• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devin Street

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overview

Prepped at Bethlehem (Pa.) Liberty, where he went to three state title games (one win) and excelled in track and field. Redshirted in 2009. Played all 13 games in 2010, starting four, and caught 25 balls for 318 yards (12.7-yard average) and two touchdowns. Suffered a concussion during 2011 fall camp. In the fall, started all 13 games and had 53 catches for 754 yards (14.2) and two touchdowns. Was charged (via mailed summons) with simple assault and conspiracy in November 2011 after a student told police he was hit in the head during a confrontation with Street and two other players. The charge was later reduced to disorderly conduct, and Street was given community service. Was the Panthers' leading receiver for the second straight season in 2013, when he started all 13 games and totaled 73 catches for 975 yards (13.4) and five touchdowns. In 2013, managed 51 catches for 854 yards (16.7) and seven touchdowns in 10 starts. Hurt his right shoulder against Virginia Tech and sat out against Old Dominion, then injured his elbow against Syracuse and missed the final two games against Miami and Bowling Green. Also rushed 11 times in his career for 77 yards (7.5) and zero touchdowns. Owns the school's career receptions record (202). Team captain.
Analysis

Strengths

Has excellent length and room for added bulk. Chews up ground with long strides. Is a big target underneath with a sizable catch radius. Shows natural receiving skills to track, concentrate and adjust. Soft, dependable hands to extend and pull in a throw off his body. Uses his big frame to post up defensive backs. Nice field awareness. Lined up outside and inside. Solid personal and football character. Productive, 40-game starter. Team captain.
Weaknesses

Has a thin build and could stand to pack on body armor -- durability could be an issue. Needs to get stronger, particularly to improve his release vs. the jam. Builds to speed and is not a threat to take the top off. Leggy and fairly straight-linish -- does not pop out of breaks or separate with quickness. Inconsistent route runner. Not aggressive or physical as a blocker. Can be more cognizant of ball security -- carries loosely and swings the ball away from his body. Limited special-teams utility.
Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5
Bottom Line

Pitt's all-time leading pass catcher, Street is a narrowly built, long-levered, smooth-muscled receiver whose best assets are his length and hands. Needs to incorporate more physicality into his overall game, but has the ability to be an effective zone beater and red-zone target. -Nolan Nawrocki

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it. eventhough there are other players I would have liked better, at least I have heard of this one. I just wonder what we traded to get up there

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now concerned with twists well being.

went from wanting all Defense to now pretty much just having Lawrence.

Can someone go check on him please :D

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now concerned with twists well being.

went from wanting all Defense to now pretty much just having Lawrence.

Can someone go check on him please :D

I am sure he is in his usual drunken stupor :suds:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a shot of Crown after the Street pick. Another guy with a record. Good job

Crown is my drink of choice, all I have is Bud ice @ the moment

#Crown for a King

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this doesn't make me feel better :L

Cowboys selected Pittsburgh WR Devin Street with the No. 146 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Street (6-foot-2 5/8, 198) started 40 games for the Panthers, setting a school record for receptions (202), and parlaying them into 2,901 yards (14.4 YPR) with 16 scores. He ran a pedestrian 4.55 forty at the Combine, albeit shining in the vertical (37 1/2") and broad (10'2") jumps. Already 23 and considered something of a diva, Street carries bust factor despite generally impressive tools. He has long arms (33 3/8") and reliable hands, but lacks deep speed and isn't physical enough to dominate the short to intermediate sections. Terrance Williams' starting job remains secure.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys selected Pittsburgh WR Devin Street with the No. 146 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Street (6-foot-2 5/8, 198) started 40 games for the Panthers, setting a school record for receptions (202), and parlaying them into 2,901 yards (14.4 YPR) with 16 scores. He ran a pedestrian 4.55 forty at the Combine, albeit shining in the vertical (37 1/2") and broad (10'2") jumps. Already 23 and considered something of a diva, Street carries bust factor despite generally impressive tools. He has long arms (33 3/8") and reliable hands, but lacks deep speed and isn't physical enough to dominate the short to intermediate sections. Terrance Williams' starting job remains secure.

doubt that the Cowboys were picking him at 146 to challenge Williams

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt that the Cowboys were picking him at 146 to challenge Williams

didn't even pay attention to the Williams comment, it is all the other stuff I read.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds exactly like a Jerry pick.

