• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delmas to IR Yet Again?!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins mighty, mighty defense took a blow today, as starting safety Louis Delmas was carted off with a knee injury.

After tearing his ACL last year, it's looking more and more like a big win for us letting him go when we did, and more like a loss for Miami signing a chronically injured defender.

Delmas had a ton of potential, but, imo, his reckless playing style and the proverbial "ten cent head" are going to (basically already have) keep him from ever living up to how good he should have been...

Dolphins’ Louis Delmas carted off with knee injury | ProFootballTalk

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you get automatically paid for the season if you get injured like that?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he does. It is a football related injury, so I believe teams have insurance policies to cover the players in case of an injury like this.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is down to his last lifeline now. 2 injuries on the same knee. Almost noone has come back and been very successful after 3 surgeries to the same knee. He should be playing with a brace when he gets back.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmas was decent when healthy and not trying to make a highlight reel. I hated the human missile tackling style he had.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins mighty, mighty defense took a blow today, as starting safety Louis Delmas was carted off with a knee injury.

After tearing his ACL last year, it's looking more and more like a big win for us letting him go when we did, and more like a loss for Miami signing a chronically injured defender.

TP letting him go was a sign the Lions were improving somewhat IMO. For years they were forced to resign or sign battered vets or just some that seemed they would not make other rosters. The ones they signed that were healthy usually got overpaid. I kinda feel Sims and Riaola would have been back yet again during the Millen days.

It will be blow to that defense, as Delmas was starting to become a vocal leader. Sometimes the leadership departing hurts worse.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Mayhew bust. Swarm wanted Lauranitis that year.

Swarm > Mayhew

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always tipped your hat for Delmas...

I always tipped my hat for correctly predicting that Mayhew would draft Delmas in the 2nd round. I wanted Lauranitis at 20 and 33. Mayhew, of course, passed both times.

Could have had Lil Animal and Levy both.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the board or the person throwing the dart?

The dart board. And before you ask, it can be a regular dart board or even one of those stupid baseball dart boards.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dart board. And before you ask, it can be a regular dart board or even one of those stupid baseball dart boards.
The electronic kind?

So kids that wear bicycle helmets won't get hurt?

(It hurts me e'rytime you guys rip on Louis D. It hurts real bad. Sumthin' fierce. To the bone. He's my favorite swamp rat, of all time.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How bout this one? This just may clarify your feelings towards MM for me.

Pin the tail on the jackass > Mayhew

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Mayhew does not deserve some of the hate and I am not defending him so much, but more spreading of the blame. You guys keep heeping all blame on Mayhew, but guys like Delmas reek of Shwartz. Shwartz loved badasses whether they actually had a brain in their head or not. He was all about appearance. That's why he is unemployed now.

Lions are heading in the right direction now whether you like it or not.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Mayhew does not deserve some of the hate and I am not defending him so much, but more spreading of the blame. You guys keep heeping all blame on Mayhew, but guys like Delmas reek of Shwartz. Shwartz loved badasses whether they actually had a brain in their head or not. He was all about appearance. That's why he is unemployed now.

Schwartz was super-concerned with appearance. I think he was/is crazy insecure, which led to him mico-managing details he shouldn't have been concerned with, thus taking time away from the shit that's actually important to winning. Basically, he's just an asshole, and most grown men don't want to go to battle for a dickmuncher like that.

Look what Caldwell did with basically the same roster... the Schwartz blows, that is all.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure that hiring a dumbass coach, and then letting said coach make the draft picks, is much of a defense.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The electronic kind?

So kids that wear bicycle helmets won't get hurt?

(It hurts me e'rytime you guys rip on Louis D. It hurts real bad. Sumthin' fierce. To the bone. He's my favorite swamp rat, of all time.)

Buck up. It's the price of being such a HUGE Dolphins fan.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you are correct on Schwartz. I gave Mayhew credit for hiring Zanders when people said the good picks were Zanders and bad picks are Mayhew. The response from some Lion lovers is "you can't have it both ways" which is very true, you can't.

For me Mayhew gets the credit on all decisions. Schwartz and Caldwell are both him. Schwartz sucked. I will wait until after this season before I crown Caldwell as a great hire. That's not being a hater either. The other Jim got a lot of false props after a playoff run also.