• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Dodgers versus Cardinals. Seager > Wacha. No blackout or Vin Scully on Sunday

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day late, but that allows me to add that Stripling is better than Wacha, too.

For those that don't remember, Corey Seager was taken one draft pick ahead of Michael Wacha. Some people thought the Dodgers were foolish for that.

Friday - Dodgers won the college roommate face-off. Wacha owes Stripling dinner. Stripling said he was gonna order lobster.
Saturday 6:10pm SNLA - Scott Kazmir versus Carlos Martinez in the one where Scotty avoid throwing meatballs.
Sunday 5:05pm ESPN - Alex Wood versus Mike Leake. I hope Matt Holliday doesn't hit one 500ft off the palm tree again.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a pretty game but Stripling got his first win of his Major League career. Congrats to the young man. Hope he didn't celebrate too much because he still needs to work on getting his walks down and try not to fall behind in the count so often.

Kazmir was absolutely excellent tonight, falling 1 out short of a complete game. He was painting the corners effectively all night long and avoided missing out over the plate, instead when he was missing he was either missing high or low. He was also consistently getting ahead of batters. It was his best game of the season, it's just too bad he got caught on his 120th pitch, especially since he had just missed fielding a grounder up the middle that could have ended the game in the previous at bat.

The offense seems to be waking up from it's slumber. The player of the game for me tonight was Corey Seager, the highlight of the night was his at bat against Carlos Martinez with the bases loaded in a tied ballgame where he battled and fouled off multiple 100 mph fastballs to eventually line one over the head of the first baseman to score 2. He must have felt a sense of redemption after his error earlier in the game that would eventually cost the Dodgers an unearned run and tie up the game.

PS How friggin bad has the Cardinals defense looked in this series? Absolutely atrocious so far.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are finally looking better..... Kazmir looked awesome. Good sign.

We need a real good stretch right now to make up for such a mediocre start. It's all on the offense to start hitting.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the Cardinals is quite nice.... To add to a couple of thoughts, I thought there have been some great approaches at the plate this series. Perhaps Utley's professional at bats are rubbing off on the team.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS How friggin bad has the Cardinals defense looked in this series? Absolutely atrocious so far.
Except effin Grickuck robbing Howie of that leadoff homer. I wanted Howie to get that so badly. Poor guy has been busting the seams off the ball lately and can't seem to catch a break.