• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decline of a Great Franchise

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember...cap space available isn't always a true number.

You have to plan for any contractual bonus triggers that are likely to be hit during the year. So, for example, if Brady throws for 3,000 yards he'll get a bonus of $3M, or something. Most players have these kind of escelators in their contracts. I would say, you are probably looking at 4-6MM in these types of bonuses per team through the year. Add in any players signed off the PS, or F/A's during the year for injury replacements, etc...and you find that a 10MM cushion isn't always as big as it seems.

Take if from a fan of a team that has been notorious for hoarding cash

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their 'business model' appears to be broken.

Appearances can be deceiving. It's worked for well over a decade with occasional hiccups (2002). The Cap fundamentals are sound, get rid of expensive difficult to sign vets that have a year or two left of good play (Mankins/Welker/Seymour/Milloy/Law).

Paying for past performance is a recipe for failure.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appearances can be deceiving. It's worked for well over a decade with occasional hiccups (2002). The Cap fundamentals are sound, get rid of expensive difficult to sign vets that have a year or two left of good play (Mankins/Welker/Seymour/Milloy/Law).

Paying for past performance is a recipe for failure.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but so is signing injury-prone players.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been great, but let's not throw in the towel just yet. As can be seen every week, the NFL is much more competitive than ever. Early today, we had 8 of 9 games decided by a TD or less. This afternoon, we have the Jets choking, nothing new, and two other tight games. There are many games to be played in this highly unpredictable NFL, so let's keep the chin up up to we are completely defeated. The Pats will not crash and burn, I guarantee that.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patscheat.jpg

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheated for those 3 super bowls

Could be? The NFL ruled punishment and the Pats paid up. The story is over. Call them tainted Super Bowls, nobody cares, really.

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be? The NFL ruled punishment and the Pats paid up. The story is over. Call them tainted Super Bowls, nobody cares, really.

No, the story is never over. YOU CHEATED! That's a big deal were not talking about a team that made playoffs and lost, we're talking about a dynasty. You know how hard it is to win a SB? Very hard and they won 3 by having an upper hand on the opponent. You can't ignore 3 SB wins and spygate. They will forever be associated with that. Every other didn't cheat. The Patriots did.

BoSox Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much will surprise me tonight. A close game, a Pats blow out or a Cincy blowout.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm not heading out to brag about the Pats but the ship jumping some of you cats appear to be endorsing gives credence to the myriad of shit they say about spoiled Pats fans.

I say we owe them a season; they've earned that.

I started watching the Pats when Jim Plunkett was the QB. The freaking Sullivans, blackouts of home games.
We have grown way too used to excellence, and forget the really terrible times. Would I love to see the team go all in on one more run for a title? Sure. But it probably won't happen. Its a young team, and should mature over this season. During the last 12 or so years our draft position has been nearer to the end of each round, aside from trades and compensation picks. Yet they are still in the playoffs nearly every damn year. Other franchises and their fans would sell their souls to be where we've been.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the story is never over. YOU CHEATED! That's a big deal were not talking about a team that made playoffs and lost, we're talking about a dynasty. You know how hard it is to win a SB? Very hard and they won 3 by having an upper hand on the opponent. You can't ignore 3 SB wins and spygate. They will forever be associated with that. Every other didn't cheat. The Patriots did.

Good for you, as you are entitled to your opinion.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not Pats fans, and ESPN, but real fans do. They cheated and everyone knows it. Nothing but a bunch of cheaters.

Ok, send us your next annual report where it has the data you mention.
Thanks.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, send us your next annual report where it has the data you mention.
Thanks.

So the NFL sends out it's memo in 2006, reminding teams of the never enforced rule on where they can tape from. Bill ignores it, and Mangini gets him busted, and the Pats then go 16-0 in the regular season, 11-5, 10-6, 14-2, 13-3...lose 2 superbowls, and 2 conference championship. Since they have missed the playoffs only once then there must be some logical reason why nothings really changed since Spygate.
Somehow the "reasoning" of the folks still crying about it escapes me.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you recall, they could have easily started out 0-3 last year as each of the first three wins were eked out.

I know they don't look all that great right now but some of you cats are shitting all over the coach and owner AFTER FOUR FUCKING GAMES!

Give me a season or two of this and maybe I'll join you. As it stands, these cats have given us unparalleled success for a long time and I think we owe them just a shred of allegiance.

Let's beat Cinci and try to turn this thing around. If we lose to Cinci, let's root for a win the next week~

One game at a time boys and girls!