• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ Kings 10/29 Opening Night

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No D. Lee or Livingston tonight? HB will get his wish and probably start. I'm hoping our new offense shines tonight, but the defense will probably have to win this game for us.

Didn't follow the Kings much this offseason, I know they lost Thomas to PHO, Cousins will probably get a tech in the 1st few mins, and then there's Rudy Gay to deal with.

I still expect the Dubs to win this one, 110-98?

GO DUBS!

GSWRaider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Sac, Thomas was probably the biggest thorn to the Dubs(obviously we have to deal with that at Phoenix now) so we should handle them pretty easily. My expectations are to win these first two games stress free.

Key to the game:
-Kill any chance of hope the Kings have in the first or second quarter(biggest reason I want Igoudala starting is to get the big leads that can discourage the subpar teams from feeling like they have a chance)

Prediction: Warriors 1-0 Warriors 116 Sacramento 93

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling much greater anticipation than I have for any upcoming season in Dubs history. This squad appears to finally be deep enough to cope with players like Lee and Livingston being unavailable. Bogut and Ezili should be able to handle Cousins inside for most of the night, and Curry and others will have to stay in front of Thomas. As it is opening night in Sactown, I think the Kings will keep it close, but Dubs by around a half-dozen in the end.

NBKLee and I will be hoping for a Giants/Warriors double victory tonight. Go teams!!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling much greater anticipation than I have for any upcoming season in Dubs history. This squad appears to finally be deep enough to cope with players like Lee and Livingston being unavailable. Bogut and Ezili should be able to handle Cousins inside for most of the night, and Curry and others will have to stay in front of Thomas. As it is opening night in Sactown, I think the Kings will keep it close, but Dubs by around a half-dozen in the end.

NBKLee and I will be hoping for a Giants/Warriors double victory tonight. Go teams!!!

This.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No D. Lee or Livingston tonight? HB will get his wish and probably start. I'm hoping our new offense shines tonight, but the defense will probably have to win this game for us.

Didn't follow the Kings much this offseason, I know they lost Thomas to PHO, Cousins will probably get a tech in the 1st few mins, and then there's Rudy Gay to deal with.

I still expect the Dubs to win this one, 110-98?

GO DUBS!
What's wrong with Lee?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.

I'm going to be switching back and forth between both recordings. If I had to bet, I would say Giants have a 40% chance of winning, Dubs probably around %70. I don't like the history against us in Game 7's, we are not going to talk about that Series in early 2000's versus the stupid rally mammal.

I would feel better if the game was at home, but as the cliché goes, if you told me in Spring Training, Giants would have a 1 game playoff for all the Marbles ( Without Pagan/Scutaro/Cain/Belt most of the year/Morse M.I.A 2/3 of the year), I would have said you were nuts.

If the Giants somehow win this, I may just go to the parade in the rain on Friday.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a random report that Bogut may have food poisoning and may not play tonight.

Watching the Giants play, my stomach is churning already.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone even watching the game?

HB in his 1st start this year 0 points in the 1st half.

AI#9 coming off the bench, 0 points in the 1st half.

Dubs losing 47-49, Dubs taking too many 3 point shots and missing. Dubs still playing good defense, Bogut is bringing it, but Kerr played 11 bodies in the 1st half, its not the preseason, not reason to empty the bench.

I hope the DUbs pick it up in the 2nd, but in case you missed the

THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES!!! THE GIANTS WIN!!!

:suds:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dubs losing 47-49, Dubs taking too many 3 point shots and missing. Dubs still playing good defense, Bogut is bringing it, but Kerr played 11 bodies in the 1st half, its not the preseason, not reason to empty the bench.

Didn't watch the game, except for maybe 2 minutes total during a few commercial breaks.

I figure Kerr will likely employ a solid 10 man rotation throughout the year. An additional player was likely played because both Bogut and Ezeli got into some foul trouble.

Most likely this is what I figure the rotation will look like

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, Bogut
Livingston, Barbosa, Iguodala, Green, Ezeli

A few guys may be mixed and matched depending on who may be struggling or in foul trouble on a given night. Holiday played, but most likely he won't see the court if Rush is able to contribute at a higher level. Kuzmic and/or Speights will play sparingly as needed. Nedo is on the bench until otherwise called upon.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I had suspected, it was tougher than we might have thought for a while. I too checked in during WS commercials, and there was nothing flowing about the Warriors' play. There was still enough of a gulf in quality between the two teams for the Dubs to eventually pull away. But considering the fact that it was opening night and Klay couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, I'm optimistic about improvement moving forward.

Oh yeah, as the Giants were big underdogs with the worst record of any team entering the playoffs, this third one is particularly satisfying. Bumgarner for President.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors still give up way too many offensive rebounds.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors still give up way too many offensive rebounds.

Limited sample size, D.Lee wasn't in the game.

