• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does D.Wilson have a plan?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all like to play the "if I were Doug" game, and put together a team we think is best. But. Do u really think Doug has a plan for this team? I'm wondering what could Doug really get in a trade. Will the trade be equal value?

Will a trade even help........"that's what worries me most"

Ohwell, glad I can play "if I were Doug" game on this message board, and not have to be in the real Doug Wilson's shoes.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can do is use my rage to destroy teams and win the sharks the cup

in nhl 11 :L

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I know. I've won the Cup for the Sharks every year since NHL96....... and it looks like I'm keeping the streak going

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all like to play the "if I were Doug" game, and put together a team we think is best. But. Do u really think Doug has a plan for this team? I'm wondering what could Doug really get in a trade. Will the trade be equal value?

Ohwell, glad I can play "if I were Doug" game on this message board, and not have to be in the real Doug Wilson's shoes.

Based on Wallin's backskating ability and Heatley's willingness to backcheck, Wilson's plan is to spend as much of his time as possible in church.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The right trade could help but just one move won't be enough to get them into cup contention. One move won't even be enough to let them repete the run they had last year. Right now this team is a top 2 dman, top 4 dman, and 2/3 of a 3rd line short being a legit threat to win.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The right trade could help but just one move won't be enough to get them into cup contention. One move won't even be enough to let them repete the run they had last year. Right now this team is a top 2 dman, top 4 dman, and 2/3 of a 3rd line short being a legit threat to win.

I disagree, i think if Dswindle could land a Dman who could make the long pass out of his own end and bring moderate offense from the back end, and also take time away from Boyle. It would be huge.

I think the pick ups of WellFed and Eager is going to really settle the forward lines down. It allows Tmac to play 3 to 4 lines a night.

Would it kill them to land 2 Dmen, no. But its not neccasary either, i think they would be fine landing a good #2 dman.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree, i think if Dswindle could land a Dman who could make the long pass out of his own end and bring moderate offense from the back end, and also take time away from Boyle. It would be huge.

I think the pick ups of WellFed and Eager is going to really settle the forward lines down. It allows Tmac to play 3 to 4 lines a night.

Would it kill them to land 2 Dmen, no. But its not neccasary either, i think they would be fine landing a good #2 dman.

They still would need another legit top 4 dman. Murray, Demers, Vlasic aren't cutting it in that role and they need to get both Huskins and Wallin out of the line-up altogether.

Eager is a 4th liner and with him, Mayers, and Nichol the Sharks now have a very good 4th line. TMac needs to get something offensively from that 3rd line if the team is going to be successful and a combo of anyone + Wellwood and Ferriero/McGinn/Mitchell/Prospect isn't going to cut it.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're probably not too far off Korky in a vacuum type of situation. However, acquiring that #2 defenseman will probably involve opening up a hole somewhere else in the lineup. Also, the Sharks don't have the cap room to acquire an aging #2 defenseman that might come cheaper.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They still would need another legit top 4 dman. Murray, Demers, Vlasic aren't cutting it in that role and they need to get both Huskins and Wallin out of the line-up altogether.

Eager is a 4th liner and with him, Mayers, and Nichol the Sharks now have a very good 4th line. TMac needs to get something offensively from that 3rd line if the team is going to be successful and a combo of anyone + Wellwood and Ferriero/McGinn/Mitchell/Prospect isn't going to cut it.

I think Murray and Boyle are fine togther honestly, i think whats hurting is having a d partner that Vlasic doesnt have to baby sit. If anyone thing has stunted his development its been the fact that Vlasic has had to baby sit every player he has been paired with the last 3 years on the defensive side of the puck.

I really think that would improvre his play and allow the top 2 pair to eat up more minutes, while taking some off of boyle. I think Walin hasnt been as horrendous as we've made him out to be out side of his contract. If he and Demers were paired as the 3rd and got about 10-12inutes a night, i think iy would be fine.

Mitchell is on the LTIR so i dont count him lol. McGinn i've said since last season he is a waste of a roster spot, if the sharks are lucky he will be as good as Nichol when he tops out.

3rd line is a bit of a enigma, depending on who is on it, so yeah maybe another forward is needed lol

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing that can happen is if management applies pressure on Doug to contend for the Cup this season. I side with the notion that this team needs more than one addition to seriously contend. I mean seriously contend. If Doug feels the pressure to win it all this year, he may make a series of win-now type moves that won't add up. Like filo alluded to, filling one hole but creating another, for example, Seto + Vlasic for an upgraded top 4 dman. Doug messed up this past offseason and it really is too late to fix this roster now unless an excellent 2 or 3 deals fall into his lap, which I do not see happening.

Doug needs to wait this season out and make some shrewd moves in the off season. This season should be used to gauge who belongs on this team long term and who is part of the problem.