• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defenseless receiver?

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of calls in the Monday night game that I thought were horrible. It seems like any time our corners would get a good hit on a receiver it was a penalty, especially when it was an incomplete pass that set up a solid hit. Was I looking at the plays as a complete homer or is the league getting so soft it is taking the enjoyment out of watching two hard nosed defenses putting it to the offenses? It's like they decided that profits rise with high scoring games so they are going to ensure that offenses get every advantage possible.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of calls in the Monday night game that I thought were horrible. It seems like any time our corners would get a good hit on a receiver it was a penalty, especially when it was an incomplete pass that set up a solid hit. Was I looking at the plays as a complete homer or is the league getting so soft it is taking the enjoyment out of watching two hard nosed defenses putting it to the offenses? It's like they decided that profits rise with high scoring games so they are going to ensure that offenses get every advantage possible.

No the profits go to suing players who were concussed....thats where the profits are going.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they're calling those penalties, the defenders have a very small window of opportunity to lay a hit on a guy who doesn't ultimately catch the ball. If he gets there a few seconds too early, it's pass interference and if he gets there a few seconds too late, it's a hit on a defenseless receiver. Still, the biggest issue there isn't even the timing of the hit. If the hit is higher on the body than the waist, the officials are going to be looking for whiplash and if they see it, whether there was a hit to the head or not, they're gonna call a penalty.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one hit in particular that I thought shouldn't have drawn a flag. It was a bang bang play and all we did was put a shoulder into the guy. It even looked as though we were gonna go for contact and saw the play was over and tried to avoid the hit. Dumb!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the defenseless receiver penalty and the pass interference flag when their qb was already wrapped up and going down were two horrible calls against us, but hey, what else is new?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the physicality of our secondary, I would not be the least surprise if some teams contacted the league and have the officials watch out for these big hits. It's unfortunate though, because sometimes as a defender, you feel like you are at the mercy of the receivers because you can't hit them hard at the risk of being penalized.

A very good example of this, was the Kam Chancellor hit on Vernon Davis last year, it was a good clean hit, yet he was still penalized.

The league should be more concern from guys like Brandon Merriweather, who seem to be a head-hunter and now threaten to go low to for the knee and end people's career.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the safety thing.. BUT COMMON… Some of those call's were beyond ridiculous.. Our guy's pulled up and didn't even follow through with the hits…

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browner flag was pretty weak I thought. In fact Browner even had a small chance to grab that ball so you could argue he had a right to try and make the catch too.