• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anybody believe anything ...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that comes out of an athlete's mouth these days?

:bullshit: :doh: :noidea: :gaah: :blah::blah::blah:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know ... athletes are just like anyone else. 50% are reprobates, 45% will get away with whatever they can get away with and 5% are those who think truth and honesty really matter.

and btw ... this has always been true. athletes aren't any worse than they ever were really ... they're just a whole lot richer.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know ... athletes are just like anyone else. 50% are reprobates, 45% will get away with whatever they can get away with and 5% are those who think truth and honesty really matter.

and btw ... this has always been true. athletes aren't any worse than they ever were really ... they're just a whole lot richer.

I'm confused. So basically you are saying that truth and honesty really do not matter anymore?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iddy ... I totally know what you're saying. And I do believe we have debated this before ... you have your viewpoints on the matter ... I have mine. But ... I think we're both pretty much sick of it.

I highly doubt this crap was around when we were growing up in the 50's & 60s. Do/have athletes always looked to get an edge on the other athlete ... sure. But these drugs have simply GOT TO GO. It's ruining every sport ... at every level. I'm glad baseball has taken the lead on it, but I just don't know how/who can combat all the chemists/manufacturing companies that always seem to be 3 steps ahead of the testers ... can you?

Should they just be allowed with restrctions and monitoring these days? I dunno ... would hate to see it go that way.

I just think it's a damn shame that modern athletics has come to this type of crap. Blame it on the East Germans and the old USSR????

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. there IS the point of view that everything should be legalized. then there'd be no crime!

perhaps they should allow a player to do whatever he wanted to his own body. let em all go wild with ped's! who cares if they kill themselves? the only thing i'd suggest then would be .... the record system ends and a new one is started. the champion all time home run hitter is hank aaron. the season home run champion is roger maris. -OR- the greatest all time home run king (hr's per ab) is babe ruth. any records from 1990 on are null and void.

the ped champs would be recognized separately. they could be elected to the hall of maim. baseball as we knew it is ovah!