• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

deGrom Needs TJ Surgery

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The high risk signing didn't pay off. This looks like the only thing that didn't work for them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The high risk signing didn't pay off. This looks like the only thing that didn't work for them.

Probably miss most if not all of next season but still a couple of years left on the contract to make that contact somewhat worth it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably miss most if not all of next season but still a couple of years left on the contract to make that contact somewhat worth it.
Just like Ray to a degree. I still think it was smart by them. All signings are a risk, but those who don't risk become the Mariners for 20 years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Ray to a degree. I still think it was smart by them. All signings are a risk, but those who don't risk become the Mariners for 20 years.
With the money they've spent it's an all in type move to get to the WS. Rangers still have a very good club but having Degrom could have possibly put them over Houston in the playoffs.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money they've spent it's an all in type move to get to the WS. Rangers still have a very good club but having Degrom could have possibly put them over Houston in the playoffs.
Ya in the end it will hurt, but they are doing just fine without him. I guess they don't believe in Dipoto's 'do the bare minimum' approach to team building.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya in the end it will hurt, but they are doing just fine without him. I guess they don't believe in Dipoto's 'do the bare minimum' approach to team building.
Texas team.is..full.of.well payed guys
Who want to be there..
So
That is position guys..
Pitching..
As seattle.710.said.could.fall apart..
If there are to many..mishaps..
But you still have to outscore them..
No matter..
Whitch.leaves..seattle..to.trade..
Or loose..
You choose

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas team.is..full.of.well payed guys
Who want to be there..
So
That is position guys..
Pitching..
As seattle.710.said.could.fall apart..
If there are to many..mishaps..
But you still have to outscore them..
No matter..
Whitch.leaves..seattle..to.trade..
Or loose..
You choose
If they went the Mariners way they wouldn't be in Texas

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it the right way. Spend money in FA and if there's a piece they need to add then make a trade. What our FO should have done.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not my money obviously, but I’d rather spend all the resources to win a WS. Paul Allen isnt beloved in Seattle for all of his charitable donations or philanthropy, he’s beloved because he saved the Seahawks and didn’t go cheap…plus won.

And even with these ridiculous contracts if an owner starts to lose money he/they can sell easily. There are what 6 cities that have groups ready to drop 2 billion for an expansion team. Just don’t get it, in no other walk of life can you spend like a drunken sailor and really not have to worry about it because someone/people will always want to buy you out to get in the club.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not my money obviously, but I’d rather spend all the resources to win a WS. Paul Allen isnt beloved in Seattle for all of his charitable donations or philanthropy, he’s beloved because he saved the Seahawks and didn’t go cheap…plus won.

And even with these ridiculous contracts if an owner starts to lose money he/they can sell easily. There are what 6 cities that have groups ready to drop 2 billion for an expansion team. Just don’t get it, in no other walk of life can you spend like a drunken sailor and really not have to worry about it because someone/people will always want to buy you out to get in the club.
Not only did Paul Allen spend the money when needed but had to do it under salary cap rules where this FO has no strings attached, no cap rules to spend and bring in quality FA's and that's a maddening part while other teams spend and our FA goes bargain basement hunting and here we sit now.