We can be outrebounded anytime, as long as we put up more points, I don't care. Kings are going to be horrible again this year. Mike Malone is 1/2 a season away from being fired. SAC is building a new stadium, and I see them pushing hard to get a a "big name coach" up there.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I had suspected, it was tougher than we might have thought for a while. I too checked in during WS commercials, and there was nothing flowing about the Warriors' play. There was still enough of a gulf in quality between the two teams for the Dubs to eventually pull away. But considering the fact that it was opening night and Klay couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, I'm optimistic about improvement moving forward.

Oh yeah, as the Giants were big underdogs with the worst record of any team entering the playoffs, this third one is particularly satisfying. Bumgarner for President.

How many kids do you think are practicing that 3/4 sling of a release in their backyards at this moment? The stones on that guy, 2 days rest, after shutting down the Royals, and he basically picks up where he left off. Will there be long term after effect after this 270+ inning year? I have to imagine there's going to be something. Cain + Lincecum faltering a few years after being dominate is proof of that. But I trust in Bochy and Righetti to manage this work next year.

Bigger question Dennis is, how much would you give Pablo this offseason? 4 years 65 million a good opening offer now?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many kids do you think are practicing that 3/4 sling of a release in their backyards at this moment? The stones on that guy, 2 days rest, after shutting down the Royals, and he basically picks up where he left off. Will there be long term after effect after this 270+ inning year? I have to imagine there's going to be something. Cain + Lincecum faltering a few years after being dominate is proof of that. But I trust in Bochy and Righetti to manage this work next year.

Bigger question Dennis is, how much would you give Pablo this offseason? 4 years 65 million a good opening offer now?
Bumgarner's delivery is so easy and he's such a big hoss, that I anticipate zero effect from all that work. He'd have pitched Game 8 if there was one.

4 @ $80 mil for Pablo. The sale of Panda merchandise will make up for much of that investment.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner's delivery is so easy and he's such a big hoss, that I anticipate zero effect from all that work. He'd have pitched Game 8 if there was one.

4 @ $80 mil for Pablo. The sale of Panda merchandise will make up for much of that investment.

4 years @ $80 mil is a little hard for me to swallow, but I know the Yanks, or Sox would probably offer him 5 years $125 mil+ or something ridiculous. I think if Pablo wants to come back, a deal will be struck.

I just think his weight is always going to be an issue, he's always a half dozen cheeseburgers away from being out of the game.

Is bringing Pablo back more important than bringing back Peavey/Morse? I can't see us signing all 3 of them. Vogelsong and Romo are probably gone.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years @ $80 mil is a little hard for me to swallow, but I know the Yanks, or Sox would probably offer him 5 years $125 mil+ or something ridiculous. I think if Pablo wants to come back, a deal will be struck.

I just think his weight is always going to be an issue, he's always a half dozen cheeseburgers away from being out of the game.

Is bringing Pablo back more important than bringing back Peavey/Morse? I can't see us signing all 3 of them. Vogelsong and Romo are probably gone.

I think Pablo is probably a priority if only because the fans love him. The Giants may overpay ala Timmy, to keep the guy. Really depends if Pablo wants the max cashout or to get paid well while still being a Giant.

I think Morse and Vogey are probably gone. I think Petit probably gets a shot to be promoted to the rotation and either the Giants tap into the farm or maybe even give Timmy another shot at the rotation.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm Sabean, I know that the bullpen has been a major key to the club's post-season success, so I re-sign Romo, make a reasonable offer to Morse and hope he just wants to stay around, and adios to Vogelsong and Peavy.

And Pablito, give him his twenty mil per with weight restrictions. Again, how much Panda paraphernalia do the Giants sell?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pablo is probably a priority if only because the fans love him. The Giants may overpay ala Timmy, to keep the guy. Really depends if Pablo wants the max cashout or to get paid well while still being a Giant.

I think Morse and Vogey are probably gone. I think Petit probably gets a shot to be promoted to the rotation and either the Giants tap into the farm or maybe even give Timmy another shot at the rotation.

Morse could probably be had for 2 years @ 5mil per, I think Morse loves playing here and would take a discount. Vogey, could play hardball and demand a 3 year deal around $21 mil again, I would let him walk

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Sabean, I know that the bullpen has been a major key to the club's post-season success, so I re-sign Romo, make a reasonable offer to Morse and hope he just wants to stay around, and adios to Vogelsong and Peavy.

And Pablito, give him his twenty mil per with weight restrictions. Again, how much Panda paraphernalia do the Giants sell?

Agreed, but Romo got exposed again in the 2nd half. Giants have Strickland, Gutierrez, Cordier, and a whole slew of young arms they can plug into the 6th/7th inning. I'm comfortable with Affeldt/Lopez handling the 8th if needed.

I would keep Peavy, and let Vogey walk personally. Nothing against Vogelsong, but I think his best days are behind him and he's going to want more than I would want to pay for him.

Giants could easily sell the Panda gear to his next team for cents on the dollar if they wanted to. Its not my money, but I hope they don't break the bank, if BOS offers 200+ million, we have to back away from the table quickly.