• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl thomas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. I suspect if his asking price comes down we are in the mix and should be

However, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was quick to refute Rapoport's report.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan (via Clarence Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram), Jones said the Cowboys are "weighing their roster at safety" before making a decision about pursuing Thomas. He said the team has yet to contact Thomas.

Jones also said Rapoport "doesn't know what he's talking about" with regard to his report that the Cowboys are out on Thomas, according to Jon Machota of The Athletic. He added, "The only one who knows that is me."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. I suspect if his asking price comes down we are in the mix and should be

However, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was quick to refute Rapoport's report.

During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan (via Clarence Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram), Jones said the Cowboys are "weighing their roster at safety" before making a decision about pursuing Thomas. He said the team has yet to contact Thomas.

Jones also said Rapoport "doesn't know what he's talking about" with regard to his report that the Cowboys are out on Thomas, according to Jon Machota of The Athletic. He added, "The only one who knows that is me."

Yep, just read this.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ade-a-decision-on-earl-thomas/?outputType=amp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up when someone/anyone makes up their mind.
I suspect if it is Dallas it will be a little while. Right now he is probably thinking (my guess only; nothing backing it up) he can get $8M-$10M on a prove it deal. We should be in play if/when his demands drop to about half that. I said when it first came up I'd throw a Griffen deal at him and still feel that should be the target. I see little question he can help this team a lot on the field, but we need to be cognizant about how much cap space we are using (to roll into next year's lowered cap). As all of us that follow Football know, that's always a huge part of playing the FA/resigning market...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect if it is Dallas it will be a little while. Right now he is probably thinking (my guess only; nothing backing it up) he can get $8M-$10M on a prove it deal. We should be in play if/when his demands drop to about half that. I said when it first came up I'd throw a Griffen deal at him and still feel that should be the target. I see little question he can help this team a lot on the field, but we need to be cognizant about how much cap space we are using (to roll into next year's lowered cap). As all of us that follow Football know, that's always a huge part of playing the FA/resigning market...

Completely agree on all points. I'm still curious as to where the HC stands on him... and if the "chatter" about him having the final say on bringing him in here is truly "in effect". Because of all your points, the one about carrying over cap space into next season is the biggie for me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know that any team would give Earl a huge deal right now. Any team that does so would be stupid. Missing a team meeting just so he could wash his car is not acceptable. Punching a teammate is also not good.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to stop overthinking shit and just sign him.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to stop overthinking shit and just sign him.

I am not so sure. He missed meeting 1 excuse was he was getting his car washed, and was late to meeting and blew off assignments on the field and freelanced last season. Hit a teammate over being called out for missing a read allowing a Red zone touchdown In practice and when called out took that much offense. Leadership council on the team wanted him gone said” he was the worst in the locker room by far”.
Baltimore is eating 15 million salary cap not having him on the team.
Off the field issues 2 with his wife.

He might come to Dallas and be Billy Graham or he might be Antonio Brown and Greg Hardy or worse. Something is clearly going wrong and before I pay him 1 single dollar I want to know what is going on.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure. He missed meeting 1 excuse was he was getting his car washed, and was late to meeting and blew off assignments on the field and freelanced last season. Hit a teammate over being called out for missing a read allowing a Red zone touchdown In practice and when called out took that much offense. Leadership council on the team wanted him gone said” he was the worst in the locker room by far”.
Baltimore is eating 15 million salary cap not having him on the team.
Off the field issues 2 with his wife.

He might come to Dallas and be Billy Graham or he might be Antonio Brown and Greg Hardy or worse. Something is clearly going wrong and before I pay him 1 single dollar I want to know what is going on.

JMHO
Apparently McCarthy is very close with Schneider and has probably already picked his brain about ET if the team is interested. I didn’t see him play that many games last year but thought he played well when I saw him. I’m reading mixed reviews as to how good he still is. Regardless he helps this team IMO

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy and the Seahawks GM Schneider being pretty close has been all over DFW talk radio Today. I’m all for any player that can help the team I just don’t want to have a TO / Hardy locker room issue again. We all watched that dumpster fire before. And of course I have no way of knowing if that would be the case or maybe Earl was pulling a Adams/ Brown move to get out of Baltimore.

As the old Kung FU master used to say “ choose wisely grasshopper”

JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this out of the blue statement pertains to Dix it isn't an opinion. He was playing with the second team the last couple of days which is why it was being written by multiple writers
my statement indicated plural.....long ways to go before we assume is the point

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect. We wont get in a bidding war & pay a huge # to him (so at this point uninterested)
However I think later if someone hasnt given him the kings ransom. His price goes down to whatever the Cowboys think is a discounted price. Then Jones would go after him. Even if it is a one year prove it deal. (still has it, attitude, whatever)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect. We wont get in a bidding war & pay a huge # to him (so at this point uninterested)
However I think later if someone hasnt given him the kings ransom. His price goes down to whatever the Cowboys think is a discounted price. Then Jones would go after him. Even if it is a one year prove it deal. (still has it, attitude, whatever)
I’m starting to think no one is offering much money which I think keeps us involved. If it’s my call I bring him in. Lord knows there are much worse out there getting a chance, but if McCarthy doesn’t want him then I hope we don’t sign him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m starting to think no one is offering much money which I think keeps us involved. If it’s my call I bring him in. Lord knows there are much worse out there getting a chance, but if McCarthy doesn’t want him then I hope we don’t sign him.
yeah, just have proper language in the contract to get out of it, if he does go AB on us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, just have proper language in the contract to get out of it, if he does go AB on us.
Exactly. All this worry about him being disruptive but he isn't getting a lot of guaranteed money so whomever signs him will just cut him if he acts up. I think it's really being blown out of proportion.