• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dobbs suffers undisclosed injury;seen on crutches with lower left leg heavily wrapped

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dan Brown:

DeMarcus Dobbs, poised to make the roster as a situational defensive lineman and third tight end, arrived in the locker room with an undisclosed injury. Dobbs was seen on crutches with his lower left leg heavily wrapped.

There was no official update on receiver/returner Ted Ginn, who was sporting an orthopedic boot around his right ankle. Ginn sustained the injury while running a reverse against the Broncos. Coach Jim Harbaugh said after the game that X-rays were negative.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Brown:

DeMarcus Dobbs, poised to make the roster as a situational defensive lineman and third tight end, arrived in the locker room with an undisclosed injury. Dobbs was seen on crutches with his lower left leg heavily wrapped.

There was no official update on receiver/returner Ted Ginn, who was sporting an orthopedic boot around his right ankle. Ginn sustained the injury while running a reverse against the Broncos. Coach Jim Harbaugh said after the game that X-rays were negative.

Seriously?!? A friggen orthopedic boot for Ginn because of THAT play!!??!! He got sneezed on for christsake!! Enough of his tin-man-injury-liability-ass! I'd cut/trade Ginn today!

As for Dobbs -Damn-it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously?!? A friggen orthopedic boot for Ginn because of THAT play!!??!! He got sneezed on for christsake!! Enough of his tin-man-injury-liability-ass! I'd cut Ginn today!

As for Dobbs -Damn-it!!

agree on Dobbs, no question. PUP and out first six games?

but the Ginn play did seem bad, his ankle got pulled under and caught under his twisting weight.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on Dobbs, no question. PUP and out first six games?

but the Ginn play did seem bad, his ankle got pulled under and caught under his twisting weight.

I'm not sure what strategy we'll invoke for Dobbs - he made the 46 last season and he seems even more valuable this year - So, depending on what is going on we could put him on the PUP or just inactivate him week to week.

As for Ginn, I only saw the play the one or two times and it didn't look very serious to me but you could be right. I just have zero patience for athletes who "seem" to milk their injuries and I'm sensing that Ginn is becoming that type of athlete.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seriously?!? A friggen orthopedic boot for Ginn because of THAT play!!??!! He got sneezed on for christsake!! Enough of his tin-man-injury-liability-ass! I'd cut/trade Ginn today!

As for Dobbs -Damn-it!!

Is that Ginn rant for real, or sarcastic? Aren't you one of Ginn's bigger fans?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Ginn rant for real, or sarcastic? Aren't you one of Ginn's bigger fans?

Not at all sarcastic. I love Ginn as a returner - and I like him as a WR, but if you can't stay healthy then what good are you? I see players getting hammered a helluva lot harder than what it looked like happened to Ginn yesterday and not winding up in an orthopedic boot for crying out loud.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dobbs still considered a defensive Linemen or just a tight end?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on expected time out. I dunno anything about Dobbs's injury, but if he's due back in a few weeks, I wouldn't change my roster.

If they put him the PUP list, he misses the first six right? Does the PUP list count towards the 53?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to clear up some comments in this thread - including my own. It just occured to me we had a similar conversation in another thread and as I recall we cannot put Dobbs on the Reserve PUP List.

There are two designations of PUP List which can be referred to in several ways.

There is the "Active PUP List", sometimes referred to as the Training Camp PUP or Pre-Season PUP

There is the "Reserve PUP" List, sometimes referred to as the Regular Season PUP or Inactive PUP List

There is also a "Non-Injury" designation for both the Active or Reserve PUP Lists, however that designation carries contractual implications which have no bearing on this discussion.

The Active (Training Camp) PUP List is used for players who report to camp and are Physically Unable to Perform. In order to be eligible for this designation a player cannot practice even a single down.

The Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List is only for those players who were on the Active (Training Camp) PUP list - So Dobbs is not eligible for the Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List

Also, players who are placed on the Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List do not count toward the 53 man roster.

So, our only options for Dobbs are the following:

Release
IR
Inactivate

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to clear up some comments in this thread - including my own. It just occured to me we had a similar conversation in another thread and as I recall we cannot put Dobbs on the Reserve PUP List.

There are two designations of PUP List which can be referred to in several ways.

There is the "Active PUP List", sometimes referred to as the Training Camp PUP or Pre-Season PUP

There is the "Reserve PUP" List, sometimes referred to as the Regular Season PUP or Inactive PUP List

There is also a "Non-Injury" designation for both the Active or Reserve PUP Lists, however that designation carries contractual implications which have no bearing on this discussion.

The Active (Training Camp) PUP List is used for players who report to camp and are Physically Unable to Perform. In order to be eligible for this designation a player cannot practice even a single down.

The Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List is only for those players who were on the Active (Training Camp) PUP list - So Dobbs is not eligible for the Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List

Also, players who are placed on the Reserve (Regular Season) PUP List do not count toward the 53 man roster.

So, our only options for Dobbs are the following:

Release
IR
Inactivate

Nice summary, rep when I can. Probably be inactivate, IMO.