I'll hold out judging the draft for a year or two, but this draft is looking more and more like Jerry just DOESN'T get it. What did we need a diva wide receiver for? We have one of those. It's looking like Jerry's philosophy is: Let's just play offense; defense ruins games.

The last two days have really sucked.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
diva?? quite the opposite what nut wrote that

don't know. read it on rotoworld, & it usually gives the source, but I guess with all the rookie stuff on there right now none of them have sources on them. :noidea:

What do you know of the guy? (just looking for info)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dudes not a diva im telling you, whoever wrote that has to be some blogger fool

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know. read it on rotoworld, & it usually gives the source, but I guess with all the rookie stuff on there right now none of them have sources on them. :noidea:

What do you know of the guy? (just looking for info)

hardworker, and good team mate.....he personally recruited and has trained tyler boyd at pitt and made its his priority to make boyd awesome........
and well boyd played better than street this year as a freshman and looks on his way to a round 1 pick.......never heard anything but positive about the guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Steeler on this one. All Ive read is how he plays hurt, great work ethic, etc. Had a stronger season 2 yrs ago.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe his positive attitude will rub off on Dez, who seems bipolar. (now that is a diva!!!)

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOME> NEWS> NEWS & BLOGS : PITT WR HAS GREAT SIZE, ROUTE-RUNNING

Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
Follow BryanBroaddus on Twitter All Bryan Broaddus Articles

Devin Street
Pittsburgh, 6-2, 198
Here is a quick scouting report on Pittsburgh wide receiver Devin Street.
Has outstanding size and physical makeup. Runs a ton of vertical routes but there are times where you do not see him separate.
Did a nice job of running up the seam and making a play. For a guy his size, he is a smooth route runner.
Plays in the slot at times which is surprising because of his build. Doesn’t have the ideal quickness for the job but didn’t totally look out of place. Is a long strider. Is not afraid to run his routes all over the place.
Catches the ball in his hands. Able to make a nice adjustment to the low ball against Notre Dame for a touchdown.
Effective in the short, intermediate and deep levels. He has an athletic frame with the height/length combination to match up well in the NFL, but needs to consistently play up to his numbers and develop his strength.
Reminds me of Andre Holmes who was once in Dallas and now with the Oakland Raiders. Has the potential to play as the X or Z.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sounds much more accurate, be happy with the pick, i was hoping we could get him, and suprised he was still there, and yes he was hurt all year, and the presence of tyler boyd brought his numbers down, he can play

and yeah boyds that good to bring his numbers down

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOME> NEWS> NEWS & BLOGS : PITT WR HAS GREAT SIZE, ROUTE-RUNNING

Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
Follow BryanBroaddus on Twitter All Bryan Broaddus Articles

Devin Street
Pittsburgh, 6-2, 198
Here is a quick scouting report on Pittsburgh wide receiver Devin Street.
Has outstanding size and physical makeup. Runs a ton of vertical routes but there are times where you do not see him separate.
Did a nice job of running up the seam and making a play. For a guy his size, he is a smooth route runner.
Plays in the slot at times which is surprising because of his build. Doesn’t have the ideal quickness for the job but didn’t totally look out of place. Is a long strider. Is not afraid to run his routes all over the place.
Catches the ball in his hands. Able to make a nice adjustment to the low ball against Notre Dame for a touchdown.
Effective in the short, intermediate and deep levels. He has an athletic frame with the height/length combination to match up well in the NFL, but needs to consistently play up to his numbers and develop his strength.
Reminds me of Andre Holmes who was once in Dallas and now with the Oakland Raiders. Has the potential to play as the X or Z.

can he catch in traffic?
The readings are all over the place on this guy. read three things on him. all three say something different. All three though did say he has nice hands so that is a plus.
Cant stand when our WRs drop balls. "but it hit me in the hands"