• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins to Start Tua Going Forward

Does this Change the AFC East Race in Your Mind?

• Yes, the Dolphins can Contend for the East

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No, they're still the Dolphins

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Potato Salad at a Miami Nightclub

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I have to agree that Miami did him dirty. He was handed the job and it is implied that he gets the keys until the playoffs are no longer possible or likely.

And here he is taking what is still a bad team and putting them at a 500 record and right in contention for a playoff run. And they pull him anyway.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have to agree that Miami did him dirty. He was handed the job and it is implied that he gets the keys until the playoffs are no longer possible or likely.

And here he is taking what is still a bad team and putting them at a 500 record and right in contention for a playoff run. And they pull him anyway.

He carried them for sure. Should have let him "fail" then put Tua in. If Fitz was doing terribly then put Tua in

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure why they are deciding now. Yeah Fitzy is inconsistent but he is also way more experienced. Why not give Tua a full season? Either way they have a pretty tough schedule outside of the AFCE. Rams, Cards, Pats, Chiefs, Raiders. Even with Fitz they are an 8-8 team...with Tua, we will see.

And, they are coming off 2 consecutive convincing wins.

Really bad timing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow and herbert are both throwing less than 1 int per game and they were thrown into the fire right out of college.

In today's NFL, int's should be rare, not expected and fitz has a problem with them.

Unless tua is completely incapable of reading defenses or being accurate, this is an upgrade for them.

Completely incapable?

Not going to go that far.

Less capable of reading defenses than Burrow and Herbert?

Yes. I will bet on that all day long.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely incapable?

Not going to go that far.

Less capable of reading defenses than Burrow and Herbert?

Yes. I will bet on that all day long.

What do you base that on? You haven't even seen tua start an NFL game. Are you an NFL personnel expert?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sure he thought he had a chance to lead them to the playoffs. That’s rough, he isn’t getting any younger might be his last opportunity

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is on pace for a:
4100 yards, 26 TD, 19 INT season.

Yes too many INT's. But Fitz is a no risk it, no biscuit QB.

The rookie record for a QB is something to the effect of 3800 yards 27 TD's (at least until Burrow's breaks the yard mark this season).

So Tua would have to play really well for a rookie to be considered an upgrade. Especially when you consider that you almost expect a rookie to throw about 1 INT a game (roughly same pace as Fitz).

Fitz has a pretty crappy offense at least performing at roughly league average right now. I would be pretty miffed today if I were him.

Burrow's on pace to go over 3,800 yards, but Herbert is on pace to finish with more passing yards than Burrow even though Herbert will likely finish this season with one less game than Burrow.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. The Phins are playing well the Bill lost two straight the Pats are falling off a cliff, Fitz and the Phins ( sounds like and 80s soft rock group) are playing really well. I just have to question this, no this is not the time let him sit until Fitz falters
I agree with this. BB eats rookie QBs for breakfast, and the Beard always gives the Pats fits. No pun. They still play the Pats once and next game could have seeding implications.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you base that on? You haven't even seen tua start an NFL game. Are you an NFL personnel expert?

No, but I have my reasons that I choose not to reveal.

And like I said, I am willing to bet I am right.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread is worth a bump. Brian Flores went out on a huge limb here and this thing could have blown up in his face but as of right now, it looks like the right move. Tua was pretty meh in his first start but he looked really good yesterday. I think it's very likely Fitzpatrick throws a pick or two and Miami loses that game with him in. I like the guy but Tua really looks like the real deal and that Miami team can't be taken lightly.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread is worth a bump. Brian Flores went out on a huge limb here and this thing could have blown up in his face but as of right now, it looks like the right move. Tua was pretty meh in his first start but he looked really good yesterday. I think it's very likely Fitzpatrick throws a pick or two and Miami loses that game with him in. I like the guy but Tua really looks like the real deal and that Miami team can't be taken lightly.

And his brother looks good for Maryland beating 2 teams they were huge dogs in, trouncing Penn St on the road Saturday

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That game yesterday was great. A slobberknocker.

Those 2 kids, plus Hebert in the other afternoon game give lots of hope for the future.