• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft day sleepers

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about you guys but i did a terrible job this season on sleepers... I was too fixated on believing that seattle and KC were going to improve their offense so much that i took players like dustin Ackley,Mike moustakis lorenzo cain, alcides escobar, eric Hosmer. i see that i should not have been fixated on the teams and instead i should of paid more attention to the players... I passed on players like Carlos gomez, dexter fowler, to get players on teams that i thought would be good this season... I hate being wrong and what is worse is that i did the same thing in all 3 leagues of mine... Definitely a lesson that hurt but needed to make a better team next season(dont take sleepers because you like the team, take sleepers because you like the player... And dont take too many sleepers on the same fantasy team... I think in one of my leagues i had over 5 sleepers...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about you guys but i did a terrible job this season on sleepers... I was too fixated on believing that seattle and KC were going to improve their offense so much that i took players like dustin Ackley,Mike moustakis lorenzo cain, alcides escobar, eric Hosmer. i see that i should not have been fixated on the teams and instead i should of paid more attention to the players... I passed on players like Carlos gomez, dexter fowler, to get players on teams that i thought would be good this season... I hate being wrong and what is worse is that i did the same thing in all 3 leagues of mine... Definitely a lesson that hurt but needed to make a better team next season(dont take sleepers because you like the team, take sleepers because you like the player... And dont take too many sleepers on the same fantasy team... I think in one of my leagues i had over 5 sleepers...

In all fairness, a lot of people did the same thing. I was convinced James McDonald and Trevor Bauer were gonna be studs. Almost everyone thought KC would have a team of superstars. I did too, but I recently read an article that made a pretty good point: they're mostly a bunch of kids with no track record or much experience. Live and learn...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, a lot of people did the same thing. I was convinced James McDonald and Trevor Bauer were gonna be studs. Almost everyone thought KC would have a team of superstars. I did too, but I recently read an article that made a pretty good point: they're mostly a bunch of kids with no track record or much experience. Live and learn...

Its jsut awful when you dont hit on one sleeper... I know it happens to someone every season, it just sucks when it happens to you...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With your focus on Seattle, I hope you at least landed Iwakuma. There aren't that many players that you can put ahead of him for sleeper of the year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your focus on Seattle, I hope you at least landed Iwakuma. There aren't that many players that you can put ahead of him for sleeper of the year.

The only sleeper on those two teams i hit on was kendrys morales...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I myself tend to sleep on draft day sleepers. When I am drafting, I am doing so on guys that I am as sure as possible as to what I should expect to get from them. I wait until they have fully awoken before I will pick them up.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wait until they have fully awoken before I will pick them up.
usually it's too late at that point. I grabbed Domonic Brown in all 3 of my leagues just as he was heating up. Glad I did bc he hasn't cooled since(knock on wood).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usually it's too late at that point. I grabbed Domonic Brown in all 3 of my leagues just as he was heating up. Glad I did bc he hasn't cooled since(knock on wood).

Not too late for me to get in on Brown at about H.R # 10 in one league.

:decision:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft strategy all depends on your league. If you have a real strong group of owners, sometimes the best sleepers are the boring value picks that nobody wants to make.

But yes, you usually need to either hit a couple sleepers or do very well in free agency in order to contend.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Chris Carpenter in a very early draft league. Niese, well hasn't been much better. I'm not sure 11th and 12th round picks are sleepers, but those were bad back to back picks. Surprisingly that's the only league I'm over .500 in.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I was high on Gaby Sanchez Eric Hosmer Mark Buehrle and Jaime Garcia. Oops.