• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dr Cyanide Mock Draft 5.0

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I think you also do a good job of hitting about where players will go in the real draft. (seems lilke most fans are a bit unrealistic with draft slottings). KJ Dillon is really rising. I thought he had a real good year this year after being sorta hidden his first three years. McCallister would be fun to work with, he'd be in a good situation here not needing to play right away. Wendell Smallwood is very under valued. Not a starting RB at the NFL level, but a guy who played both RB and WR. Could help as a return man and would be a great 3rd down back. Id take him over Hillman anyday and I think he is a very good possbility. As a matter of fact had I passed on my last pick in DCFFL I'd have targeted Smallwood next. He shouldn't have declared and neither should have Weatherley or McCallister, but all 3 are going to be nice value picks. McCallister basically had no choice though, it was that or transfer as he was getting booted from UF.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Doc's drafts and explanations for the pick.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That took a lot of work thank you I will look at all of it latter . man that looked like a great draft . I still have looked at the QB you were talking so I would need to be stoked or not but other wise not bad .

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis doc, and a fun and informative read ..

McCallister is an intriguing prospect ... and I like Jones a lot

But Hackenberg is one dud of a QB IMHO

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis doc, and a fun and informative read ..

McCallister is an intriguing prospect ... and I like Jones a lot

But Hackenberg is one dud of a QB IMHO

he is the most interesting man in the draft imo. he could boom or bust

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make it easier for you guys who didn't want to dig through:
31: Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi St, 6'6" 310 lbs
63: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn St, 6'4" 223 lbs
94: Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona St, 6'3" 298 lbs
3c: 98: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio St. 6'6" 257 lbs
4c: 136: K.J. Dillon, S, West Virginia, 6'0" 210 lbs
5i: 144: Alex McCallister, OLB, Florida, 6'6", 239 lbs
5ii: 157: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina, 6'5", 324 lbs
6c: 219: Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia, 5'10" 208 lbs
7i: 228: Juston Burris, CB/S, NC State, 6'0" 212 lbs
7ii: 253: Montese Overton, LB, Eastern Carolina, 6'2" 223 lbs

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to flip Westerman and Hack around. If you think Hack will even be a 3rd pk. is stretching it. After Wentz,Goff,Cook and Lynch are gone,you wont see another qb taken till late 3 or 4 where you'll see 3 go in rd 4 book it

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is the most interesting man in the draft imo. he could boom or bust
To make it easier for you guys who didn't want to dig through:
31: Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi St, 6'6" 310 lbs
63: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn St, 6'4" 223 lbs
94: Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona St, 6'3" 298 lbs
3c: 98: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio St. 6'6" 257 lbs
4c: 136: K.J. Dillon, S, West Virginia, 6'0" 210 lbs
5i: 144: Alex McCallister, OLB, Florida, 6'6", 239 lbs
5ii: 157: Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina, 6'5", 324 lbs
6c: 219: Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia, 5'10" 208 lbs
7i: 228: Juston Burris, CB/S, NC State, 6'0" 212 lbs
7ii: 253: Montese Overton, LB, Eastern Carolina, 6'2" 223 lbs
Sorry Doc but that draft has no chance of rating even a maybe decent. Way off on 2-3 pk. You can do better. That's too much wine talk in there I will assume :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Doc but that draft has no chance of rating even a maybe decent. Way off on 2-3 pk. You can do better. That's too much wine talk in there I will assume :)

Let's see your mock!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do a prof pick bet. I bet hackenberg goes before our 3rd round pick

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see your mock!
LOL! Not saying the players you pkd were so bad, just the 2 and 3 pk is not anywhere near where Hackenburg will go and Westerman will go in rd 2, not 3. The other guys could easily fall where you got them and are intriguing picks though. If Hackenburg goes before 4th rd I will be surprised...a lot. I also agree with Cd that if Denver does`nt get Kap ( please no ) they could veerrrry well pull the plug on Cook at 31. Not saying I`m all for that, but that possibility is certainly feasible. Rather they waited till 3-4 rds before grabbing a Qb because I`m not thrilled about any of them in early rds for Denver anyway. Give me Kessler/Hack/Dak in 4th rd instead. They all have potential back up careers written all over them anyway IMO. :):suds:

