• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft and Free Agency

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say I was unfortanately right about this team. Soft and the defense blows and cant help out the offense by making big plays when it is struggling.

It wasn't the defense that lost us the SB. They held up well early and fell apart when the offense could not do shit. The issue Malibu is not that we are homers that think this team can do no wrong. We realize there are issues but you were willing to throw them out after one friggin game. You basically got on here everyday bitching about how they can do nothing right. Most of us did not want to concede the season after the cowboys game like you. Sue us for having a little hope.

Now we can talk about the things we would like to see happen to improve. Now is when you can point out deficiencies and how to fix them rather than your usual "this team blows" or "the defense is a pile of shit" Any dumbass can see the issues, how about ways to fix them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its that kind of thinking that homers use. Champs time has passed and where was Woodyard the 2nd half of the season? I dont care if he was out of position or not. He didnt make any plays at all. The Broncos need to get bigger on defense and get more physical then they are. Thats up to the coaches and gettting some new talent on the team. If you homers keep thinking the same way you do or if the Broncos think the same way then next season will end in dissapointment again.

You still have yet to offer anything of substance to this conversation other than to say "I was right" (which not really considering until the Super Bowl the defense actually played very well the 2nd half of the season with 6 starters out) and call me a "Homer."

Now Woodyard being out of position is why I don't think he will be resigned. We already have a very good WLB for cheap and it doesn't make sense to have Woodyard on the bench or trying to play out of position. To say though what you did about him is such disrespect to a guy that has been nothing but class for this organization. Same goes for Champ. Now I said Champ at Corner is past his prime. Champ at Safety though could be just about perfect. He is great at reading what an offense is doing and still has enough athletic ability to play the position and play it well. Now given he would have to take a pay cut to stay but my guess is he will be willing to do that.

Now again as I said we had 6 starters on defense out most for a huge chunk of the year. Our biggest problem in the Super Bowl defensively was that we applied no pressure. Well part of that is missing Von Miller one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, Derek Wolfe an up and coming good player for our defense, and obviously a few other key players that can help make a difference. I mean imagine us having DRC, Champ, and Harris all in the game together. They played 3 games together this season and dominated in those games. Our pressure was better because our coverage was better. Throw in missing Moore who is our best coverage safety. All of those guys are coming back so the defense should improve just by bringing back the guys from IR. My guess is they add some other pieces through the draft like a hard hitting MLB that you are bitching about.

I like others have said WE ALL SEE THIS TEAM HAS SOME WEAKNESSES. Having said that we did just compete for the Super Bowl missing 2 All-Pros (imagine if Seattle had to play without Sherman and Thomas on their defense how good would they be) plus a handful of other at least above average players. So my guess is we are a few pieces away from being an even more complete team than we were this past year. We might lose a couple of players but the core of the team is still going to be there plus a couple of top tier players to boot. Say we have another good Free Agency period and bring in a couple of draft picks to help us out plus seeing our own draft picks like Sly, Ball, Webster, and Smith grow from this last draft and I like our team's chances of competing once again for the Super Bowl.

Again answer the QUESTION of what would you do then to improve this team instead of just being a jerk?