• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doan almost a Flyer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: double digits = 10 posts about hockey in a row.. we only made it like 6

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked a new shiny player for the season like Doan, but whatevs.

And gotta agree with Awaz, not a fan of bangs. (At all) Frankly, I have never even found Taylor that hot, but I am willing to risk my mancard when I admit that all her songs seem to be jams. :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahhahahahaahh!! Hockey post still rule over JS posts anyday!!! wohoooo!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And gotta agree with Awaz, not a fan of bangs. (At all) Frankly, I have never even found Taylor that hot, but I am willing to risk my mancard when I admit that all her songs seem to be jams. :)

Maybe Laughton turns out to be doan but better that would be nice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

never getting back together took a little while to grow on me, but it has, and i love it now.

Modhnoiri

An mbeidh ár Lá Tar!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats lost in this is Homer's attempt at adding some serious strength.

Yes, he was...what....0-5 this off season but nobody can say the guy was sitting on his hands.

...and yes, I do realize in the end it all meant nothing, but I just thought his efforts should be pointed out.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definately didnt want to pay him the money he was asking for nor the years he was looking to get but i wanted him as a player who could put up points and do some dirty work in the corners plus i wanted to screw the rags and yes we could use a veteran presence on the team to replace jagr's experience.

Comparing Doan to Jagr is like comparing Hartnell to Messier IMO. All are good players but are in different classes. I don't think Doan could have kept up with the forwards we have now, he is good in the corners but so are G, Harts, Simmonds, Schenn & Vorachek. As far as veteran leadership goes we have Timonen, Briere, Harts, Talbot plus Coburn & G are starting to really step into leadership roles. I know the FA market was weak this past year but it isn't this upcoming year and I guess I'd rather have $ to spend then rather then being handcuffed by a big $ contract for an aging player whose on the decline

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats lost in this is Homer's attempt at adding some serious strength.

Yes, he was...what....0-5 this off season but nobody can say the guy was sitting on his hands.

...and yes, I do realize in the end it all meant nothing, but I just thought his efforts should be pointed out.

Homer has proven that he will tweak and rebuild to no end with this team.Some moves have not been favs of mine,like losing Bobs,Lupel,Versteeg,etc...and then bringing in Fedetenko?

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Doan to Jagr is like comparing Hartnell to Messier IMO. All are good players but are in different classes. I don't think Doan could have kept up with the forwards we have now, he is good in the corners but so are G, Harts, Simmonds, Schenn & Vorachek. As far as veteran leadership goes we have Timonen, Briere, Harts, Talbot plus Coburn & G are starting to really step into leadership roles. I know the FA market was weak this past year but it isn't this upcoming year and I guess I'd rather have $ to spend then rather then being handcuffed by a big $ contract for an aging player whose on the decline

Jagr at this stage of his carreer is certainly no Messier, by seasons end he was a joke even to be on the ice. I was only comparing them as far as leadership not as players and yes we do have some guys who are leaders but you can never have enough leadership on this team as we all know from when Lavi had to put a no drinking policy into effect. A big contract? i said i would take Doan if he would accept the 3 million Jagr was getting, now if they put the amnesty rule into effect and we get out from under a real big contract that we gave Bryz we 'd have plenty of money to spend anytime we need.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Homer has proven that he will tweak and rebuild to no end with this team.Some moves have not been favs of mine,like losing Bobs,Lupel,Versteeg,etc...and then bringing in Fedetenko?

I thought we shoul;dve kept Versteeg, i think our guys that we had that year didnt really want him on the team because of losing to chicago in the cup the year before but that team got blown up losing Carter richards and Pronger it wouldve been nice to have him out there if he didnt make to much money.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

the fedetenko move would be a good one i think.. i expected him to be talbot part II, except possibly even better defensively.. he's a shot blocking machine

and even if he doesn't do a damn thing, at least he wont help the rags beat the flyers 6 times again.. he's a freakin thorn in the flyers side when he's not on the team

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fedetenko move would be a good one i think.. i expected him to be talbot part II, except possibly even better defensively.. he's a shot blocking machine

and even if he doesn't do a damn thing, at least he wont help the rags beat the flyers 6 times again.. he's a freakin thorn in the flyers side when he's not on the team

Ive watched him quite often the last few years he is just what he is a fouth line player sometimes you dont even know he's playing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched him quite often the last few years he is just what he is a fouth line player sometimes you dont even know he's playing.

he's very solid defensively.. if this team ever takes the ice, the flyers are going to be very sound defensively i think.. they're going to have 2 lines that could shut down anyone in the league i think

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's very solid defensively.. if this team ever takes the ice, the flyers are going to be very sound defensively i think.. they're going to have 2 lines that could shut down anyone in the league i think

We know we have to be solid defensively because we've already seen how Bryz plays without a very good defensive team in front of him. Hopefully the mediator works and were playing hockey and bryz benefits from a better defensive style in front of him

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they brought in a guy like Feds because they have more than enough scoring once in a while you have to clamp down and hold a lead which has been a weekness in the past. He's exactly what the doctor ordered Awaz is right Talbot II. They just need to find a stud dman at the deadline and they'll be ready to roll in the playoffs. That's if my Jan prediction holds true and its looking good so far although I'm pissed because of it!!!!!!!! Fucking morons arguing over billions.......