• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins head coach

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 49ers get two 3rd round picks for a minority becoming a head coach.... :L

Lucky 9ers. No surprise the Dolphins hired another inept coach. Not only did McDaniel not call plays, he failed to do anything with Jimmy Garporlrorlrol. A+ let go by the Niners (and they get picks), F- acquire by the typical inept Phins.

Tua is probably BEGGING for a trade at this point. Maybe Seattle can acquire him and fleece the Phins for 5 1st rounders. As stupid as that org is would not be surprised if they gave it up.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intersting HC choice. McDaniel didn't call plays in SF, but the same was true of a lot other OC-to-HC hires (and is true of Bienemy). It helps the Phins that he's an offensive-minded coach b/c that is their worst side of the ball, and in terms of public perception, it helps that he's a minority HC replacing the recently fired minority HC who accused the Dolphins and every other team of racism.

Mike's first priorities in Miami have to be fixing that atrocious OLine and determining whether Tua is the guy or not. I don't see the FO hiring McDaniel unless he agreed to keep Tua for at lest a year to see if he's gonna work in this system.

Be interesting to see if McDaniel brings in any of the Niners' offesive Free Agents. Would they overpay a bit for LG Tomlinson (who would be a significant upgrade on their OL), or take a flyer on the oft-injured Mostert at RB?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Lucky 9ers. No surprise the Dolphins hired another inept coach. Not only did McDaniel not call plays, he failed to do anything with Jimmy Garporlrorlrol. A+ let go by the Niners (and they get picks), F- acquire by the typical inept Phins.

Tua is probably BEGGING for a trade at this point. Maybe Seattle can acquire him and fleece the Phins for 5 1st rounders. As stupid as that org is would not be surprised if they gave it up.
And they just got picks from the Saleh (Head Coach) and Mayhew (Front Office) hirings and Ryans looks like a prime future head coaching candidate so it might not be long before they get more picks from that.

As much as the draft trade of Lance seemed like a high price on paper thanks to all the minority hires for the 9ers they stand to have 4 day 2 picks in the upcoming draft. They'll most likely end up with 5 day 2 picks because Jimmy G probably fetches a day 2 pick of some kind.

Now when it comes to McDaniel I do think he's smart when it comes to offense but I just don't know if he has the personality to be a head coach. If you've ever seen his press conferences he just doesn't strike me as a guy that's really going to motivate and inspire a team. That's not a knock on him because some guys have that personality and some guys don't and maybe behind the scenes his bit of oddball nature does work so we'll wait and see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which minority is McDaniel part of? Yale grads in the NFL?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And getting on the merry-go-round
If I'm an assistant at any line of work, taking orders and could be the boss and make 10x my salary, even 2, 3, 4,5 and know it's for 3 years, sign me up. Having a HC in the NFL on your resume doesn't happen everyday, hell their are guys like Tom Moore, who has been a coordinator for 100 years

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm an assistant at any line of work, taking orders and could be the boss and make 10x my salary, even 2, 3, 4,5 and know it's for 3 years, sign me up. Having a HC in the NFL on your resume doesn't happen everyday, hell their are guys like Tom Moore, who has been a coordinator for 100 years
Lane Kiffin.

/EOT

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could get 10x my current salary for the next 2 years each, I would likely retire at the end of those 2 years.

And I am a relatively young guy (less than 50).

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could get 10x my current salary for the next 2 years each, I would likely retire at the end of those 2 years.

And I am a relatively young guy (less than 50).
That's the point I'm making at any age. If you can grab say 2 mill a year for 3 years, anybody should be on easy street. Unless you're dating the Kardashians or live like Trump

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin.

/EOT
Everybody in college and NFL knows who this turd is and his dad. How many people have ever heard of Mike McDaniel?? Now he becomes a NFL HC and is a household name for NFL fans

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody in college and NFL knows who this turd is and his dad. How many people have ever heard of Mike McDaniel?? Now he becomes a NFL HC and is a household name for NFL fans
He got his first HC gig with the tRaiders. He has had HC gig after HC gig since, and stunk up the joint at every stop (and often tossed grenades as he left the building).

Complete waste of space.