• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Double Standard For Dez Bryant & Tom Brady

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant's antics?

"He's cancer!"

"Sore loser!"

"Immature, selfish moron!"

Tom Brady berates the refs, attacks his receivers, throws tantrums on the sideline and spews vulgarities for the camera, then cusses out reporters in a :72 press conference after he throws a game-ending INT.

"Bless his heart, he's a passionate leader who just wants to win."

tombrady.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone other than a sanctimonious Patriots fan help me understand this?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because everyone is racist

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because everyone is racist

Might have something to do with that but mainly it's because Brady is marketable and Bryant isn't. There's nothing the media won't excuse Brady for, we should know that by now.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've seen Tom Brady cuss and scream and do all kind of things but nobody looks at him like that," the outspoken Pittsburgh Steelers safety said Wednesday. "I just think it's unfair the way we see it and the way the media portrays certain things because of personal feelings about a person."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwdIdPJUYjY]Dez bryant meltdown vs tom bradys. Yall decide if its double standard - YouTube[/ame]

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said this about Andre Johnson when he did it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez was on a winning team, fans of every other team would want him on theirs.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez was on a winning team, fans of every other team would want him on theirs.

I don't think it's the fans (other than Pats fans) who are being unreasonable. It's the fuckin media. They skewer Bryant (and others) while turning a blind eye to Brady's selfish, destructive antics.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone other than a sanctimonious Patriots fan help me understand this?

Life isn't fair, hyperbole. Perception is reality.

Brady is the all-american boy with 3 SB's and his wife is a supermodel. They
are the so-called perfect couple.

Brady is a QB and leader of the team. They are given more grace than whiny
WR's. My favorite QB of all time is Dan Marino and he consistently was pissed
on the bench. Refs, Teammates, opponents. Again, he was the all-american
QB that was given grace.

Whining WR's are typically called prima donnas and punks for their sideline antics.
See DeSean Jackson this past Sunday vs the Vikings as a perfect example.
See T.O. Dez falls into that group.

Dez grew up with a drug mother. He got kicked off the Okie St team for some
violation. Then Dez beat up his Mother. He's a bit whacked out off the field
and he takes it to the field with his tantrums.

Double standards exist throughout life. Successful Sales reps or Executives get
away with more than the less successful. That's the way the world rolls.

It's simple to understand and am surprised you can't figure this out. No, I guess I'm
not surprised you can't figure this out. :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the 2nd greatest QB of all time to a mom beating wide receiver is a bit of a reach, no? One player is the supposed leader of the team, one is just a wide receiver. It's apples and oranges. I don't think there is a double standard because you can't compare a receivers role to a QB's.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perception is reality. There are a three key differences here...

1) Brady is doing this at the END of his career, whereas Brady is doing it at the beginning.

2) Brady already has rings and has success to back him up. Dez is on a losing team that's mediocre at best.

3) Dez has been a diva from day one. Have we had a single year where he hasn't drawn attention to himself in a negative manner, be it on the field or off? Jerry Jones had to HIRE someone to follow him around and be a chaparone for crying out loud.

So with Dez this is a pattern and has been since he came into the league. With Tom it's only in the last couple years or so, not coincidently at the same time he's losing talent at the WR position.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the 2nd greatest QB of all time to a mom beating wide receiver is a bit of a reach, no? One player is the supposed leader of the team, one is just a wide receiver. It's apples and oranges. I don't think there is a double standard because you can't compare a receivers role to a QB's.

It's scary Robo but we're starting to agree far more than we're supposed to as arch rivals. :suds:

Hyperboledown is just :ss: because his sports knowledge is severely lacking. :nod:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ospreys learned a new word in class this week and he can't stop using it. :L

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ospreys learned a new word in class this week and he can't stop using it. :L

Is he still saying hyperbole? :lame: I have him on ignore... He's a shitty poster that pollutes every forum he creeps in to.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel walking off the field before the final whistle is a little different than having a blowup on the sideline. I can understand why Dez was frustrated, but none of the other Cowboys players walked off the field. Tough it up and be a good teammate.

I look at it this way. The Packers came back against absolutely outrageous odds. What if Flynn and/or Dietrich-Smith fumbled the first snap of the kneel-downs and the Cowboys recovered (highly unlikely, true. But equally odd things happened in that game). The Cowboys would have about 1:15 with a timeout to get into field goal range. Where's Dez? Oh, he's crying on the locker room.

Stay on the field till the final whistle. It's a simple thing to do and your teammates will appreciate you and look up to you for it.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that of course, there is a double standard. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. As someone already said, it happens everywhere in life. Honestly, maybe storming off to the locker room was a little excessive but Dez has every right to be extremely pissed at everyone around him on that pathetic excuse for a team, coaching staff and ownership. It's not just that they are mediocre and lose games. It's losing games they should be winning handily because of ineptitude and it seems that all of Jerry's puppets just say ho hum and tow the party line. They are all too chicken shit to say what really needs to be said and that is that Garret is a terrible head coach and Romo is useless after Thanksgiving Day year after year.

Now, having said that, Dez is young and really doesn't have the resume and credentials to say or do much so he will always be looked at as a diva, whiner or whatever. As has also been said, he's just a WR, not the QB of what has been a very successful franchise.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is a great QB. Brady would be a greater QB, if he didn't occasionally act like an entitled punk.

Montana > Brady