• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drouin sent down

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin sent to AHL where ISR said he will finish his career.
Perhaps we can trade him ro Nashville along with Matt Carle
for Seth Jones.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin has requested a trade, I hope Nashville bites.
Perhaps he can realize his potential with another team
he never got a fair shake in Tampa.
I think it was Cooper and Drouin not getting along for some reason.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Colorado and St. Louis as trade options yzerman has been scouting there teams.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin has requested a trade, I hope Nashville bites.
Perhaps he can realize his potential with another team
he never got a fair shake in Tampa.
I think it was Cooper and Drouin not getting along for some reason.
I agree Bolt and rumour has it that Stamkos and Chompy don't get along neither. I sure hope your 2nd post in this thread comes true! Now, does not taking Seth for Drouin seem like a great idea guys? What a waste of a draft pick! Spent on something we were overloaded with, forwards! PAAAAAAAAATHETIC! I still see Drouin as a career AHL'er. He really has never shown any of the moves, passes and play style in the NHL that he was known for in the AHL.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think Drouin and Cooper see eye-to-eye, when he was in the lineup he didn't see much ice time at all. I've heard the Lightning have been scouting the Blues heavily and Blues need offense as apparently they were the runner up in the Ryan Johansen sweepstakes and now are interested in Drouin.

The deal that most people are talking about is Shattenkirk for Drouin. Shattenkirk is a good D man with offensive skills and the ability to run a PP but a straight swap would put the bolts over the cap so they would have to move an NHL player, plus Shattenkirk is a UFA after next season so the bolts could lose him for nothing after one year.

The other name floating about is Robby Fabbri, infact a saw something on twitter saying Drouin for Fabbri is a serious possibility. Fabbri was the 21st overall pick in the 2014 draft and has 10 goals and 4 assists in his first year with the Blues. This deal would be a prospect swap but i'm not sure if the deal would benefit the Blues need of addressing offense. Drouin is more talented than Fabbri but Fabbri scored more goals than Drouin overall in just 23 games this season, what would you rather have, talent or production?

The deal that I see happening is Drouin for Colton Parayko. Parayko is a 6" 5 225lbs 22 year old, righty shot D man (which we need) who is in his first season with the Blues and has played really well registering 6 goals and 10 assists. I remember when we played the Blues early this year and he jumped off the screen, i'd never hear or seen him before, he was all over the ice.

I think a Drouin for Parayko makes a ton of sense for both sides and our D pairings would look like this with Nesterov occasionally swapping with Sustr -

Hedman-Stralman
Coburn-Parayko
Garrison-Sustr

Nesterov/Carle

I could be wrong but I don't there's many games left for Carle In a bolt uniform, I think If we acquire a young D man they will put him on waivers.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have just saw another rumour including the Blues saying it's Fabbri that Is being discussed in a deal for Drouin. Again i'm surprised that the Blues are looking at this deal as one the benefits their offense. Yes Drouin is more talented than Fabbri but Fabbri is younger and also has scored more goals than Drouin in a much more smaller sample size.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the sound of Drouin for Parayko and throw in Carle to sweeten
the deal or we will end up buying out Carle's contract.
Maybe he will play better for the Blues as he did in Philly.
Drouin may also blossom with the Blues. The league is loaded
with ex Lightning players that are playing much better than
when they were Bolts.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like the sound of the big D-man that's a righty! Maybe Carle can be the icing on that deal, seeing that they will get a d-man plus Drouin. I suspect Fabbri is a forward and knowing Chompy and our village idiot that's what they're leaning towards. Why in hell would we want D-men? Chomp chomp chomp giggle giggle