• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate Judge Scolds NFL Again

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy - Yahoo Sports

Read it and weep, NE Patriots/Brady haters:

"U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman warned an NFL lawyer during oral arguments that there was precedent for judges to toss out penalties issued by arbitrators in the scandal now known as ''Deflategate.

Berman cited several weaknesses in the way the NFL handled the controversy that could result in a victory by Brady and the NFL Players Association. . . .

If there is no negotiated deal, Berman said he hopes to rule by Sept. 4, six days before the Patriots host thePittsburgh Steelersin the NFL's season-opening game. He encouraged a settlement, calling it a ''logical and rational option.''

During more than two hours of arguments by attorneys, the judge noted other arbitration decisions have been rejected when a key witness was not allowed to testify as he questioned why NFL Executive Vice President Jeff Pash - who worked on the NFL investigation - could not be interviewed by union lawyers during the suspension's appeal.

Berman said arbitration proceedings, while more relaxed than court proceedings, are still required to follow due process rules to ensure fairness.

He said a reference to the Jan. 18 game against the Indianapolis Colts was ''conspicuously absent'' in a conclusion from the NFL investigation that found Brady was generally aware of a plot to deflate game balls below what rules allow.

Finally, Berman said he could not understand how the commissioner opted to keep a four-game suspension over some other penalty. He asked what portion of it was for involvement in a deflated football scheme and what part was because Goodell concluded Brady didn't cooperate with the probe.

He also was troubled by Goodell's defense of the penalty on the grounds that it was comparable to penalties on players who use performance enhancing drugs."

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this will turn out, but based on the info coming out directly from folks in the courtroom I'd say that the judge is not too impressed with Goodell, his minions or their grasp on law.

This farce can't be over soon enough. :L

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this will turn out, but based on the info coming out directly from folks in the courtroom I'd say that the judge is not too impressed with Goodell, his minions or their grasp on law.

This farce can't be over soon enough. :L

I couldn't agree more.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you listen to the low IQ's here the NFL is winning

im not kidding you

and they call this a technicality :pound:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im not kidding you

It is a technicality.
Technically the Judge can't more than probable find of any wrong doing.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im not kidding you

Whatever happens to Brady Pat's are minus a 1st an 4th round draft choice. How do you calculate that as winning?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens to Brady Pat's are minus a 1st an 4th round draft choice. How do you calculate that as winning?
2 different cases

thats the team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technicalities

Still a cheat

Nothing to see here

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Brady is willing to cut out a deal though, he'll accept some suspension but won't have to admit he knew anything about deflate gate... He will admit though that he didn't cooporate with the investigation... Brady is hell bent on NEVER admitting he knew anything ...

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

2 different cases tho

you know that right?

2 different cases? And here I was thinking all the time Pat's lost 1st and 4th round picks because of deflation of footballs.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 different cases? And here I was thinking all the time Pat's lost 1st and 4th round picks because of deflation of footballs.
sigh

i'll use crayons if i have to

the team agreed to draft pick losses and a fine

the player, unrelated to the team punishment, is in court as we speak

did the NFL suspend the patriots for 4 games or brady?

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh

i'll use crayons if i have to

the team agreed to draft pick losses and a fine

the player, unrelated to the team punishment, is in court as we speak

did the NFL suspend the patriots for 4 games or brady?

I don't question you having crayons around. Punishment was handed down to both team and Brady for the same reason.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't question you having crayons around. Punishment was handed down to both team and Brady for the same reason.
yup

but its 2 unrelated cases

if brady gets his suspension vacated, it has zero impact on kraft handing over those picks and that money.

again

that decision (to vacate) would have zero impact (again, that ruling) on what krafts already agreed to.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Brady is willing to cut out a deal though, he'll accept some suspension but won't have to admit he knew anything about deflate gate... He will admit though that he didn't cooporate with the investigation... Brady is hell be on NEVER admitting he knew anything ...

I ain't buying that report. My gut tells me that Brady is not accepting any deal with the NFL that involves so much as a 1 game suspension. Of course my gut told me that getting married 28 years ago was a great idea :noidea: