• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dunbar

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have been a lot higher on Dunbar than most and I understand that at some point the potential needs to turn into on the field production, but I really still feel if we use him as a niche' player and make it a point to use his positives and hide his negatives he can be a huge weapon for us in small spurts. He has a skill set that no one else on the team does.

This was too long for me to read, but I most liked the comparison to a "poor man's" Cobb. Not as a pure receiver of course, but on screens and out of the backfield and in space. Cobb sure can't pass protect or run too much between the tackles when he lines up in the backfield in specialty formations. With 3 - 7 touches a game and i think he can be a difference maker on those plays.

Bob Sturm: Why Lance Dunbars value might be lost on some Cowboys fans | | Dallas Morning News

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dunbar a lot, I think he has a problem with fumbles that needs to be corrected and he doesn't seem to be very durable....That said I have always thought he was a poor man's Reggie Bush. He's very shifty great burst of quickness don't think he has great speed though. I think he can be a monster on screens and sweeps and plays of that nature. I don't think he's tuff enough to run the ball up the middle on a consistent basis. He's without question a weapon, more of a niche player though so teams know what's coming with him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dunbar a lot, I think he has a problem with fumbles that needs to be corrected and he doesn't seem to be very durable....That said I have always thought he was a poor man's Reggie Bush. He's very shifty great burst of quickness don't think he has great speed though. I think he can be a monster on screens and sweeps and plays of that nature. I don't think he's tuff enough to run the ball up the middle on a consistent basis. He's without question a weapon, more of a niche player though so teams know what's coming with him.

I don't think his sample size is big enough to say he has a fumble problem, but I agree about the durability concern. He just doesn't have the body to be a FT RB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings had a player about 10 yrs ago from Alabama that Dunbar reminds me of . The player was more a receiver than a Rb but they had a special package for him each game. His name was David Palmer

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings had a player about 10 yrs ago from Alabama that Dunbar reminds me of . The player was more a receiver than a Rb but they had a special package for him each game. His name was David Palmer

More like 20yrs ago, but he was a bad boy @ Bama. He was slash before slash....

Last edited:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROMOTOOWENS said:
The Deuce was always loose

What you know about the deuce is loose? lol

#Papa Crum

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know in about 93 or 94 ???- Tennessee went to Bama. Bama was ranked 1. UT had Heath Shuler. They dominated that game and then Bama came back and tied it with a 2 point conversion. The two point play was basically a snap to Palmer and let him do what he could. Everyone in that stadium knew where the ball was going and UT still couldn't stop it.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know in about 93 or 94 ???- Tennessee went to Bama. Bama was ranked 1. UT had Heath Shuler. They dominated that game and then Bama came back and tied it with a 2 point conversion. The two point play was basically a snap to Palmer and let him do what he could. Everyone in that stadium knew where the ball was going and UT still couldn't stop it.

Yep back then the Phillip Fulmer years, TN was as big a rival as Auburn.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durability and possible fumble issue but he has not had many chances. As much as i like Murray i felt that he could have had bigger runs. Not sold on randle but he did look much better last season. Does mcfadden have anything left?