• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

does james harrison get fined, suspended or both today?

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that ass GOODELL suspends him,Down the road I can see a group of former players suing the NFL over all these fines GOODELL is handing out,no one man should have absolute power

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that ghost ..godell is trying to turn the nfl into arena football .. no hits no running and all passing ..that = boreing..

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much interest in this

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring it back this afternoon

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that ass GOODELL suspends him,Down the road I can see a group of former players suing the NFL over all these fines GOODELL is handing out,no one man should have absolute power

agreed :L

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, he almost had to after giving him all of those fines to back up his threats of suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if he appeals and it gets reduced to a hefty fine though.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted this on our main BS thread, but...

According to the story on Yardbarker, Harrison plans to appeal, but cannot even be in the Steelers' facilities until 12/20. WTF ? ? ?

If an appeal doesn't stay the suspension, what's the point?

Sounds like James needs to sue Good-dull and the league, IN PITTSBURGH, before the week is out. His lawyers can surely find a local judge to issue a temporary injunction, on an emergency basis. James could always drop the suit on Tuesday, if he's so inclined.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sue goodell I have never liked him

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he has to be fined just to stay fair to everybody else who has been fined for roughing passers this season, which doesn't mean I actually agree with being fined for this or any of the hits. Goodell has to be consistent. I like seeing people being demolished in any sport but if the players and league are going to set rules to save their asses from head injuries and law suits from players with degenerative brain diseases then the players (to the dismay of many fans and players) will have no choice but to abide by those rules.

And I totally agree with Goodell not being able to by judge jury and executioner. There should be a (rotating perhaps) panel consisted of a player, a coach, a doctor, and Goodell. No reason one guy should be able to just make up fines and suspensions how he sees fit.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I dont really see this as being too much of a problem .. harrison was out for 4 games while he was injured .. the players on the D stepped up and everything was fine and we beat some good teams in his absence.. we have very good depth on defence.. i just dont agree with the suspention

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what coach T had to say about harrison

"We're disappointed," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said of Harrison's suspension. "We're disappointed for James because we know how hard he's worked to play within the rules."

But "he has to be accountable for that so we accept the judgment rendered by the league office."

Tomlin continued: "He can't participate in any football activities with us this week. He'll be allowed in the building next Tuesday. There is an appeals process ... If he's going to do it I imagine it will transpire pretty quickly."

Tomlin said the Steelers "have to prepare as if he's not going to play."