• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dislike Knowshon?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're not a Chargers fan: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-mathews-fans-tweeted-they-hope-i-die-of-aids

Ryan Mathews: Fans tweeted they hope I die of AIDS

Ryan Mathews has been a source of frustration for San Diego Chargers fans from the beginning of his underwhelming NFL career, but some have taken it too far.

Especially on Twitter.

"I've had people say they hope me and my mom get AIDS and die," Mathews told Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego on Wednesday.

Vitriolic tweets are a new and unwelcome phenomena for the modern athlete, but Mathews would catch heat for his play in any era.

To be fair, he marched into a tough scenario in San Diego. Drafted 12th overall in 2010, Mathews was touted as the heir apparent to LaDainian Tomlinson, but durability and fumbling issues have shrunk those expectations.

"So far, what I've done right now, I've been just an average back," Mathews said. "I got a lot of people just frustrated with my performance in the last few years. They expected me to come in and do big things. And I expect myself to."

Mathews sports a solid 4.4 yards per carry average over 32 starts, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to cement himself as an unquestioned starter. His three seasons have included a nasty sprained ankle and a twice-broken collarbone.

Still, general manager Tom Telesco said last month that he expects "big things" from Mathews, whom he labeled a "bellcow" back. Former Chargers coach Norv Turner lost patience with Mathews, but an offseason regime change has furnished the runner with another chance -- probably his last in San Diego.
And I thought Raiders fans were violent.

Seriously though, if you're wishing aids to a player and their mother, it's time to take a step back and reevaluate just how important football is to you. If you do something like this, it's way too high on your list of priorities.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Some people take their sports to seroiusly. Knowshawn maybe fragile but do not wish bad things on him.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN shutting down forums 7-17 so heard through grapevine this board was worthy of my self assuring expertise!!!! JK. Looking forward to meeting you guys/gals and NFL season and Bronco victorys!!!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome randy......

Lose the Dodgers logo and we'll get along just fine. LOL

Go Broncos!

Buffsroam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy,

Keep the LA logo. It works for me.

BroncoinCali,

Last place in the NL West. Of course that can change over the weekend. It is a tight race.

BOM66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy,

Keep the LA logo. It works for me.

BroncoinCali,

Last place in the NL West. Of course that can change over the weekend. It is a tight race.

Definitely keep the Dodgers logo. It was my team growing up before the Rockies came to town. :agree:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome mat gents and I had the pleasure of watching Garvey,Lopes, Cey,Russell, Yeager,Fernando,Smith,etc at Chavez Revine and its imbeded deep in me blood!. I`am a big Rockie fan for sure. Just like last few days, I hate it when Dodgers and Rockies play each other becauseI don`t want either to lose. That being said, I`am looking forward to a big year for Broncos and Feb. 2nd date with whoever

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello fellow Broncos fans. Nice to see some new members. Relax, kick back and take your shoes off. As for the Giants-Dodgers, caught the game last night. All I can say is, I have no idea what happened to the Giants. Certainly haven't looked like the defending WS Champs. Don't know what happened to Matt Cain either. But as a Mariners fan, I don't have much room to talk.

So, I guess all I can say is go Broncos!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol......The Giants have been a mess for a month. They better turn it around quickly, or they will find themselves in the dust.......

As for the original topic, classless comments about Ryan Matthews. Charger fans are all about their "Badge of Honor"......(ex-CBS posters will back me up on that one).

I hate to wish the Summer away, but I can't wait for Bronco football!

Wyoming Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I should have said "howdy" before I added my 2-cents worth....HOWDY!

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome mat gents and I had the pleasure of watching Garvey,Lopes, Cey,Russell, Yeager,Fernando,Smith,etc at Chavez Revine and its imbeded deep in me blood!. I`am a big Rockie fan for sure. Just like last few days, I hate it when Dodgers and Rockies play each other becauseI don`t want either to lose. That being said, I`am looking forward to a big year for Broncos and Feb. 2nd date with whoever

Hey Randy, we have more in common than I thought.

:suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Knowshon was a wasted draft pick. Last year, once that Peyton Manning was a perceived threat, unlike the other QBs during Knowshon's career, Knowshon did better which surprised me.

But no running back is worthy of a first round pick in the pass first NFL that is today.

QBs are first round picks(Peyton Manning). Guys who CAN rush the QB are first round picks(Von Miller), cornerbacks(Champ Bailey) are first round picks. Offensive linemen are first round picks(Ryan Clady). Receivers are first round picks.

There are plenty of talented running backs that fall into the later rounds.

BTW, I have been a Broncos fan since 1968. The year I started snow skiing.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to make your aquaintence Bb32. :suds:back at ya sir!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we had a QB leave because people put garbage on his lawn.

people are nuts.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we able to start our own threads?

That's what I'm wondering, and why can't I upload my bitchin' Broncos logo for my avatar. It's 150 x 150 pixels, which is exactly the size it says it should be.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm wondering, and why can't I upload my bitchin' Broncos logo for my avatar. It's 150 x 150 pixels, which is exactly the size it says it should be.

Of course, now that I say that it's uploaded. My bad.