• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

E3 2018

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that like good games?
It certainly sells. TLoU2 just looks so violent. I might be getting soft in my old age.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly sells. TLoU2 just looks so violent. I might be getting soft in my old age.

There wasn't anything above and beyond the violence in any other shooter or action game.

And let me suggest that the game is SO well written, and the characters so well realized, that the violence actually gives you pause at times.

Someone posted upthread that you can get the game for ten bucks? It's, imho, one of the premiere stories in gaming ever. You could just read the past few pages of 'War and Peace,' or 'Dune,' too. But then you'd miss out on the experience of actually reading them.

You're missing out.

--

Edit: Ah, you were talking about part 2. Obviously I have no idea as to the violence there, but if 1 was a benchmark it won't be any worse than RDR or about a zillion other games.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn't anything above and beyond the violence in any other shooter or action game.

And let me suggest that the game is SO well written, and the characters so well realized, that the violence actually gives you pause at times.

Someone posted upthread that you can get the game for ten bucks? It's, imho, one of the premiere stories in gaming ever. You could just read the past few pages of 'War and Peace,' or 'Dune,' too. But then you'd miss out on the experience of actually reading them.

You're missing out.

--

Edit: Ah, you were talking about part 2. Obviously I have no idea as to the violence there, but if 1 was a benchmark it won't be any worse than RDR or about a zillion other games.
Yea man it’s out for 10 bucks, that’s a steal. The story feels so real. It’s beautifully written, incredibly acted, and great gameplay.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought Origins during XBOX's big sale the other day. The one glaring weakness of the game is that the combat is the clunkiest I've ever experienced in an Assassin's Creed game which is saying a lot because I've played almost all of them. As much as the scenery will be great with this new one if they don't fix the combat the game will not be worth the price until it's at least half off.

It takes some getting use to but I ended up liking it once I got the hang of it. FWIW, Odyssey is going to take it further. You'll be able to button map specific moves and combos to use during combat to make it more fluid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're missing out.

--

There is a line of just...awful...that something can cross when it comes to realism, a depressing setting and violence. The Walking Dead TV show comes to mind.

I just don't care for this 'genre' enough to keep revisiting it if it keeps descending further into despair. The cliche thing here will be to kill the Dad character. They managed to end the first game in an interesting way but I wonder if this game will fall into that cliche.

I have played Walking Dead: Season 1 the video game. Its great. That works for me. That ending is as good as it will probably ever get in the genre, imo.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a line of just...awful...that something can cross when it comes to realism, a depressing setting and violence. The Walking Dead TV show comes to mind.

I just don't care for this 'genre' enough to keep revisiting it if it keeps descending further into despair. The cliche thing here will be to kill the Dad character. They managed to end the first game in an interesting way but I wonder if this game will fall into that cliche.

I have played Walking Dead: Season 1 the video game. Its great. That works for me. That ending is as good as it will probably ever get in the genre, imo.

Well I'd say that that's 100% why you should check out the game. You get emotionally invested in the characters like not many books/movies/games ever. The reason that you get so invested? Because they're fighting AGAINST that despair.

But sure, if you're out on 'zombies,' then I can see your point.

I'm MOSTLY 'out' on horror. Certainly waaaay out on stuff like Saw. But I'm thinking about going to see 'Hereditary,' just because I hear it's so excellent.