.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to adjust my board on LDW!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random off topic question. I know the NFL schedule should be coming out in the next 2 weeks but have we heard any specifics on when it will be released? I want to start planning my road trips.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
April 17th is when the schedule will be released!!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
April 17th is when the schedule will be released!!

YES! Its so exciting for me every year! Road trips to plan, Mizzou schedules and NFL schedules to compare. Went to Lambeau last year, hoping to get to at least 2 new stadiums this year!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade lives for next season? I'd like to get two new stadiums a year in.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to balance my selections between BPA and need. Also, I like getting depth at as many different positions as the draft falls to the Rams. Here goes:

#2 - Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
#13 - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
#44 - Terrance Brooks - FS - Florida State
#75 - Billy Turner - OT/OG - North Dakota State
#110 - Trai Turner - OG - LSU
#153 - Tom Savage - QB - Pittsburgh
#188 - Shaquille Richardson - CB - Arizona
#214 - Avery Williamson - ILB - Kentucky
#226 - James Wilder Jr. - RB - Florida State
#241 - Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon
#249 - Derrell Johnson - OLB - East Carolina
#250 - L'Damian Washington - WR - Missouri

I'm thinking that we trade back a few spots to 5 or 6 and still end up with Watkins. I also think that with the # 13 pick (barring a trade) we go after either a CB or S. With Fisher's draft history, I think he will start taking some Offensive Linemen in the 2nd round.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade lives for next season? I'd like to get two new stadiums a year in.

Senior year of college. I'm going to go to Rams/Chiefs in Arrowhead, I'm going to see Manning play when Denver comes to STL, my dad and I are hoping to get to Soldier field, I'm planning a trip to Nashville with a few friends to see the Steelers play, of course I'll be at all 7 Mizzou home games(been to the last 33), I'm planning to fly down to College Station to visit my uncle when we play @A&M, I'm hoping to also make road trips to Toledo and Knoxville for Mizzou road games. I work all year to save money for football season.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior year of college. I'm going to go to Rams/Chiefs in Arrowhead, I'm going to see Manning play when Denver comes to STL, my dad and I are hoping to get to Soldier field, I'm planning a trip to Nashville with a few friends to see the Steelers play, of course I'll be at all 7 Mizzou home games(been to the last 33), I'm planning to fly down to College Station to visit my uncle when we play @A&M, I'm hoping to also make road trips to Toledo and Knoxville for Mizzou road games. I work all year to save money for football season.

jealous