• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeAndre McDaniel

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized he was picked up as a UFA by the Saints. Does anyone know why he wasn't drafted? He was one of my favorite players coming out this year and besides some questions about his ability to cover the deep ball i'm not really sure how he went undrafted. He had 9 interceptions in '09 for crying out loud. That's no fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In June 2008, McDaniel was arrested for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature after an argument with his girlfriend. McDaniel reportedly choked his girlfriend, punched her in the head and chest, and pushed her down a flight of stairs, causing her to seek medical attention for "serious bodily injury".

-from Wikipedia.

I'm guessing this was why.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In June 2008, McDaniel was arrested for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature after an argument with his girlfriend. McDaniel reportedly choked his girlfriend, punched her in the head and chest, and pushed her down a flight of stairs, causing her to seek medical attention for "serious bodily injury".

-from Wikipedia.

I'm guessing this was why.

Oh...well that explains a lot lol. Thx for that.

If he can somehow keep his emotions in check the guy has tons of talent.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhat surprised something from 2008 would destroy his chances of being drafted, but hey, if I were him I wouldn't complain about going to the Saints. Beating the living hell out of his girlfriend worked out pretty well for his professional career. Might have cost him some money out of the gate, but if he's any good in the pros he'll make up the difference.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Jenkins could be a very nice pairing for the Saints secondary. Their Defense has come a long way in the past couple of years. I remember when they were terrible.