• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depth Chart

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(As of now) NOT including Frye/Tucker

C- Plumlee- Len
PF- Morris- Morris
SF- Warren- Green- Morris
SG- Bledsoe- Green- Goodwin- Dragic
PG- Dragic- Bledsoe- Ennis

Just need to shore up our PF/C spots and we're set. Any targets you guys like in Free Agency or the Trade Market?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Plumlee- Len
PF- Morris- Fry
SF- PJ- Warren- Morris

That is a full roster minus a big man for the end of the bench. I think both Fry & PJ resign here unless they get crazy money thrown at them.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backcourt looks great, but the front court still looks weak. Maybe try to add Deng? With how the draft panned out, I'm leaning towards believing that the Suns will stay put with the players they have.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backcourt looks great, but the front court still looks weak. Maybe try to add Deng? With how the draft panned out, I'm leaning towards believing that the Suns will stay put with the players they have.

Deng is a SF so that wouldn't make much sense with them just drafting Warren. Tucker probably returns as well. I think C is our biggest need.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Hawes is the only free agent I see that makes sense at the center position.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Deng over Tucker.

Given the presumed difference in cost, I would go with Tucker. Either way, with Green and Warren, I don't see the Suns paying what Deng would presumably require.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(As of now) NOT including Frye/Tucker

C- Plumlee- Len
PF- Morris- Morris
SF- Warren- Green- Morris

Just need to shore up our PF/C spots and we're set. Any targets you guys like in Free Agency or the Trade Market?

I don't see Warren starting over Green, at least not right away.

I will say that your depth chart makes the point of how many young assets and surpluses the Suns enjoy. They definitely could be gearing up to make a push for Kevin Love, a player who could balance this roster.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng is a SF so that wouldn't make much sense with them just drafting Warren. Tucker probably returns as well. I think C is our biggest need.

I guess that the Suns could play him as an undersized 'stretch four.'

That idea would be a stretch in more ways than one, though, and it would not be worth the money when you already have the Morris twins in tow. What renders Kevin Love so attractive is that he can stretch the court while also giving you the elite rebounding and width of a conventional power forward.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I am pleased with our selection.
How do you guys like Bog Bog? (My new name for him)

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I am pleased with our selection.
How do you guys like Bog Bog? (My new name for him)

I liked what I saw from the highlights. Whether that means anything or just means that he's another Evan Fournier, I don't know.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Green starting at SF. We already have a small lineup with DragonBlade on the floor & adding Green to that mix as a starter would just accentuate out defensive liabilities even more. And lets face it, Green isn't that good of a defender. He tends have his mind lapse. Green is best as a 6th man coming off the bench & getting buckets. That is his only value. Putting him as a starter would severely weaken the bench while also making the starting 5's defense even worse.

If PJ isn't back, Warren or Morris should start. That goes double for Marcus if Kieff is starting next season like he should be.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Green starting at SF. We already have a small lineup with DragonBlade on the floor & adding Green to that mix as a starter would just accentuate out defensive liabilities even more. And lets face it, Green isn't that good of a defender. He tends have his mind lapse. Green is best as a 6th man coming off the bench & getting buckets. That is his only value. Putting him as a starter would severely weaken the bench while also making the starting 5's defense even worse.

If PJ isn't back, Warren or Morris should start. That goes double for Marcus if Kieff is starting next season like he should be.

Should he return, I would be fine with Tucker starting. I doubt that a rookie is going to start at the beginning of the season for a team with playoff aspirations and a credible player (Green) at his spot.

... thing is, it's not the NBA of the nineties. How many small forwards are especially tall, or post up, any longer? What's more important defensively at that spot is arguably someone who can cover ground, get back defensively, rotate to the perimeter to take away three-point shots, and also contain slashing drives.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would not necessarily be opposed to Green coming off the bench (especially if Tucker returns), I should note that Green is a player who can really pour rocket fuel in the Suns' transition attacks and fast breaks, and a team can run most easily at the start of a game. Thus there is certainly an argument for letting Green start. Furthermore, Green tends to struggle in more of a half-court game where he tries to create off the dribble. Playing with both Dragic and Bledsoe, especially at the start of a game, gives Green the best opportunity to maximize his transition and fast break scoring chances and to minimize his pure half-court scoring situations, where he proves less effective.

I also like the Morris twins coming off the bench and anchoring the second unit. Markieff's inside-outside offensive ability can be better utilized while either Dragic or Bledsoe is resting, as opposed to both point guards being in there simultaneously. Also, his versatility, defensive flexibility, and approach can be better utilized in a Sixth Man capacity. In that role, he can sometimes function as a small center, and he can also 'feel out the game,' which better reflects his nature—as opposed to imposing his will on the action from the start, which is less in character for him.

Markieff should probably start eventually, but I do like what he can give the game as a Sixth Man, sort of akin to a poor man's Danny Manning (Manning garnered the 1998 Sixth Man of the Year Award with the Suns and arguably should have received the honor the previous year, too).

Last edited by a moderator: