• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started, fielding was looking like it could be the one aspect of the game that the Giants might need some improvement. Without over-reacting, it seems that was a bit of an understatement.

Is it simply a question of getting Cody Ross back? Miguel Tejada will certainly provide some timely hitting, but is his lack of range in the field going to counteract that? Would it be more beneficial to the Giants to put a better fielder at shortstop that would provide significantly less at the plate from the eighth spot?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started, fielding was looking like it could be the one aspect of the game that the Giants might need some improvement. Without over-reacting, it seems that was a bit of an understatement.

Is it simply a question of getting Cody Ross back? Miguel Tejada will certainly provide some timely hitting, but is his lack of range in the field going to counteract that? Would it be more beneficial to the Giants to put a better fielder at shortstop that would provide significantly less at the plate from the eighth spot?

If Tejada does not produce at an avg or + level offensively, then the Giants will be forced to look at Burriss, Fontenot or Crawford THIS year.

However, if he shows ANY kind of offense at all, we have to stick with him. The errors he will have will be minimized with our pitching staff (fly-ball, strike-out artists).

I think that Ross taking right and Huff moving to left will be a HUGE improvement over the water buffaloes. I also like Ross' offense more than Burrell's. Burrell as a PH would be great, but in the starting lineup, he is a liability.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tejada does not produce at an avg or + level offensively, then the Giants will be forced to look at Burriss, Fontenot or Crawford THIS year.

However, if he shows ANY kind of offense at all, we have to stick with him. The errors he will have will be minimized with our pitching staff (fly-ball, strike-out artists).

I think that Ross taking right and Huff moving to left will be a HUGE improvement over the water buffaloes. I also like Ross' offense more than Burrell's. Burrell as a PH would be great, but in the starting lineup, he is a liability.

I think when Ross comes back, he will start in RF and Huff will get 4 games a week in LF, and one at 1b. Burrell will get one game a week in LF when Belt sits against tough lefties.

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think when Ross comes back, he will start in RF and Huff will get 4 games a week in LF, and one at 1b. Burrell will get one game a week in LF when Belt sits against tough lefties.

Belt will need his days off here and there but I sure hope they don't plan on moving him into a platoon situation. He's shown no problems vs. lefties so far and if they take away his ABs vs them they risk creating a weakness where there isn't one now. Belt's development is too important for that.

I'm in agreement w/you though on Huff to LF and Burrell to the bench once Ross is back.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt will need his days off here and there but I sure hope they don't plan on moving him into a platoon situation. He's shown no problems vs. lefties so far and if they take away his ABs vs them they risk creating a weakness where there isn't one now. Belt's development is too important for that.

I'm in agreement w/you though on Huff to LF and Burrell to the bench once Ross is back.

I'm not talking about platooning Belt, I'm talking about giving him one game a week off to get Pat into the lineup. The best scenario for this is against tough lefties, which Pat hits well.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the consensus is the outfield will be fine when Ross gets back (agreed), and Tejada will be fine as the season progresses (cautiously optimistic agreement there). I believe we will be revisiting this topic often this year, unfortunately.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the consensus is the outfield will be fine when Ross gets back (agreed), and Tejada will be fine as the season progresses (cautiously optimistic agreement there). I believe we will be revisiting this topic often this year, unfortunately.

Miggy will be OK at SS, and with our flyball/strikeout staff, that will do.

We need .270 15 HR and 70 RBI out of him though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy will be OK at SS, and with our flyball/strikeout staff, that will do.

We need .270 15 HR and 70 RBI out of him though.

I really doubt that old man can hit 15 HRs in our park (and LA, SD a lot of the time).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about platooning Belt, I'm talking about giving him one game a week off to get Pat into the lineup. The best scenario for this is against tough lefties, which Pat hits well.

This.

We have too many options but at least they are opposite handed so let's take advantage of that.