• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadline Pickups

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here are some that came to mind:

Selanne: Ducks are going nowhere, and this is his last year. Would he want another shot at the Cup?

Ruutu: Free agent at the end of the year, and Carolina is struggling too. Has 7 goals and would be nice on the 3rd line.

J. Jokinen: Not a free agent, but maybe Carolina would think about moving him for the right price.

Prospal: Columbus is horrible, he's a free agent, he has 20 pts.

Hejduk: Would Av's consider moving him if they fall out of playoff contention?

Thoughts?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hejduk: I'd love him on the Sharks, but he's now their Captain and the lone Cup winner from their 'dynasty' days. However, their GM is a dumbass so who knows.

Prospal: Having a good year thus far. He'd be a nice fit as a depth socrer. Don't know if he's a PKer though.

Selanne: Not sure the Ducks will do us any favors, but he'd be awesome for scoring depth.

Ruutu: He'd be a very fine addition.

Really though, I think the Sharks need a physical forward with scoring touch more so than a skilled forward. Sharks need another guy that finishes his checks and isn't a complete void offensively. That's the kind of player that would compliment Handzus well imo.

Other names that are pending UFA: Kyle Brodziak, Petr Sykora, Frans Nielson, David Moss, Lee Stepniak

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hejduk: I'd love him on the Sharks, but he's now their Captain and the lone Cup winner from their 'dynasty' days. However, their GM is a dumbass so who knows.

Prospal: Having a good year thus far. He'd be a nice fit as a depth socrer. Don't know if he's a PKer though.

Selanne: Not sure the Ducks will do us any favors, but he'd be awesome for scoring depth.

Ruutu: He'd be a very fine addition.

Really though, I think the Sharks need a physical forward with scoring touch more so than a skilled forward. Sharks need another guy that finishes his checks and isn't a complete void offensively. That's the kind of player that would compliment Handzus well imo.

Other names that are pending UFA: Kyle Brodziak, Petr Sykora, Frans Nielson, David Moss, Lee Stepniak

That's exactly what Ruutu is and he'd be a great addition to the 3rd line if he came fairly cheep.

I know a lot of people really like the 4th line but I haven't been too thrilled with Desjardins. I wouldn't mind seeing A. Murray moved back to center then adding Matt Martin (League Leader in Hits) from the Islanders.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Ruutu or David Moss.

Hejduk isn't having a great year and I doubt he has stuck with some terrible Av's teams just to leave now. I don't see the Ducks trading him to us and I hear he likes living in SoCal.

I have no idea who Matt Martin is but if he is leading the league in hits, I approve.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do any of you expect much from Sheppard, when healthy?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do any of you expect much from Sheppard, when healthy?

I think he's kind of like Doug's pet project. I do not expect anything from him this season though I hope to be surprised. For the future, I hope he can supplant Handzus once Handzus' contract is done (2013-14 season) as a scoring third line center.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope that Shepp can turn his career around and get rid of the "bust" label. I think he found himself in a great position in SJ, sounds like the management believes in the kid and has made a commitment to his recovery and his career. That alone will go a long way in his future success. I think he will be a 40 point player for the Sharks someday, I really do.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what Ruutu is and he'd be a great addition to the 3rd line if he came fairly cheep.

I know a lot of people really like the 4th line but I haven't been too thrilled with Desjardins. I wouldn't mind seeing A. Murray moved back to center then adding Matt Martin (League Leader in Hits) from the Islanders.

Tough thing is, Ruutu will not come cheap. I imagine he's gotta be a target for many other GMs as well. There will probably be a bidding war for his services.

Sharks offer...2012 2nd rounder.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly the right post for this thread, but it's the closest thread to being relevant.

Ducks traded Timo Peilmier to the Devils. He was traded when the Sharks acquired Moen and HuskeyPants.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly the right post for this thread, but it's the closest thread to being relevant.

Ducks traded Timo Peilmier to the Devils. He was traded when the Sharks acquired Moen and HuskeyPants.

Pelley is a good 4th line player who can kill penalties the ducks will be receiving you guys will love their acquisition of Fraser the guy plays sloppy in the defensive end and is a turnover machine.Hopefully Foster helps our pp which has been awful

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is as good a place as any to put this, expected trade bait Antero Niittymaki has been loaned to Worcester. That would indicate that if he's moved it won't be until after the roster freeze is lifted on the 27th.

EDIT: Vandermeer has been officially placed on the IR.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Murray and Vandy on the IR?

Offensive depth is a luxury. Defensive depth is a necessity.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast we have Colin White on our Blue Line.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Miettinen claimed by Winnipeg.......I wanted the Sharks to sign him in the offseason....

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the guys mentioned above, I think only Selanne can help this offense...at what price those? a 2nd round?

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Been there, done that.

:tea:

Selanne was injured when he was with the Sharks. During the lockout, he had his knee taken care of and went back to being the player he used to be.
He said without the lockout, his career was probably over. I would take him on this team in a heartbeat....problem is I doubt the Ducks deal him to the Sharks...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selanne was injured when he was with the Sharks. During the lockout, he had his knee taken care of and went back to being the player he used to be.
He said without the lockout, his career was probably over. I would take him on this team in a heartbeat....problem is I doubt the Ducks deal him to the Sharks...

All true. Also true is that he: vastly prefers SoCal, put off retirement to sign with no one but ANA, doesn't have to chase a cup anymore and, as you said, intradivision doesn't help.

But his point production in SJ wasn't what motivated my comment. Selanne has averaged 1 second of shorthanded ice time per game in the last four seasons. While the team could always use more goals, I think we need a top notch PK'er more.

So, we've been there with a guy who we know can score, doesn't want to be here, won't help where help is needed most, and done that.