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are waiting on QB, give me Kessler or Brissett. Dak will go Day 2 from everything I am reading.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are waiting on QB, give me Kessler or Brissett. Dak will go Day 2 from everything I am reading.
I agree Doc. Rather have Kessler. I actually think Elway does too and is throwing smoke screens to keep that on the sly. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill pass on Kessler. He does nothing for me.
Your going to be surprised DC. :) He has just a good of chance as anyone in this qb draft class. Wouldn't use a 1 or two on any of these guys.Just throw the top 8 in a hat and draw one. You might get lucky. Like I've stated way too much,the top 3 qbs in this draft have as much ceiling as the next 3-6 taken. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Adams ends up with the best career out of all of them. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your going to be surprised DC. :) He has just a good of chance as anyone in this qb draft class. Wouldn't use a 1 or two on any of these guys.Just throw the top 8 in a hat and draw one. You might get lucky. Like I've stated way too much,the top 3 qbs in this draft have as much ceiling as the next 3-6 taken. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Adams ends up with the best career out of all of them. :)

Lets hear your thoughts on Kessler? Why will he succeed? I am not saying you're wrong, but I am not hearing why you like him. I am just curious, what you like about him?

Also, where is your 7 round mock? :)

I want reasons for some of this stuff, it's easy to criticize the guys mock, and we all have our own opinion, but I'd just like to know why? I wanna see if I can see what you see. Maybe Ill learn something.

Just tell me WHY? Give reasons.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hear your thoughts on Kessler? Why will he succeed? I am not saying you're wrong, but I am not hearing why you like him. I am just curious, what you like about him?

Also, where is your 7 round mock? :)

I want reasons for some of this stuff, it's easy to criticize the guys mock, and we all have our own opinion, but I'd just like to know why? I wanna see if I can see what you see. Maybe Ill learn something.

Just tell me WHY? Give reasons.
Ok DC will get back to ya. Had/have bunch of crap going on but will give mock soon. As far as Kessler though, Being in Ca. I`ve gotten to watch alot of USC games for many years. I would suggest DC that you just look at some of the articles,evals,etc on him. I`ve always liked him. Great pocket awareness. Gotten some comparisons to Big Ben ( not height wise as Kessler is 6`1) but how he manipulates pocket like Ben for one thing. Never said he was 1-2 rd material but has as good chance as any of these guys to surprise and a 4th would prob be good. Also this........2015 - 3526 yds passing,29 tds, 7 ints and 66.8% comp. Career stats...10,340 yds , 88 tds 19 ints and 67.3% comp. This is also vs many top talented competition in the Pac 12 and outside such as rivalry with ND,etc. He fits the game manager, limits turnovers ,smart qb role everyone says is all Denver needs kinda guy. I`ve heard teams like him more than their letting on. Can`t remember what program or who was mentioning him though. :suds:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok DC will get back to ya. Had/have bunch of crap going on but will give mock soon. As far as Kessler though, Being in Ca. I`ve gotten to watch alot of USC games for many years. I would suggest DC that you just look at some of the articles,evals,etc on him. I`ve always liked him. Great pocket awareness. Gotten some comparisons to Big Ben ( not height wise as Kessler is 6`1) but how he manipulates pocket like Ben for one thing. Never said he was 1-2 rd material but has as good chance as any of these guys to surprise and a 4th would prob be good. Also this........2015 - 3526 yds passing,29 tds, 7 ints and 66.8% comp. Career stats...10,340 yds , 88 tds 19 ints and 67.3% comp. This is also vs many top talented competition in the Pac 12 and outside such as rivalry with ND,etc. He fits the game manager, limits turnovers ,smart qb role everyone says is all Denver needs kinda guy. I`ve heard teams like him more than their letting on. Can`t remember what program or who was mentioning him though. :suds:

Nope- I base my opinion off watching players. I have seen a lot of Kessler. His JR year I was a huge Nelson Agoholor fan so watched a ton of Kessler, thought he was pretty solid. Should have declared. This year, did not see the same guy. His arm is unimpressive and his accuracy doesn't stick out enough to make me get excited. He just looked like a way different QB this year. I know for a fact that scouts are real down on him too.

I don't base my opinion off what I read from other draft sites, etc. I base stuff off what I see. If I haven't watched enough of a player on film or live game then I am not going to comment but I am open to learning. For instance the OL. I don't scout them for my draft site so I don't watch a lot of film or online game footage of the OL, so I learn from others... There are a certain amount of OL Ill catch on to and watch a lot of for instance Max Garcia last year and Joe Thuney this year.

Kessler reminds me nothing of Big Ben. IMO he can play in the NFL, but I don't see him as a long term starter by any means. Could be an ok backup for years. He reminds me more of Chad Henne who has been an "OK" backup in the NFL.