• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diaz Gone, Too (Hooray!)

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves have re-acquired Diaz for a PTBNL. Looks like Huntington is clearing out excess outfielders. At least we got rid of a bad contract for next year. :bounce:

Atlanta Braves re-acquire Matt Diaz from Pittsburgh Pirates - ESPN

Let's see..... Huntington's most highly touted FA acquisitions during the last off-season were Overbay, Correia, Diaz, and Scott Olsen. Overbay and Olsen were released, Diaz traded for a PTBNL, and Correia on the DL. At least he got a good half season from Correia.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will gladly take him back..need a decent bat off of the bench.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to Darkstone: Sorry about that. I started a new thread before noticing that you had posted the same info in the Bowker thread.

Note to huskers1217: You're welcome to him. Diaz seems like a nice guy, but with the Pirates, he underperformed to the extent that he was essentially useless. He failed to produce any power and most of his hits seemed to be bloopers and dribblers which found holes. I remember Diaz doing well for the Braves in the past..... but I'm afraid he may be done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed to get rid of him, our outfield was way to crowded.

saw on mlbtraderumors we tossed in some $$$ for next season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any deal that got him off the payroll for next year was a good deal. I bet he will do well again in Atlanta. He just didn't fit/work in Pittsburgh.

On a side note I see Jack Wilson was traded to the Braves. I wonder if this will finally be the year he gets to see the playoffs?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any deal that got him off the payroll for next year was a good deal. I bet he will do well again in Atlanta. He just didn't fit/work in Pittsburgh.

On a side note I see Jack Wilson was traded to the Braves. I wonder if this will finally be the year he gets to see the playoffs?

Good for Diaz and Jack.

I really don't know what Diaz was doing at the plate this year, and I don't think he did either. Maybe he is trying to compensate for decreased bat speed by poking everything to RF now?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Diaz and Jack.

I really don't know what Diaz was doing at the plate this year, and I don't think he did either. Maybe he is trying to compensate for decreased bat speed by poking everything to RF now?

Neither did I. He never looked comfortable at the plate and with his stance/swing I never understood how he could hit the ball?