• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eager's hit on Sedin

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch

Btw some chick flashed eager in the penalty box. it's on youtube. NSFW

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love that hit... Sure its a penality but its not as terrible as every hockey analyst is making it out to be.. Sedin had the puck and spun his back towards and incoming bear-man...

All the eager crying on this board that he should never wear teal again cracks me up... The guy was fired up and ready to knock heads weather they were stupid penalities or not, the other SJ guys need to take a cue from Eager and get fucking pumped too and grow some damn balls and smash guys, ya know, kinda like vanc is smashin the sharks all over the boards...

Thats why I like Torres and his asshole approach to the game vs most of SJs roster and their girlscout approach...

Gimmie a team of Riccis/C. Lemieuxs/Marchments/Nolans anyday over this crop of powder puffs...

New team pocily should be: If you do not knock an opposing player down with a check during a game, Doug Murray gets to punch you in the face i the locker room... At least the team will look tougher on the bench cause about 14 of them would have black eyes & broken noses haha

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break..

Eager is a worthless piece of shit with an IQ lower than his jersey number. He has *NOTHING* in common with any of the people you named other than the fact that they all played hockey in the NHL.

Play with an edge and hit people right and left and be a general annoyance out there? Would be fantastic...

He doesn't do that... instead he runs around and takes IDIOTIC penalties that put his team in a bad position and kill whatever little/any momentum they might otherwise be working with.

He hasn't taken ONE "good" penalty in his life, I'm sure... only momentum-killing moronic ones like last night.

So fuck him... I have had enough of his stupid shit. There is a reason why no team wants the fuck-up on their roster and keeps getting rid of him. Dougie should have known better. But If I had a penny for every time I've said that, ...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eager was effective for Chicago last year. the problem isnt him. Todd doesnt know how to coach guys who arent super easy. All his experience at the pro level was coaching guys like datsyuk, zetterberg, lidstrom, rafalski, Holmstrom, Cleary, Franzen... All veterans, all in their primes. All babcock has to do is just put them on the ice and they do the rest. no one has the 'coach' lidstrom, datsyuk, rafalski, zetterberg or any of those guys. They naturally always work hard, leave it all out there, play with their heads on straight and so on... That's their personality.

Mclellan hasnt showed that he knows how to get the most from his players.

1. Patty is an inconsistent as ever
2. Heater has regressed under Tmac.
3. Jumbo is starting to show it, but still almost never actually scores and todd never figured out how to make him a complete player.
4. Instead of dressing braun, who played far more recently, has a lot more speed and offensive ability, and is a part of the future of the organization and thus needs experience, he dresses huskins who hadnt played in 3 months and stunk it up then too.
5. He never figured out how to kill penalties all season which is probably 90% coaching, 10% goaltending (and we know it wasnt the tending that was the problem).
6. he doesnt know how to instill a killer instinct and keep guys playing for 60 minutes.
The questionable moves by the tadd go on and on and on. He is just not that good a coach. Not terrible, but not so good.

Eager could be a valuable asset, but the todd has no idea how to coach him.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eager was effective for Chicago last year. the problem isnt him. Todd doesnt know how to coach guys who arent super easy. All his experience at the pro level was coaching guys like datsyuk, zetterberg, lidstrom, rafalski, Holmstrom, Cleary, Franzen... All veterans, all in their primes. All babcock has to do is just put them on the ice and they do the rest. no one has the 'coach' lidstrom, datsyuk, rafalski, zetterberg or any of those guys. They naturally always work hard, leave it all out there, play with their heads on straight and so on... That's their personality.

Mclellan hasnt showed that he knows how to get the most from his players.

1. Patty is an inconsistent as ever
2. Heater has regressed under Tmac.
3. Jumbo is starting to show it, but still almost never actually scores and todd never figured out how to make him a complete player.
4. Instead of dressing braun, who played far more recently, has a lot more speed and offensive ability, and is a part of the future of the organization and thus needs experience, he dresses huskins who hadnt played in 3 months and stunk it up then too.
5. He never figured out how to kill penalties all season which is probably 90% coaching, 10% goaltending (and we know it wasnt the tending that was the problem).
6. he doesnt know how to instill a killer instinct and keep guys playing for 60 minutes.
The questionable moves by the tadd go on and on and on. He is just not that good a coach. Not terrible, but not so good.

Eager could be a valuable asset, but the todd has no idea how to coach him.

Thank you, someone with logic. Getting gift wrapped a team was already built for regular season success doesnt make you a good coach. Never been a fan of Todd since his first playoffs when it showed he doesnt know how to adjust on the fly. Fuck he doesnt eve know how to tell a guy to stand in front of the goalie and cause traffic... Year after year SJ never has a body there...

As for your Eager comments I couldnt agree more. Here in Chi is was said by mulitple local analysts, foley etc that Eager was probably the most missed player for the hawks this postseason (I happen to think it was Buff) but he's not worthless as people on here make it seem. Everyone on this team takes dumb penalities at dumb times. Whats the difference between Eagers dumb penality vs if Logan took his 2MM penality at the same time? Or Blakes dumb hook & ride penalities, or Heatlys random shit, or anyone on the team that takes one in a 1 goal game. Nothing, except with Eagers ya at least got something out of it, a smashed Sedin. And Ill take that in a game that was gonna be lost anyway, and if you dont think SJ was gonna lose by even more in the 3rd w/o the Eager penality then you obviously havnt seen the Sharks blow lead after lead in the 3rd...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eager logs about six minutes of ice time a game and is sole job on the ice is to provide energy for the team but taking the kind of penalties he has been taking has done the exact opposite. This is probably the biggest reason most are so critical of him.

