• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this mean the Giants are done?

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they lost to the Cowboys yesterday and are now 4-7, are they now officially out of the playoffs? Their 4 game winning streak is over. So, my question is, is it Eli's fault? I ask this because when the Cowboys lose the blame goes to Romo, The Flacons are losing and Ryan is blamed, Texans losing Schaab is blamed an the same with the Redskins and RG3. Should Eli be blamed or is he simply the teflon QB?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame the QB when its clearly not his fault. I'll never understand that. And no, the Giants are not done. They've been there and done that. Toughest games left are @ SD and a home game against the Seahawks. They also play the Skins twice and @ the Lions. Its a tall order, but they could find a way to win out and sneak in the playoffs. Who knows. Crazier things have happened.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're done. Run the table and go 9-7. They've been swept by the Cowboys so they aren't taking the division and 9-7 will not get a wild card berth in the NFC.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWQ-mvXCQAAxeF_crop_north.jpg

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to the eagles now.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty much. Yesterday was basically a must win for them, and they didn't do it. They backed themselves into a tough situation early in the year.

Is Tom Coughlin done?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're done. Run the table and go 9-7. They've been swept by the Cowboys so they aren't taking the division and 9-7 will not get a wild card berth in the NFC.

^^This

The NFC final wild card will need at least 10, possibly 11 wins

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done.

They're just not that good this year, and no amount of trash talk was going to change that for them.

As for who's fault it is, it's been a team effort, but you're point is on the money. If this was happening to a veteran QB without a ring, he'd be on the hot seat. With Eli, we're supposed to ignore all the turnovers, the years the Giants don't make the playoffs, and the years they're one and done. I mean, he got dem ringz, doo! Most fans eat that ignorant national narrative up though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done.

They're just not that good this year, and no amount of trash talk was going to change that for them.

As for who's fault it is, it's been a team effort, but you're point is on the money. If this was happening to a veteran QB without a ring, he'd be on the hot seat. With Eli, we're supposed to ignore all the turnovers, the years the Giants don't make the playoffs, and the years they're one and done. I mean, he got dem ringz, doo! Most fans eat that ignorant national narrative up though.

This is one of those the quarterback gets way too much credit in the wins (Such as those who say Eli is better than Peyton because he has won an extra Super Bowl) and probably too much blame in the losses. Now I do agree Eli is having a horrific year this year and if it wasn't for the two Super Bowls he probably would be looking to get replaced but at the same time teams seem to stick with quarterbacks longer than any other position or at least depending on the coach. A great example is the 2nd quarterback taken in Eli's draft class in Philip Rivers. He had a really bad two year stretch but the team has stuck with him and probably will till he retires unless he pulls a Brett Favre.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,393.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only chance the Giants have is to run the table the rest of the way. and no it is not Eli's fault. they need to get a better o line for him. he has had no time to pass this year

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picture proof that Peyton got all of the brains and left none for Eli. The Giants need to win out and hope for help but it could happen. The bottom line is that the team that wins the NFC East will be the only team in the playoffs..again ,since 2010 if I remember correctly.