• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dirt says 'Patriots upgrade at QB'; Sox continue to roll - SALTY!

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simple

bring a guy in for a look, see what he can offer...

teams do this thing a lot ya know

doesnt mean they stick

they do this stuff every year. Just last year they brought in Addai, Anthony Gonzales and a bunch of others. Lot of buzz, didn't make the team. It's what they do. Every year...bring in depth, see what sticks

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants Hughes dirt...he's been horrible and in a walk year...and the Braves churn out more pitching than just about anyone...when teams target pitching? They want young and controllable...or guys that are going to make a big short term impact...

Impossible

No one wants Hughes. So Hughes won't be signing with anyone this offseason? How bout I guarantee you Hughes signs a multi year multi million dollar deal with someone

Forget it, everyone on the Yankees suck

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"good football move"

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do this stuff every year. Just last year they brought in Addai, Anthony Gonzales and a bunch of others. Lot of buzz, didn't make the team. It's what they do. Every year...bring in depth, see what sticks

why dont other people see this?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible

No one wants Hughes. So Hughes won't be signing with anyone this offseason? How bout I guarantee you Hughes signs a multi year multi million dollar deal with someone

Forget it, everyone on the Yankees suck

No...no one is trading anything of significance for a pitcher in the middle of a horrendous walk year...

Yes..someone may offer him a 1 year deal next year...how you're capable of equating that to trading for one of the better young catching prospects in MLB? Is beyond me...

Sanchez doesn't hold enough value alone to get Gattis in return...and Hughes has negative value today...

no chance...

If I suggested Blake Swihart and Felix dubrount for Gattis? Dickshot would hate me again...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if tebow is with the pats in week 1, i will eat my words

i just dont see it

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...no one is trading anything of significance for a pitcher in the middle of a horrendous walk year...

Yes..someone may offer him a 1 year deal next year...how you're capable of equating that to trading for one of the better young catching prospects in MLB? Is beyond me...

Sanchez doesn't hold enough value alone to get Gattis in return...and Hughes has negative value today...

no chance...

If I suggested Blake Swihart and Felix dubrount for Gattis? Dickshot would hate me again...

One of the better young catching prospects in the game?

He's 26 and was literally working for UPS last year

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why dont other people see this?

why do those same people call me a homer when I state facts a true fan should know?

inquiring minds want to know! :laugh3:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hughes for gattis, if hughes was on the Sox would get a couple BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAS in here

even if you meant it as part of a package, or hughes and whatever for McCann

i'm sure you know that

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucholz to the DL according to Pete Abe

For Jesus sake

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Jesus sake

seems more preventative than anything else

his neck isnt right

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hughes for gattis, if hughes was on the Sox would get a couple BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAS in here

even if you meant it as part of a package, or hughes and whatever for McCann

i'm sure you know that

Pussy

"everyone pile on Dirt"

"c'mon everyone"

Pussy move

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussy

"everyone pile on Dirt"

"c'mon everyone"

Pussy move

uh huh

when a non stupid trade discussion in here gets started by down or rock or snoogins, it gets morphed into something stupid so JD can type angrily

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the better young catching prospects in the game?

He's 26 and was literally working for UPS last year

He's 26, and was literally hitting .308/.374/.546 for the braves minor league affiliates the past 3 years...he's always been capable of hitting...

I didn't say he was one of the best...but if the braves are going to move on from him? It's going to take more than Sanchez, who I agree is a solid catching prospect in his own right, and 3 months of terrible phil hughes...

sorry Dirt...but you're stuck with hughes...Nova would make more sense...as would Nuno...not sure either will be much better than Hughes...but they also aren't FA's in october...

Controllability and cost on controll is a big factor in determining a players value...players in walk years? Are discounted some, players in walk years that are also playing god awful? Have almost no value.

Insert someone comparing Stephen Drew to Phil Hughes, while ignoring the fact I said the Sox would get little to nothing in return, but free'd up playing time for Iggy and WMB...not a guy you could make a case should be on the NL All star team...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Jesus sake

Might be because the fooked their pitching staff last night...Morales was supposed to start wednesday..he threw last night, meaning a move had to be made, and there wasn't a pitcher they felt comfortable burning an option...

if it becomes more than that? Yeah..I agree...but I think you'll see him back right around the 15 day mark...which I'm fine with...