• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Discussing The Blitzing Saints

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like this needed it's own thread. I'll start with paste.
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com 49ers haven’t forgotten Saints’ blitz exhibition
Breaking Down The New Orleans Saints Defense - Pride Of Detroit
I think we can hurt them with the quick slants, swings and outs. The biggest factor is that Gore is going to have to catch the damn ball. With them bringing extra db's we can break off some big gains with Crabtree's ability to run after the catch. Some may believe and some may not but we're going to need Ginn's rac ability also. I think we can hurt them with the receivers we have, everyone can turn and run...if they can hold on to the pass. We can't rely on the shotgun imo, that will take away from our identity. The fact is that if Gore get's through the first level against the blitz he can shed tacklers in that secondary, plus the way our wr's block down the field I expect a few long runs from him. This will open up the play action or vice versa, with the play action opening the run.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seemed like this needed it's own thread. I'll start with paste.
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com 49ers haven’t forgotten Saints’ blitz exhibition
Breaking Down The New Orleans Saints Defense - Pride Of Detroit
I think we can hurt them with the quick slants, swings and outs. The biggest factor is that Gore is going to have to catch the damn ball. With them bringing extra db's we can break off some big gains with Crabtree's ability to run after the catch. Some may believe and some may not but we're going to need Ginn's rac ability also. I think we can hurt them with the receivers we have, everyone can turn and run...if they can hold on to the pass. We can't rely on the shotgun imo, that will take away from our identity. The fact is that if Gore get's through the first level against the blitz he can shed tacklers in that secondary, plus the way our wr's block down the field I expect a few long runs from him. This will open up the play action or vice versa, with the play action opening the run.

the Saints defense is ok, but not elite.

yeah, if the 49ers play well and execute, we'll move on them. we shouldn't have to get too fancy or go far away from what we've been doing? but it starts with the 49ers, not the Saints.