• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dipoto All Ours For 2025 and Beyond???

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you listen to that Divish video? He said they were not friends. Maybe at one time, but not for sometime. Dipoto is a user. Users don't keep friends.
Yeah I did. He said there was tension between their friendship but it’s not like they were bad or anything according to him. Divish’s main thing has been that Jerry isn’t going to get fired just to keep Scott.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the trades the M's made this year have Dipoto's fingerprints all over them. I'm 100% convinced that Dipoto is still the true GM and Hollander is a fall guy that they can ax if they feel they need to make it appear that they're doing something.

The fact that ownership is keeping Dipoto, despite getting blasted by not just Mariners fans, but MLB fans around the league shows how much of a joke they are.
So the confusing thing to me is I think you are correct with Jerry being still the true GM as shown by the photos of him sitting with Boras at a few games. So if we are correct then why are they paying GM money to Hollander. If Jerry is staying then Hollander should be out with Scott. The FO dynamic is so confusing. It seems they have a lot wasteful spending in the FO like Hollander and that Griggs lady.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did. He said there was tension between their friendship but it’s not like they were bad or anything according to him. Divish’s main thing has been that Jerry isn’t going to get fired just to keep Scott.
I guess I heard it different. He said they were not friends in the later years and they had some big shouting matches.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on reddit's response
"Dipoto isn't even mediocre. The guy has been in control of 3 different major league orgs since 2010 and has 1 division title, 2 playoff appearances, and one playoff series win in that time. We are in his 10th year in control of this org and so far we have 1 playoff appearance, 0 division titles, have one of the worst lineups in modern baseball, and are about to not even make a WC spot despite us being in the middle of Dipotos self proclaimed "WS window".

Mediocre would be an improvement at this point. I honestly can't stand Dipoto and am flabbergasted he is still employed. Then again, this is the Mariners."
They just want us to be confused so we won't know who to blame. The best way to respond is to ensure that home attendance drops by about 500,000 next year, and household viewership of games decreases proportionately.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just.have this.to.say....
without .dipoto..
seattles..good.pitching...
would not be..there..

Seattle .would be....the white sox..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
witch.is an embarisment..
we are been spared..
so far..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattles good pitching..
goes clear .down .to..
ACL...
so.they.will..at.least be in contention.
for the for seeable..future...

hitters in the minors...as close..
as.

ty.locklear..at..tacoma..
Cole young..at arkansas..
Ben Williamson..at Arkansas..
Micheal..arroyo...at..Everett .for know..
Lazaro..montes .at..everett..

josh.hood...at everett..15.hrs..
Caleb .Cali...power bat..1b.at Everett.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think..Seattle...is .at .its...floor..
as a team..
witch .means..
if they can reach...a..celling..of any..
kind..
they will be in the playoffs.

prob why..servais was..fired..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2 things have..been...posting..
really..
effect..the mariners..
lack.of..
3rd and 4th..hitters..
witch..Julio..im thinking..should be.
3rd .
then.a..4th..hitter.a.dh..or...
Seattle does..not .seem to.be.able..
to find a 3b..
so . 4tth.will.prob be a dh.type..

then ..high leverage..pitching..
has been..out .

but.they have been..finding..some..
in troy Taylor..
so no matter..what.

monuz
brash.
Taylor..
Santos..

