• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers president says Don Mattingley will return next season

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,358.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers will bring back manager Don Mattingly for at least one more season, team president Stan Kasten confirmed Wednesday evening.

"Of course," Kasten said. "I never had any thought he would renege on his contract. It was never a question for me."

Kasten wouldn't elaborate beyond that, honoring a Major League Baseball policy that teams not make major announcements during the World Series, but sources with knowledge of the situation said the Dodgers intend to begin dialogue with Mattingly on a new contract in the next few days.

Source: ESPN LA

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers will bring back manager Don Mattingly for at least one more season, team president Stan Kasten confirmed Wednesday evening.

"Of course," Kasten said. "I never had any thought he would renege on his contract. It was never a question for me."

Kasten wouldn't elaborate beyond that, honoring a Major League Baseball policy that teams not make major announcements during the World Series, but sources with knowledge of the situation said the Dodgers intend to begin dialogue with Mattingly on a new contract in the next few days.

Source: ESPN LA

:L

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just quit already!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most uncomfortable press conference I have ever seen. The guys were about 12 feet apart, making them look like they are miles apart on working together, short or long term.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got anything more in-depth to add than that?
Just quit already!

I wouldn't blame him. I'm sure he'd find another managerial job.

Probably the most uncomfortable press conference I have ever seen. The guys were about 12 feet apart, making them look like they are miles apart on working together, short or long term.

Yeah. It was ballsy as hell from Mattingly, and I don't really think it was necessary. He could just as easily have had that pout-fest in Kasten's office. That said, I think he was making valid points, but it's borderline suicidal to throw a fit like that on TV. I'm pretty amazed that he got away with it, actually.

I trust Kasten.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got anything more in-depth to add than that?

Nope not too an idiot like you unless you 1st check yourself in to the nut house, then maybe i will allow you the great honor to even speak to me.

From the looks of it even Sf Giant fan's think you're bi-polar :crazy: you need help. If you cant get help just take a cyanide pill & drop dead already, (make it quick hurry )

In the meantime I don't want to know you. Get your life together buddy.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I didn't think so.

And yeah, of course the SFG guys get bugged by me. I don't care what team you like, if I disagree with you, I'll be sure to let you know.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I didn't think so.

And yeah, of course the SFG guys get bugged by me. I don't care what team you like, if I disagree with you, I'll be sure to let you know.

Listen to yourself "I don't care what team you like, if I disagree with you, I'll be sure to let you know." what a cry baby you are " have i strucken a nerve ?? dont pop a blood vessel sweety. I could careless what you care, you think your little words mean something to me. Oh God :lol: keep making me laugh you are so funny :laugh3: I'm gonna have so much fun owning you.

Get it through your head i don't want to be your friend stupid your begging for my attention arent' you ?? :laugh3:

What is so sad is that your the only dummy in here that believes you're not a troll. Everybody see's you as a troll in here your (popular) now. Congratulations!

Thanks for the entertainment Villain you should seriously think about joining Barnem & Bailey since your looking for a better job :laugh3::laugh3: (LOSER)

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty long rant that has nothing to do with Don Mattingly.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still nothing?

I don't see how someone could post so often on a forum dedicated to their favorite team and know so little about the game.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still nothing?

I don't see how someone could post so often on a forum dedicated to their favorite team and know so little about the game.

This is coming from the guy who calls Belasario Mr. Consistent :laugh3: every Dodger fan thought you where crazy believing this :crazy:

Keep it coming i love how you make me laugh everyday :lol::lol:

And i'm sorry if your not getting my opinion directly to you on this thread on the Mattingly issue ,but if you read very well what i said here earlier to you let me repeated " not too an idiot like you unless you 1st check yourself in to the nut house, then maybe i will allow you the great honor to even speak to me "

Once you accomplish this then i might let you actually have a sports conversation with me until then ( I dont want to know you ) or did you forget ? in the meantime i will only conversate with real fellow Dodger fans. Wich for me doesn't include you. Please on a serious note get your life together it's for your own good no shame in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario is pretty consistent, though.

Anyways, it's nice to see you don't have any critical thinking behind any of your thoughts (pretty evident since you'd rather attack me personally than make any kind of valid points to back up your Mattingly replacement plans).

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario is pretty consistent, though.

Anyways, it's nice to see you don't have any critical thinking behind any of your thoughts (pretty evident since you'd rather attack me personally than make any kind of valid points to back up your Mattingly replacement plans).

Back up plan ?? i never said anything about having a Mattingly replacement plan idiot. Don't put words in my mouth & just assume shit. You still don't get it i don't want to speak or explain anything to you. Get your shit together 1st & then i will give you my baseball opinions.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to step in your guys argument but I do disagree about Belisario. Belisario has been unconsistent the last two seasons and I honestly cannot say I trust him in a big game situation. He has nasty stuff and really should be better than he has been. I hope he gets it together but Belisario has stunk at some bad times for us.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario was a workhorse this past season and I think every pitcher has bad stretches, especially when you're amongst the league leaders in innings pitched for a reliever. When his sinker was working he was even capable of getting our other pitchers out of jams at times. I don't think he had a bad enough season to call him inconsistent.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up plan ?? i never said anything about having a Mattingly replacement plan idiot. Don't put words in my mouth & just assume shit. You still don't get it i don't want to speak or explain anything to you. Get your shit together 1st & then i will give you my baseball opinions.

Oh, so you want to have Mattingly fired but you don't have a backup plan?

I AM SHOCKED!!!! :lol:

I dont want to step in your guys argument but I do disagree about Belisario. Belisario has been unconsistent the last two seasons and I honestly cannot say I trust him in a big game situation. He has nasty stuff and really should be better than he has been. I hope he gets it together but Belisario has stunk at some bad times for us.

Yeah. Being consistent doesn't necessarily mean that he's good. I have elaborated on this in another thread. You can bump it if you want.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, guys like Tolleson, Elbert and Dominguez could have been useful in the playoffs but were injured. So in terms of the pen we have that to look forward to next year, I don't think these guys are bad players.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario was a workhorse this past season and I think every pitcher has bad stretches, especially when you're amongst the league leaders in innings pitched for a reliever. When his sinker was working he was even capable of getting our other pitchers out of jams at times. I don't think he had a bad enough season to call him inconsistent.

Maybe I am overexaggerating a little but any pressure situation with runners on it seemed like Belisario would stink it up. I want him to do well trust me, I just dont know if I have much faith in him.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so you want to have Mattingly fired but you don't have a backup plan?

I AM SHOCKED!!!! :lol:

Yeah. Being consistent doesn't necessarily mean that he's good. I have elaborated on this in another thread. You can bump it if you want.

Ok. I just personally am not confident in belisario but that is just my thoughts. I wonder what we will do as far as off season moves goes...