• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doan almost a Flyer

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone know this? Apparently prior to the lockout, Doan and his agent were very close to signing with the Flyers. In fact they had his name and jersey number ready. I'm glad he resigned in Phoenix. Interesting column under Sarah Baicker today on CSN Philly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone know this? Apparently prior to the lockout, Doan and his agent were very close to signing with the Flyers. In fact they had his name and jersey number ready. I'm glad he resigned in Phoenix. Interesting column under Sarah Baicker today on CSN Philly.

Damn i wanted him as another way to stick it to the rags

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he was willing to come here for $2m a yr for 2 yrs max I'm so glad it didn't happen. Buff offered him 4yrs at $7m per. That's ludicrous for a guy with like 230pt over the past 320 games(past 4 yrs), his totals have also been declining over that span sizable each yr. He's a great veteran presence, but honestly I don't think we need that now. We NEED a goal scoring RW to play with G or a stud D-man not an aging W that's lost a step and looks to have hands made of stone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he was willing to come here for $2m a yr for 2 yrs max I'm so glad it didn't happen. Buff offered him 4yrs at $7m per. That's ludicrous for a guy with like 230pt over the past 320 games(past 4 yrs), his totals have also been declining over that span sizable each yr. He's a great veteran presence, but honestly I don't think we need that now. We NEED a goal scoring RW to play with G or a stud D-man not an aging W that's lost a step and looks to have hands made of stone.

I definately didnt want to pay him the money he was asking for nor the years he was looking to get but i wanted him as a player who could put up points and do some dirty work in the corners plus i wanted to screw the rags and yes we could use a veteran presence on the team to replace jagr's experience.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we didn't get him.I would much rather get a younger guy at a decent price.

i would love to have gotten a guy who's young and puts up at least 60 points a year at a decent price also but there was nobody oput there that fits that description. although at least were talking hockey instead of Awaz date situation and JS music tastes. hahahahah

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been interesting. Would have only done 2yr @ 5mil as my max though...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to have gotten a guy who's young and puts up at least 60 points a year at a decent price also but there was nobody oput there that fits that description. although at least were talking hockey instead of Awaz date situation and JS music tastes. hahahahah

:rofl:

that is what this sports season has deteriorated to though.. i dont wanna talk hokie football.. dont wanna talk hockey.. the nfl is just boring as hell.. and i'd rather sleep on a bed of nails for eternity then watch the NBA

shane doan maybe, sorta, almost signed with the flyers, we think. is the closest to interesting sports news in like 6 months

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's Awaz's date taste in music??

jk

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 mil per for 3 years thats what jagr got i wouldve done that

too much for a declining 36 yr old IMO.
The free agent crop was pretty thin,so they are better off to start the season(whenever the hell,that may or may not be)with what they have,and then try the trade route.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya on that one plus theres like 1000 girls hotter than her.

ya that's true.. but i'm a big fan of 'approachably hot' chicks.. she was approachably hot.. bangs + straight hair and now she's just kinda weird looking

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we cant even get to double digits on hockey related posts.. :L @ us