prob next year

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I heard it different. He said they were not friends in the later years and they had some big shouting matches.
I guess we just took it different. I took that as they aren’t best buddies anymore.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume and God knows I hate defending Scotty since he's a shit manager but my guess is their friendship crapped out do to Jerry trading players away in a playoff race (Graveman for example) and maybe he asked Jerry to get a bat or 2 in this years FA and was denied. Or Jerry didn't defend Scott to upper management when things went south.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just want us to be confused so we won't know who to blame. The best way to respond is to ensure that home attendance drops by about 500,000 next year, and household viewership of games decreases proportionately.
I’ve been saying that for awhile. But even with a shitty team the stadium is going to be at least half full. Honestly with the tv thing I think that is going to be irrelevent cause most signs are pointing to Root folding next year. I think all real fans should boycott the M’s and go to Everett and Tacoma next year. I really wish Everett was closer to my house cause that is a super cool place to go with kids. A lot better than the bar they call TMobile.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume and God knows I hate defending Scotty since he's a shit manager but my guess is their friendship crapped out do to Jerry trading players away in a playoff race (Graveman for example) and maybe he asked Jerry to get a bat or 2 in this years FA and was denied. Or Jerry didn't defend Scott to upper management when things went south.
Defending Scott is the weirdest thing because as much as most of us wanted him fired, Jerry kind of made Scott a sympathetic figure IMO. The way I’ve taken it is Scott was just a defeated person with the team he was given. His two favorite players were traded in the offseason then they got nothing to replace them. He sounded defeated going into spring and Divish insinuated that he knew he wouldn’t be coming back if they didn’t make the playoffs. Not sure what else Scott could do to get the team to hit but it seemed like him and the offense just quit in that last roadtrip he was the manager on.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line is great and jerry is a better punching bag than themselves. makes perfect sense for owners to keep him. getting out in front of it with a press release was smart af.

eyes on what happens to the starting rotation this winter. if they'd fired jerry, i truly believe they'd have sold off every arm except 1 or 2 for cash now, instead, we get to see jerry get owned trading them away to baltimore or botson (at least according to some buzz i've been reading) for bats.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending Scott is the weirdest thing because as much as most of us wanted him fired, Jerry kind of made Scott a sympathetic figure IMO. The way I’ve taken it is Scott was just a defeated person with the team he was given. His two favorite players were traded in the offseason then they got nothing to replace them. He sounded defeated going into spring and Divish insinuated that he knew he wouldn’t be coming back if they didn’t make the playoffs. Not sure what else Scott could do to get the team to hit but it seemed like him and the offense just quit in that last roadtrip he was the manager on.
If Scott had that type of attitude going into spring ball than this team was doomed from the start.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scott had that type of attitude going into spring ball than this team was doomed from the start.
Not totally sure when he was told that but the way Divish talked about it is that Scott knew he wouldn’t be back.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally sure when he was told that but the way Divish talked about it is that Scott knew he wouldn’t be back.
So basically dead man walking. Why prolong the situation if they weren't happy with Scott? Been better off firing him in the offseason and getting someone new.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line is great and jerry is a better punching bag than themselves. makes perfect sense for owners to keep him. getting out in front of it with a press release was smart af.

eyes on what happens to the starting rotation this winter. if they'd fired jerry, i truly believe they'd have sold off every arm except 1 or 2 for cash now, instead, we get to see jerry get owned trading them away to baltimore or botson (at least according to some buzz i've been reading) for bats.
Jedi..will..keep.who..he..wants..
but..there are more.great..
pitchers. at .AA..
and that..is .the real..
reason..
they will..trade a.couple..

national.league,.(.not Boston..or Baltimore)
mariners ..don't want to play..against there own..
pitching..too..often.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazingly..
other .
than.pitching,..
and..
the position..players .at..tacoma...
only..
Julio.
and
kelenic.

came through..the minors ..
how..did.the..media..even..think
the re.build..was.over....
with .no..position.players.
know..this year..
it truly....could..be..
but..the..mariners.have
been .floundering

cuz..of.premature...
unrealistic..expectations..brought.by..media.

now. that..should..
be. .over..and.for..money.
reasons..as well..(owners).
lolol..
yeah..have.to.add them.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have a prospect.AAA..like.baltimore..
witch could happen..next year..
then.
its..over...like .
and no .minors free agents

1b.locklear...
2b.bliss.
ss Cole young.
3b.williamson.

lf.rhyan.thomas.
cf.cade Marlow..
rf.Spencer.packard..

yeah .the ..basics..