• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers To Sign Justin Turner

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:15pm: Turner will earn $1MM if he makes the MLB roster, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
2:47pm: The Dodgers have agreed to sign infielder Justin Turner, reports MLBTR's Tim Dierkes (via Twitter). Turner, 29, is a Legacy client. He gets a minor league deal with a Spring Training invite, tweets Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Most of Turner's big league time has been spent with the Mets, who non-tendered him this year. Since receiving 487 plate appearances and slashing .260/.334/.356 in 2011, Turner has seen less regular action. In 214 plate appearances last year, he put up a .280/.319/.385 triple-slash -- good for a precisely league-average 100 OPS+.
Turner's versatility gives him a chance to crack the MLB roster as a utility infielder. Alternatively, Turner could battle for more regular time at second if Alexander Guerrero stumbles. The right-handed swinging Turner will presumably compete with lefty Dee Gordon, veteran switch-hitter Chone Figgins, and a pair of fellow righties in Justin Sellers and Brendan Harris. Though defensive metrics have not liked Turner's work at second, he grades out as roughly average on the left side of the infield, where he has spent most of his time over the last two seasons.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Good clubhouse guy if he makes the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Ned. Still dumpster diving.

We are going to have the worst bench in MLB. It's a good thing we have a lineup and pitching.
Our best PH will be our 4th OF followed by Grainkey and Kershaw.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you're complaining the option were slim, this is a solid pickup, look for him to make the team.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Turner probably will make the team. He's not a great player, by any means, but he can cover some infield positions and get some hits. The Dodgers bench didn't get that many pinch hits last season, if I recall correctly, but with Ethier, or another OFer on the bench, and Van Slyke, and whoever else makes the cut, it seems like the Bench will have a little more to offer. I think Turner will be okay and it will probably be a one season thing. Who knows, maybe he put together a nice season and we will hope he comes back.

I'd love to see Chone Figgins turn things around. What a great guy off the Bench he could be. I question his fight, spirit and determination, however. I'm not convinced this guy will be a team player, but we will see.

The Dodgers certainly have question marks here and there, but so do 29 other teams.

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Chone Figgins turn things around. What a great guy off the Bench he could be. I question his fight, spirit and determination, however. I'm not convinced this guy will be a team player, but we will see.

I don't really care for the Justin signing, but Figgy. Man, I hope he makes a fabulous come back. Mr. do it all and he could be the emergency catcher. IMO he is a consummate team player - he can do anything his manager asks him to. Because anyone trying to make the club on a min contract has no choice but be a team player. my only concern is ability to still hit. That part of his game eroded a while ago.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Ned. Still dumpster diving.

We are going to have the worst bench in MLB. It's a good thing we have a lineup and pitching.
Our best PH will be our 4th OF followed by Grainkey and Kershaw.

Scott Van Slyke should be a good pinch hitter. Mike Baxter has seen most of his success as a pinch hitter.

I'm not sure who you were hoping for.