• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Post reports Peyton Manning Not practicing today

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning not throwing at Broncos practice; Bailey, Franklin out - The Denver Post

t was a physical game against the Colts on Sunday in Indianapolis, and at Wednesday's Broncos practice, it showed.

Quarterback Peyton Manning was present at practice but did not throw, and both cornerback Champ Bailey and offensive tackle Orlando Franklin took part in stretching but did not participate in the workout.

Bailey left the field almost immediately after stretching, and Franklin spent time walking and skipping up and down the sideline.

Guard Chris Kuper was not present for the practice, nor were receivers Wes Welker and Eric Decker, tight end Joel Dreessen or defensive end Shaun Phillips.

New practice-squad member Chad Bumphis was present and getting plenty of reps, what with the lack of receivers.

The Broncos were in full pads for the practice.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it is not that much of a concern. He may have been banged up a little in the Indy Game.

If he does not practice Thursday or Friday?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah morph, as I posted earlier (and didn`t get much feedback) right after game that something looked wrong with Manning and his passing from bout 1st qtr on. Some said that Mannings passes always wobble and yeah, many times they do but they are also very accurate for the most part. My daughter ( insane Bronco fan:)) was watching game with me and I told her something is wrong with Peyton and I said I think he might have injured himself taking hit. I told her " what do you bet me come next week, we find out Manning got hurt". Now......it seems even more plausible with him not throwing 3 days later. Hmnn.....Kinda scary.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported as an ankle injury. Of course, that could just be the spin that they are putting on it, but I tend to agree that it's not a major concern just yet. It does however, remind us all just how quickly the Broncos can go from a Superbowl contender to an average team if Peyton ever got seriously hurt.....God forbid. I know that our fumbling issues have been front and center of late, but for my money the protection of number 18 is the most important thing to focus on for the rest of the season. We've got to get Orlando Franklin back on the field, our running backs need to continue to grow their results in pass protection and the rest of the O-line needs to really come together toward this effort in general. Our bye week is coming at the right time, as the Broncos are going to need a little rest before launching the 2nd half of their Superbowl or bust campaign.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a week off would do wonders for his health.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a week off would do wonders for his health.

Absolutely. After beating the Redskins to move to a 7-1 record, the Broncos are going to welcome that bye week with open arms. Go Broncos!

MH64

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah heard Welker and Decker didn`t practice either so maybe they just want to give the `Ol Man some extra rest after the worst beating he`s taken so far this season. God know if anybody can skip a few practices,its Manning.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah morph, as I posted earlier (and didn`t get much feedback) right after game that something looked wrong with Manning and his passing from bout 1st qtr on. Some said that Mannings passes always wobble and yeah, many times they do but they are also very accurate for the most part. My daughter ( insane Bronco fan:)) was watching game with me and I told her something is wrong with Peyton and I said I think he might have injured himself taking hit. I told her " what do you bet me come next week, we find out Manning got hurt". Now......it seems even more plausible with him not throwing 3 days later. Hmnn.....Kinda scary.

He may have been roughed up in the game on those sacks and he looked shaky early in the game, his throws seemed off, but he threw quite effectively in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

He played 14 seasons without missing a game, so they are just being cautious probably.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in Sunday's game after going down the caught a shot of him holding his ankle. This is not too surprising. An ankle injury can really affect a QB's accuracy. A few years ago Gabbert had an ankle sprain but continued to play for Mizzou. He had a lot of errant passes during that time.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked a little gimpy at the beginning of the J-ville game, and he did go back to the locker room during the game. If I remember correctly, he took a hit that got his legs a bit tangled up. Might have been the one where Franklin and Kuper came over and got into a pushing match with some of the Jags while Manning was getting to his feet......

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of why it is vital the defense gets it figured out. If we can get a lead and count on them to keep the lid on it, we can pull Manning late in the game and not expose him to potential for injury. I realize he is just as exposed early in games, but it's football and some risk is inherent.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in Sunday's game after going down the caught a shot of him holding his ankle. This is not too surprising. An ankle injury can really affect a QB's accuracy. A few years ago Gabbert had an ankle sprain but continued to play for Mizzou. He had a lot of errant passes during that time.

LOL! That`s hilarious...I guess is ankle is still bothering him. Thank you...I needed that:laugh3:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit him out this week I say