• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Theory On Kubiak's Firing - Good News

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dear fellow Rams fans,

I have no doubt in my mind that Kubiak's firing was based on his benching of Keenum in last night's game. Shaub came in and brought the Texans all the way back to almost winning the game and therefore improving its victory total and potentially losing the first pick in the draft!

Owner Bob McNair made it a point after announcing Kubiak's firing that Keenum would remain the Texan's starting QB. The reason is of course to continue losing the remainder of their games since it's obvious Shaub gives the team a better chance of winning based on last night's play.

The good news for Rams fans is that McNair probably has his heart set on drafting Manziel with the number one overall pick! That gives the Rams added leverage if we get #2 and the other QB hungry teams are after Bridgewater anyway!!!

Of course, there are still games to be played. However, I see the silver lining in Kubiak's firing. Wade Phillips has no choice but to start Keenum if he wants to remain defensive coordinator after the hiring of a new coach. Owner Bob McNair is the new Jerry Jones!!! :suds:

Thoughts?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody is as crazy as jerry....

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preferred scenario would be to see us get one of the top QBs in the draft and trade Bradford for hopefully at least a 2nd round pick. But as long as Fisher is there that's just a pipe dream.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool to get the #2 overall pick again and have a team give up the farm to swap like Washington did with RG3.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Houston to win so bad last night, I could taste it. Redskins need to continue to lose. At least Houston will take Manziel and not trade the pick. That puts us in play for another RG3 haul if we get #2.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that scenario and if Cleveland is ALREADY chompin at the bit to deal with us and we get three first rounders, and a second 2nd, I might be inclined to warm up to such a notion.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Cleveland even deal with the Rams after they felt slighted over the RG3 trade?

I suppose if the Rams do get #2 and Bridgewater is there, they may have no choice ( especially with Mariotta going back to O ).

But do the Rams really pass on Bridgewater when Bradford is still a ?

I guess if the haul is big enough, you take the deal and run.

The only things that remain are: do the Skins lose out to at least secure the #2 pick, do the Texans really want Manziel over Bridgewater, and do the Browns or any other team want to trade up?

That's a lot of scenarios to play out in the next 3 weeks.:gaah:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that, there are QB's in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds who I like better overall than Bridgewater. Bridgewater is going to be good, but I have a feeling he is going to be more like Colin Kaepernick than Andrew Luck. He will get figured out.

So the rumored Cleveland offer is their 2 1's and a 3rd rounder in THIS draft for Washington's pick.
If done right, the Rams end up with a franchise OT, a TRUE #1 WR, a QB to battle Bradford or even replace him, a Pro Bowl Safety and either an OLB or DT. ALL holes we need to fill

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that, there are QB's in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds who I like better overall than Bridgewater. Bridgewater is going to be good, but I have a feeling he is going to be more like Colin Kaepernick than Andrew Luck. He will get figured out.

So the rumored Cleveland offer is their 2 1's and a 3rd rounder in THIS draft for Washington's pick.
If done right, the Rams end up with a franchise OT, a TRUE #1 WR, a QB to battle Bradford or even replace him, a Pro Bowl Safety and either an OLB or DT. ALL holes we need to fill

My God, that sounds like an absolute dream scenario. And I can tell you this, living in northeast Ohio... it is a very real possibility. Cleveland wants a QB VERY BADLY. We could be looking at another year or two of quality draft picks, while already drastically improving.

I don't like to get ahead of ourselves... but if we play our cards right... we could build an absolute monster of a team to contend for years to come. All on the Washington Redskins' dime. :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if the Rams are not going to take Matthews at two and say Wadkins when we pick, then take the Cleveland trade and pick up Kouandijo, Wadkins, and even the LB from UCLA or a safety with the third first rounder. Then they have a second and two 3rds to pick up a QB and another running back. I am liking this deal more and more.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario like this happening if we deal with Cleveland:
1st - Evans or Watkins
1st - Kouandjio or Cameron Erving
1st - Dix, Roby or Verrett
2nd- Derek Carr or DaQuan Jones
3rd- Anthony Johnson (DT LSU) or AJ McCarron
3rd- Pierre Desir (dude is moving up the draft board)
That is a #1 WR, a OT, QB, S/CB, DT and OLB in the first 6 picks... then we would still have 5 more picks after that on day 3 to get another S/CB or 2, interior O lineman, RB

So maybe take the first 6 above and add Christian Jones OLB from FSU in the 4th, Carlos Hyde RB from OSU in the 5th, Spencer Long from Nebraska in the 6th and Keith McGill S/CB from Utah and John Halapio OG from Florida in the 7th.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this scenario plays out, even we can't screw this up! :rollseyes:

To answer Angelakerams - the old regime - Holmgren - is gone. We'll help out Cleveland this time by dealing with them.

While it's nice to get both their first round picks and their second, I'm wondering if it might be in our best interest to get some picks for the following year. So, say a one and two this year and a one and three next year. It helps the cap and maybe Cleveland has an even worse record next year with the rookie QB and we get another high pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scenario is pretty darn good KSUDodgers. I am warming up to the Cleveland offer every day.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a draft expert so I expect you guys to be the guru's but if that scenario unfolds man! Our linebacker core would be nice! 3 Stud backers, a #1 WR stud and a QB, NFC west would be unstoppable...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know there has been a rumored trade already.

What does the rumor involve?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - Keenum's thumb is injured. Play Yates instead of Schaub or you'll be fired Wade!!! Gotta keep losing per McNair for that #1 pick - read Johnny Football and sold out stadiums and high tv ratings!!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland buzz all over their sites are QB @ #2. Two 1st and a 3rd for #2, whoever has it. My shot is that the Rams hold the title on it via Redskins. The Browns already have the most picks in the draft via the Richardson trade for example. Now the spots might not be top 5 but just look where Cleveland will end up at this point, they are 4-10 right now. If they continue the slide, theirs might just be 4 or 5 or 6 anyway + the Colts #1. But if they want a certain QB, a trade will have to happen or they lose again.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is not many players away from a winning season. They have to get the quarterback.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - Keenum's thumb is injured. Play Yates instead of Schaub or you'll be fired Wade!!! Gotta keep losing per McNair for that #1 pick - read Johnny Football and sold out stadiums and high tv ratings!!!

Pretty sure Yates is injured as well. No worries this week, none of that lot is going to beat the Broncos. Next week is more winable, vs the Titans.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a coincidence that this is the week Bob McNair decides its time to put Ben Tate on injured reserve after he's already been playing effectively through his rib injuries for four weeks now. Have to downgrade at running back because we don't want Schaub pulling out a win!