• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does criticism make you less of a fan?

Does criticism make you less of a fan?

• Yes, doesn't show much support when you criticize.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it shows you care about your team.

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm listening to a radio show and a NY Giants fan calls up and was criticizing the team for how they were playing. One of the guys on the show who was also a Giants fan said the caller wasn't a real fan because he
s supposed to be a fanatic at all times and ride with his team.

Now I definitely agree you should always ride with your team no matter what, but I don't see how criticizing your team makes you less of a fan. I sure as hell criticize, but I still support them.

In your opinion, does criticizing your team make someone less of a fan?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think terms like 'real fan' or 'true fan' should be thrown in the trash. I'm sick of idiots trying to define fandom for everyone. - It's pointless and fucking stupid.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing worse than blind homers imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What show was this? I live in ny and always listen to sports talk radio.....would love to know which clown said this

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its nonsense. Only time I would question a fans loyalty is if they are negative 100 percent of the time even when the team wins superbowls. We had a few of them back in the day. One guy hated Weis so much he was complaining about play calling all through a 34-4 run with two SBs.

But in most situation criticizing is part of being a fan. Being blind to all fault just makes you a homer.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no hell no.
The radio guy is just wrong.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our culture of worshiping athletes and teams BLAHAHA. dont get me wrong, not saying its terrible to root or pull for a team but the BRAmance stuff is silly. like seeing a man over thirty wearing some twenty something year old player's jersey like a little kid. REALLY?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think terms like 'real fan' or 'true fan' should be thrown in the trash. I'm sick of idiots trying to define fandom for everyone. - It's pointless and fucking stupid.

:nod:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What show was this? I live in ny and always listen to sports talk radio.....would love to know which clown said this

It was an urban media show, not exactly just sports talk. But they were talking about the games this past Sunday for a brief min and when dude said that I disagreed completely with that statement.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm listening to a radio show and a NY Giants fan calls up and was criticizing the team for how they were playing. One of the guys on the show who was also a Giants fan said the caller wasn't a real fan because he

Now I definitely agree you should always ride with your team no matter what, but I don't see how criticizing your team makes you less of a fan. I sure as hell criticize, but I still support them.

In your opinion, does criticizing your team make someone less of a fan?

No.

If you are true fan, you call out the crap and BS and non-performers, be they players, coaches or owners.

Please put a poll on this thread.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In your opinion, does criticizing your team make someone less of a fan?[/QUOTE

If they still buy the tickets, even when they stink, they earned the right to say what they want to say.....
untitledbungalizedheadbag.jpg

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want to get super literal about it, the word "fan" originally being derived from the word "fanatic", then yeah, being critical of a team would indeed make you " not a true fan". That said, in practical terms, being critical is a perfectly natural part of being a fan. People who say things like "a true/real fan is never critical of their team" are just over the top with it and sound like they're stuck in elementary school.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

If you are true fan, you call out the crap and BS and non-performers, be they players, coaches or owners.

Please put a poll on this thread.

That's what I forgot to do. I don't see the option to edit the post and add one unfortunately.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not.

Now, the people who @ athletes with all kinds of venom on twitter because they dropped a pass or missed a tackle... Different story.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...an objective fan sees the whole picture...the good and the bad.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great question and one that I have argued time and time again. I am in the "No, it means you care about your team" camp. There have been countless times I have been so upset and disappointed in my Packers play because they are so extremely inconsistent, and make very stupid penalties at times and play well below their abilities. As a fan I am frustrated and I get upset and voice my opinions. I constantly get attacked by "fans" saying "you aren't a real fan, you are supposed to stick by your team through thick and thin and criticizing them shows that you aren't a real fan". To which I have always argued, I think it makes me MORE of a fan that I care enough about my team that I see their faults and it disappoints me so much because I want them to be successful and by the way, I have every damn right as a fan to be upset when they play like crap and play like they don't even care and are completely inconsistent.

I HATE the "fans" that tell other fans they are not true fans or should be ashamed of themselves for criticizing their team. Fucking idiots.