• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez as a player

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I just want to say I love the heck out Dez. He really seems to love the game and plays hard and he really does want to win. Last week though after listening to Calvin Johnsons conference call , it really got me to thinking. CJ said besides route running, Dez is a really good WR- something to that effect. I blame some of this on Callahan and Garrett and even Romo since he supposedly has a say - but he doesnt do the same things the other top notch WRs do. He runs a slant and a fly and lately some kind of crossing pattern. He is a red zone beast and makes highlight reel catches. He is rarely involved in screens like D. Thomas from Denver. He never goes in motion or rarely. They just dont have creative ways to get him the ball. I rarely see him run out patterns. There are times when Romo just snaps the ball and throws it to him, hoping he can make 1 guy miss. Am I right on this meaning maybe he is limited to what he can do?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I just want to say I love the heck out Dez. He really seems to love the game and plays hard and he really does want to win. Last week though after listening to Calvin Johnsons conference call , it really got me to thinking. CJ said besides route running, Dez is a really good WR- something to that effect. I blame some of this on Callahan and Garrett and even Romo since he supposedly has a say - but he doesnt do the same things the other top notch WRs do. He runs a slant and a fly and lately some kind of crossing pattern. He is a red zone beast and makes highlight reel catches. He is rarely involved in screens like D. Thomas from Denver. He never goes in motion or rarely. They just dont have creative ways to get him the ball. I rarely see him run out patterns. There are times when Romo just snaps the ball and throws it to him, hoping he can make 1 guy miss. Am I right on this meaning maybe he is limited to what he can do?

Physical gifts of a football god

Brain of a caveman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for a few years we have not used motion as much as IMO we should. I think the route running was a bigger issue in previous years and think Calvin is going off of that old reputation - it's hard to lose that. From my tv (so obviously I don't know) it seems as if the route running is better. Seldom do he and Romo appear to not be on the same page. But, who knows. The only player than can stop Dez is Dez.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is well worth the drama.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"CJ said besides route running, Dez is a really good WR"

I think this is still true. Dez is limited on the routes he runs well that gets separation from the DB. I think his coaches know this and call plays to his strengths. I think it's way to easy to assume it's the coaches and Romo holding him back. He remains a great talent and still not an accomplished route runner....never had to work at that and he didn't....this is why IMO, he'll never be an accomplished NFL All time great wide receiver. He remains one hell of a talent

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is well worth the drama.

that's kinda true, but he's no Mike Irvin when it comes to getting others fired up. Love the passion but no way that display after the Lions had scored with 12 ticks left in the game was anything but a meltdown. That sure didn't do a darn thing but draw negative attention to the situation.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"CJ said besides route running, Dez is a really good WR"

I think this is still true. Dez is limited on the routes he runs well that gets separation from the DB. I think his coaches know this and call plays to his strengths. I think it's way to easy to assume it's the coaches and Romo holding him back. He remains a great talent and still not an accomplished route runner....never had to work at that and he didn't....this is why IMO, he'll never be an accomplished NFL All time great wide receiver. He remains one hell of a talent

He basically runs the same ones each game. Rarely anything new with him

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an incredible talent for you guys. A difference maker on offense. As long as he doesn't drag the team down with his antics, you gotta accept the occasional meltdown. I get that you dont have to like or admire it. Seems to me, his good far outweighs his bad, to this point.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's kinda true, but he's no Mike Irvin when it comes to getting others fired up. Love the passion but no way that display after the Lions had scored with 12 ticks left in the game was anything but a meltdown. That sure didn't do a darn thing but draw negative attention to the situation.

:agree: