• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Ward Sounds off about the Jackson cut.......

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Twitter

Derrick Ward was an NFL running back from 2004 to 2011.

He played with the New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans.

On Friday afternoon, after the Philadelphia Eagles released DeSean Jackson, Ward WENT OFF about ESPN, the NFL, Chip Kelly and more.

Actually, WENT OFF is an understatement.
Take a look.

Source

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:pop2:

I can't stand Teddy Bruchi; he's an embarrassment to the profession of NFL analyst (which is saying a lot because that bar is REALLY low), but Ward is the one coming off like a dumbass here:

"...because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players. Bottom line"

How did this guy even get accepted to a state college? :confused2: Oh this is how:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...player-an-a--at-north-carolina-151005969.html

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Ward is so upset about is the fact that DJ does hang out with gangsters and by Ward's own admission , so does he......The league is trying to clean up some of the mess these players are bringing into the league these days....That opens the door for game manipulations by force of inside gang members and such...
And a note to Mr Ward, the league was done with you, not the other way around.....And then he disses world champion players opinions in gangster fashion of course....What was it you won to make you more qualified than them to speak on the matter, oh that's right NOTHING....Just shaddup already !!!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's at least got a point on one thing. I guarantee Jaws don't know shit about gang signs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is dead on with everything he said.

Just because you know people who are in gangs doesn't mean you're a gang banger. As he said Jackson has never had any off the field incidents since he came into the league and I'm not even sure if he had any at Cal either.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely right about one thing.

If you want sports reporting that resembles anything close to credibility, look anywhere else except ESPN.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

I can't stand Teddy Bruchi; he's an embarrassment to the profession of NFL analyst (which is saying a lot because that bar is REALLY low), but Ward is the one coming off like a dumbass here:

"...because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players. Bottom line"

How did this guy even get accepted to a state college? :confused2: Oh this is how:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...player-an-a--at-north-carolina-151005969.html

He may have botched the english language, but I think he knows what he's talking about more than the espn guys....idk whether Djax is affliated with gangs or not, but I do feel the Hernandez situation sparked panic in PHI. They didn't cut their #1 WR because he missed a meeting, or deemed a bad fit.

For espn to run with that angle I think they needed somebody on the ground in LA...to confirm it. IMO this is character assassination basically.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to bash ESPN/TMZ coverage on it, great, its no major secret that everyone pretty much knows there shows suck, but to go at the NFL, or the Eagles? Then say's he's glad he's no longer in the league? Ok one question for Ward, your cashing those NFL checks every month aren't you?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He may have botched the english language, but I think he knows what he's talking about more than the espn guys....idk whether Djax is affliated with gangs or not, but I do feel the Hernandez situation sparked panic in PHI. They didn't cut their #1 WR because he missed a meeting, or deemed a bad fit.

For espn to run with that angle I think they needed somebody on the ground in LA...to confirm it. IMO this is character assassination basically.

Character assassination? If Ward had a clue in life he'd realize that hanging out with thugs and murderers increases your likelihood of getting in trouble by a factor of about 100. He's not working at Walmart; if someone is going to spend millions of dollars on you & you don't have the good sense to live above reproach then you might just get cut.

Ward: Sure he hangs out with gang bangers, but since he doesn't actually have a criminal record it's no big deal. That shouldn't matter at all. He has the same likelihood of getting in trouble as Peyton Manning because Peyton Manning doesn't have a criminal record either.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I Know he is right about is he is done in the NFL

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Eagles shouldn't draft or sign no players thats from gang cities. It is impossible not to know gang bangers, especially growing up in LA. I grew up in LA and know a lot of dudes that Jackson knows. I can tell you now, that D. Jack is not involved in any gang activities. He is just like the 95% of the players in the league that know gang bangers.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this whole thing, is that Black Mamba from Oregon know the same gang members that D. Jack knows. Yep, the same Black Mamba that Chip Kelly recruited.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nobody knows for sure why the Eagles released Desean Jackson.

2. Derrick Ward is/was irrelevant to the NFL.

3. Derrick Ward would blow a bunch of dudes to get another NFL paycheck, if that's what it would take.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that. He's not happy that he's out of the league.

If a team called him right now to be their backup RB, he wouldn't think twice

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with most of Wards points. DeSean outside of being idiotic at times (dropping the ball before the goal line) has been a standout receiver for the Eagles. One of the best deep threats I've seen in recent memory... the one season where he had a 22 YPA with over 1,000 yards? Wow. Some serious burn there.

All in all, hopefully this 'incident' allows Seattle to sign him to a 1 year prove it deal for $6M lol! I'd take him for that price in a heart beat.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilt by association. If you hang out with trash, you're gonna get thrown out.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can call D-Jax whatever they want but its clear teams are no longer willing to shell out big bucks to sketchy characters. Its fair to say teams were always willing to risk writing a Pacman Jones a fat check but now thanks to Aaron Hernandez, all 32 clubs are extremely paranoid about those kinda negative headlines.

Perception is everything.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilt by association. If you hang out with trash and you're an asshole/malcontent/whiner in the locker room and on the field, you're gonna get thrown out.

The gang thing is a cop out, it's hardly the only reason why they cut him. If association with shady characters is simply going to get you thrown out, we should all just say goodbye to a good number of any team's rosters.

If he was a model teammate and good guy there would be no "guilt by association" and the Eagles would have simply looked the other way from who he surrounds himself with like every team does with lots of players.