• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ducks at Canucks - The Return of Kesler

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of reaction will Kesler receive from the Rogers Arena faithful tonight?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be mixed but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more boos

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of reaction will Kesler receive from the Rogers Arena faithful tonight?

Im more interested in what kind of reception the team/management will give him ... will he get the video montage treatment? or nothing at all ... kinda been publically documented that Benning was sum kinda pissed at he and Overhardt ... the pairing down of his trade list to 1 team ... the daily calls from the agent after benning was hired, pushing for the trade

might be too soon?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im more interested in what kind of reception the team/management will give him ... will he get the video montage treatment? or nothing at all ... kinda been publically documented that Benning was sum kinda pissed at he and Overhardt ... the pairing down of his trade list to 1 team ... the daily calls from the agent after benning was hired, pushing for the trade

might be too soon?

I hate the video montage. Last thing I'm doing is making the opposing players feel good about themselves.

If he was truly great, he gets his number raised. If not (which he wasn't), let it go.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know if we can't have Kesler and ducks without the following:

23wk2fc.jpg.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the video montage. Last thing I'm doing is making the opposing players feel good about themselves.

If he was truly great, he gets his number raised. If not (which he wasn't), let it go.

^^^ This. Kesler scored less than 400 points in a Nucks uniform.

I personally think they should have a promotion though. Free Speedos and diving caps for all!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hate the video montages or not, they are pretty much standard stuff for guys who spent that much time with 1 team (McDonough the other night, Vince Carter with the Raptors last night) even if the players could be considered plugs in the grand scheme of things ... so they arent going away

but maybe they will tonight ???

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This. Kesler scored less than 400 points in a Nucks uniform.

I personally think they should have a promotion though. Free Speedos and diving caps for all!!

If Chris Phillips gets traded at the deadline (dont even know if its possible with the ltd NTC) and comes back to play v the sens ... does he get the montage treatment?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chris Phillips gets traded at the deadline (dont even know if its possible with the ltd NTC) and comes back to play v the sens ... does he get the montage treatment?

Probably because he's played over 1100 games for the team. I'd say that's a whole lot more rare than 500 + games and 390+ points.

It'll likely be a long montage too unfortunately. It'll only consist of about 4 clips but if they include a clip of Phillips doing anything in the last 2 years it'll take about 15 minutes. :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because he's played over 1100 games for the team. I'd say that's a whole lot more rare than 500 + games and 390+ points.

It'll likely be a long montage too unfortunately. It'll only consist of about 4 clips but if they include a clip of Phillips doing anything in the last 2 years it'll take about 15 minutes. :L

see I would expect Phillips to not get a montage because he might be in line for a jersey retirement because he was part of the Sens identity for so long ... honestly I could give 2 shits what another team does with its own players as far as ceremonial stuff when a player returns after getting traded or retires after a long tenure. Because its mostly all about THAT FRANCHISE treating the fans of THAT team and the perception of fans towards that player from another fanbase dont really matter at all (dont remind me about the Avs here lmao)

Kesler isnt gonna get a jersey retirement but he did spend alot of years here and some canucks fans think he provided alot to the organization :noidea: a video montage might be in order for this player but the way things shook down with management, that sitch might override any feelings of goodwill from fans that might still exist

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see I would expect Phillips to not get a montage because he might be in line for a jersey retirement because he was part of the Sens identity for so long ... honestly I could give 2 shits what another team does with its own players as far as ceremonial stuff when a player returns after getting traded or retires after a long tenure. Because its mostly all about THAT FRANCHISE treating the fans of THAT team and the perception of fans towards that player from another fanbase dont really matter at all

Kesler isnt gonna get a jersey retirement but he did spend alot of years here and some canucks fans think he provided alot to the organization :noidea: a video montage might be in order for this player but the way things shook down with management, that sitch might override any feelings of goodwill from fans that might still exist

OH yeah. Hey, I couldn't care less if he gets a montage or not. He was a really good player for a number of years. He did demand a trade though and then kind of handcuffed the Canucks when they tried to comply with his wish.

To again use a Sens analogy, it would be ALMOST like the Sens showing a montage of the "fucking all-star" Dany Heatley. Kesler's situation wasn't as acrimonious but it still left a bitter taste in the mouths of many Canucks fans. For the record I'd be disgusted if Heatley ever got a montage from the Sens. Hey!! Maybe the Nucks can just give HIM one tonight. People will be so confused they'll forget all about Kesler. Might work.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH yeah. Hey, I couldn't care less if he gets a montage or not. He was a really good player for a number of years. He did demand a trade though and then kind of handcuffed the Canucks when they tried to comply with his wish.

To again use a Sens analogy, it would be ALMOST like the Sens showing a montage of the "fucking all-star" Dany Heatley. Kesler's situation wasn't as acrimonious but it still left a bitter taste in the mouths of many Canucks fans. For the record I'd be disgusted if Heatley ever got a montage from the Sens. Hey!! Maybe the Nucks can just give HIM one tonight. People will be so confused they'll forget all about Kesler. Might work.

i actually think Kesler would be confused if he got one lmao

/how about a montage of cocaine for Heater?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see who really hated his ass while he was a Canuck..

Maybe Biksea will take a round out of him.....

Could give a fuck about the rest of it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see who really hated his ass while he was a Canuck..

Maybe Biksea will take a round out of him.....

Could give a fuck about the rest of it.

that guy plays for the Devils now

/this message brought to you by poonerman

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one for a montage but i would save it till either his last year, his last game vs a opponet that he had a good career playing with or when he retires.

Now if i had tickets to the game. Would buy 200 salmon and when they introduce kesler. Out goes the salmon

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate the video montages or not, they are pretty much standard stuff for guys who spent that much time with 1 team (McDonough the other night, Vince Carter with the Raptors last night) even if the players could be considered plugs in the grand scheme of things ... so they arent going away

but maybe they will tonight ???

Well, the VC one was avoided for ten years, and they only did it because he's the only reason anybody knew Toronto had a basketball team over their first 20 seasons. Kind of a peace offering.

He was also the best player in the team's history, something Kesler doesn't even register in the top ten of in Vancouver.

But I know, they aren't going anywhere. Still don't think Kesler should be getting one, though.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCMP (Tomlinson) just said Keslers musical equivalent is Nickleback :pound: