• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

don't let the roiders win 3 in a row

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen had given up a home run to the batter on pitch 105~107 three out six times this year. So naturally, Buck the Genius lets him pitch to Granderson, who only hit 84 HRs the last two years. Naturally, Chen gives up the homer to Granderson, and the Orioles lose by one run.

Now, it's 4 out of 7 times on pitch 105~107 for Chen. But don't worry, Buck will continue to let Chen pitch the 7th inning, and Wilson Betemit(.000 OPS) will continue to start vs righties instead of Valencia(1.011 OPS), and Tommy Hunter(.906 OPS) and O'day(.945 OPS) will continue to be allowed to serve up game-winning homers to lefties, and Jim Johnson will continue to be allowed to lose games till he hits double digit losses.

i'm tired of chen and hammel they shouldn't get another start . this year is over give others a chance . chen was terrible in sept last year as well . anyone seen joes over 7 era after the all star game ?

Speaking of Chen... the discrepancy between his first-half and second-half performance also eludes me. From the standpoint of full-season stats, he looks like a #3-- but "#2 in the first half / #5 in the second half" might be more accurate. In 2012, the late-season regression could be partly explained by the fact that he was still adapting to the MLB schedule; for this year, you have to wonder if he didn't completely recover from the oblique strain...

Regardless, I agree that Buck Showalter needs to know his pitchers' weaknesses and avoid them. (I've already mentioned multiple times that a 6-inning or even 5-inning pitch count might be necessary based on the inning-by-inning splits. And since it's September... by all means, burn the bullpen. Sure, you can argue that our bullpen is just as bad... but again, it's the manager's job to minimize his players' weaknesses and maximize their strengths through L/R match-ups, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not enough emotion in alot of them, it always looks like they're thinking "damn, we'll get em' next time though". They're running out of next times.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not enough emotion in alot of them, it always looks like they're thinking "damn, we'll get em' next time though". They're running out of next times.
that goes back to the manager :agree: