• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense may be underrated

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is so good that our defense has taken a backseat... which is extraordinary. Keep in mind, we've given up 14, 7, and 7 in three games against very offensive-minded teams, and 2 of those teams have future NFL caliber receivers.

Deionte Thompson is making a case early for the Thorpe award, and Trevon Diggs has extremely good ball skills against the jump balls. Our linebackers really haven't had the chance to shine yet because of the offenses we have faced thus far. Next week, TAMU and Jimbo will *try* to establish the run. I think they are going to be our first true test on defense because they will attempt to be balanced. Also, Kellen Mond is no pushover QB.

Another note for this season so far: almost every SEC team has great QB play, and it is showing in the play call percentages. Most every team is focused on the passing attack opposed to the run. This is VERY MUCH in our favor as we take notes from our first 3 opponents, who also loved to pass the ball but managed no more than 14 points.

In conclusion, I think that matchup wise, our hardest games will be TAMU and Mississippi State. LSU will be tough on the road, but Burrow, even though he's managed well, is nowhere near elite status. Auburn being at home is already a 14+ point advantage for us, dodging refs and we'll have better communication on offense. Plus their run game is not what it has been in recent years. LSU showed us what happens when you can slow down that passing attack from Stidham and company. Guys, I honestly don't see a loss on our schedule, barring major injuries. There might be 3 teams in the country that could hang with us right now. And that's if they play their best game against our worst game.

It's a great time to be an Alabama fan. Roll Tide Roll!!!

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually shocked we held Ole Miss to 7 points. I thought they would score in the 20's to low 30's. And after that first play I think we gave up like 150 yards the rest of the game. Very inpressed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the depth that is the biggest concern.

Also, while these have been offensive minded teams, they are not what I would generally call "Big boy" teams up front. When we get late in the year, we'll start playing those teams and that's when things will matter most. And it's where the depth will matter most.

But secondary does seem to be doing well. Deionte is filling Fitz's shoes well. Diggs turns his head and goes for the ball, OMFG!!!!!!!! Yes.

Miller had some nice pass rushes, but not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of his attitude and such on the field. Needs more discipline for someone who should be a leader on the team.

Did not expect to hold Ole Miss to 7, and yet at the same time I'm not surprised. The talent is there.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 lucky bomb of a pass on the 1st play. Really should have been a shut out. Although I too was surprised that UM did do more vs our young secondary. Great thing is that the whole defense, from senior to freshman got some game time.