• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dumbass of the Week Award

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goes to the agent of Terrelle Pryor.

Y! SPORTS

It's hard to really be surprised when you pay attention to the NFL for many years. But then something comes along that you never, ever thought was possible.

Like an agent complaining that his client is getting a chance to start at quarterback in Week 17.

Terrelle Pryor's agent Jerome Stanley thinks that Pryor being given the start in Week 17 is a set up, masterminded by coach Dennis Allen, who is in danger of losing his job. Pryor hasn't started any of the Raiders' last six games, but was surprisingly named this week's starter on Monday. Allen said starting Pryor in the finale was all part of his plan, and has nothing to do with the play of rookie Matt McGloin. And yes, that does seem illogical and hard to believe.

Stanley told CSN Bay Area all about his conspiracy theory.

"I think they're putting him in hopes that he fails,” Stanley said. “That's what I think coach is doing. I think they're putting him in hopes that he has a bad game, so he can then justify the Matt McGloin situation. I think that's what's going on, I do and it's ridiculous...

"You have to understand the coach is putting him in, he doesn't want him to look good. And you can write that. He doesn't want him to look good because, if he looks good this week, it makes the past five weeks look like a bad decision. (Allen) doesn't want him to look good, he wants him to look bad. That is what is going on.”

Got that? Stanley thinks the Raiders are starting Pryor hoping that he fails. That's a heck of a confidence boost.

There are only two options here. Either Stanley is right, and the Raiders are far more messed up than any of us ever considered. Who knows. The decision to go with Pryor is so strange that something is amiss. If the Raiders thought Pryor had a real chance to be their quarterback of the future, he would have played more over the past six weeks. If the Raiders thought McGloin could be their quarterback of the future, they wouldn't take away a week of valuable game experience going into the offseason. But coaches and general managers often do crazy things that are not in the best interest of the franchise to save their jobs, more than we'd like to believe. But, neither quarterback has played all that well this season, so maybe the Raiders are simply throwing up their hands.

The other option is that Stanley has just become the first agent to publicly rip a team for giving his client a chance. Sure, it isn't ideal for Pryor to come in cold after six weeks and start against a Broncos team playing for the No. 1 seed in the AFC. But it's a chance after he slumped badly in midseason. Maybe it's just a chance because the Raiders think they can trade him in the offseason. But a young player like Pryor can't exactly scoff at any opportunity to play.

If nothing else we know this: We might never see this scenario play out again.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that's a whole pile of stupid

i think the agent is just lowering our expectations for a terrible Pryor performance

why does he think "putting him in the game" = "trying to get him to fail"?

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least hes right that letting pryor play makes him look like a bad qb

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the title of the thread I thought I won.....oh well , Stanley gets the nod this time. This is a rule of thumb...when the player you represent as an agent sucks in your opinion, recommend he ride the pine....big money doing that! :L