Eager has been an absolute worthless disaster for the Sharks these PO's and no where near the player he was last year for Chicago. Unfortunately it appears the Sharks got the Flyers version of Ben Eager not the Blackhawks version.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eager logs about six minutes of ice time a game and is sole job on the ice is to provide energy for the team but taking the kind of penalties he has been taking has done the exact opposite. This is probably the biggest reason most are so critical of him.

Eager has been an absolute worthless disaster for the Sharks these PO's and no where near the player he was last year for Chicago. Unfortunately it appears the Sharks got the Flyers version of Ben Eager not the Blackhawks version.

Even so if he's not Chicago Eager, he's the least of this teams problems, and like I said, everyone on the team has been guilty of taking dumb penalities at dumb times... He was pumped up and went to drill a guy that turned his back right before contact. If Sedin doesnt spin pass and gets legally crushed the board would be praising the hit... Shit happens, everyone of us is guilty of taking a dumb penality when your amped up or pissed off. As I stated before, id rather have that dumbness be the result of smearing a sedin, then the result of just being lazy...

And as Rules stated, McTadd doesnt know how to coach individual players worth shit... Im waiting to see how he manages to fuck up Logans game...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even so if he's not Chicago Eager, he's the least of this teams problems, and like I said, everyone on the team has been guilty of taking dumb penalities at dumb times... He was pumped up and went to drill a guy that turned his back right before contact. If Sedin doesnt spin pass and gets legally crushed the board would be praising the hit... Shit happens, everyone of us is guilty of taking a dumb penality when your amped up or pissed off. As I stated before, id rather have that dumbness be the result of smearing a sedin, then the result of just being lazy...

And as Rules stated, McTadd doesnt know how to coach individual players worth shit... Im waiting to see how he manages to fuck up Logans game...

It still would have been a penality. Eager came from half way across the ice. The distance he covered to make the hit was unreasonable and was just as much of a factor in that being a penality as was where he made contact with Sedin. Eager's been in the league for a number of years now, if he hasn't figured out how not to make dumb plays yet no amount of coaching is going to fix it.

However you would prefer your penalties dumb/lazy you have to be smart enough not to take them in critical moments of the game, especially when your team is loosing. Couture's TMM penality was bad but at the same time he logs 18+ minutes a night and that is the 1st penality he's got all PO's long. Where as Eager, who logs less than five minutes a night, has regularly taken multipule bad penalties, many times when the team could least afford it.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It still would have been a penality. Eager came from half way across the ice. The distance he covered to make the hit was unreasonable and was just as much of a factor in that being a penality as was where he made contact with Sedin. Eager's been in the league for a number of years now, if he hasn't figured out how not to make dumb plays yet no amount of coaching is going to fix it.

Why would that have been a penality?? There was no charge there, he didnt run up half way across the ice. Look at the replay its right at the top of the page... He glides from the friggen C in the word cup... Since when is it illegal to glide from a far distance to chek someone...

Thats not a penality if he remains sidways Cmon... Again like our Niemi arguement I dont see what exactly your viewing here

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would that have been a penality?? There was no charge there, he didnt run up half way across the ice. Look at the replay its right at the top of the page... He glides from the friggen C in the word cup... Since when is it illegal to glide from a far distance to chek someone...

Thats not a penality if he remains sidways Cmon... Again like our Niemi arguement I dont see what exactly your viewing here

Basic rule of thumb, if the distance covered is more than two strides (Eager started out on the far side of center ice) it will be a penality. Also, Eager accelerated into the hit he didn't glide into it. He takes two half strides just before making contact.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if gliding from far away into someone to check them is illegal, then thats news to me, as I always thought charging was based on the 2 sprints of more action.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say keep him in the line up, since he is the only Shark player willing to play hard and get under the skin of the cunucks. If the Sharks had a 4th line that could play the body other than one single player, then Eager would have a bash brother

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say keep him in the line up, since he is the only Shark player willing to play hard and get under the skin of the cunucks. If the Sharks had a 4th line that could play the body other than one single player, then Eager would have a bash brother

I'd actually like to see McGinn back on the 4th line. Outside of the major he took he was playing the body really well.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd actually like to see McGinn back on the 4th line. Outside of the major he took he was playing the body really well.

Id rather see Todd Ewen in the lineup then McGinn

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id rather see Todd Ewen in the lineup then McGinn

Ewen would be better than anyone currently on the 4th line but since he's not available might as well go with who's going to hurt your team the least.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ewen would be better than anyone currently on the 4th line but since he's not available might as well go with who's going to hurt your team the least.

What bout Frazer McClearn?? He's a scrappy lil spunkster... Or does he just just downright suck when he's with the big boys?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bout Frazer McClearn?? He's a scrappy lil spunkster... Or does he just just downright suck when he's with the big boys?

Asked earlier in another thread, what about Mashinter? I'm sure he brings more than Mayers or McGinn & spent more time in SJ than the Fraze this year (I think).

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Desjardins back in there. He seems really smart about playing the body. When the fourth line was a strength in FEB/MAR, I think it was Mayers/Desjardins/Eager. When Nichol came back it didn't seem as effective.