• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davon Coleman

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is impressive. I am a little surprised he was not drafted. Probably not a fit in most defenses,but I think he has a good shot to see plenty of action in Marinellis scheme. 8.5 sacks from the DT position at Arizona State. High effort guy. He looks like a future starter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our UDFAs we call future starters, but the guy our scouts like enough to call a "quarterback hunter" and we trade up and take as basically a late first rounder has no chance to play. Got it...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we could have easily had both of the ASU players that I believe will be fantastic pro's....DT Will Sutton and OLB Carl Bradford. Amazing to me that we take freaking Hitchens and then a couple of picks later Bradford goes off the board to the Packers. And before anyone hits me with the fact that Bradford will be a 3-4 OLB with the Packers, he played DE at ASU. He's 6'1, 250, runs 4.76 and clings 400 lbs. In other words, he is the same size as Lawrence, faster, stronger, and the same kind of production in a stronger conference. But I'm not talking about trading a 2nd and 3rd to move up and get him...I'm talking about just taking him in front of Anthony Hitchens, who the Cowboys say ''will compete to back up often injured Sean Lee''. Amazing.. This kid could start at SLB for us and drop down and rush the passer on 3rd downs. He will tear it up for the Packers. Clip and Save

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our scouts don't think Bradford will be any good. I think it's clear that McClay put his stamp on this draft and how these players look over the next 12 months will go a long way in determining whether or not he keeps his job or perhaps gains even more leverage. I liked what I saw from Hitchens in what I saw of him in the last couple of days lloking at clips. Looks like a hard nosed Football Player. Bottom line for me is that If it were my call I would not have taken him in the 4th, but we did. No sense worrying about who we didn't take at this point. Let's move off of what we didn't do and start looking at what we did. I'm excited to start hearing about how these guys do on Friday (not from Jerry of course because they'll all be ready for the Pro Bowl according to him).

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our scouts don't think Bradford will be any good. I think it's clear that McClay put his stamp on this draft and how these players look over the next 12 months will go a long way in determining whether or not he keeps his job or perhaps gains even more leverage. I liked what I saw from Hitchens in what I saw of him in the last couple of days lloking at clips. Looks like a hard nosed Football Player. Bottom line for me is that If it were my call I would not have taken him in the 4th, but we did. No sense worrying about who we didn't take at this point. Let's move off of what we didn't do and start looking at what we did. I'm excited to start hearing about how these guys do on Friday (not from Jerry of course because they'll all be ready for the Pro Bowl according to him).

:agree:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what's funny. Right now we're beating up on Jerry for everything we don't like about this draft. Watch those same people praise McClay if this players pan out.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny. Right now we're beating up on Jerry for everything we don't like about this draft. Watch those same people praise McClay if this players pan out.

I am over my distast for this draft. I hope it works out. I hope to be wrong. I want the picks to pan out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. I read a lot of good things about him over the last few months and it seems he had everyone's ear. Now we will find out if that was a good thing or a bad thing. My guess (or maybe hope) is we look back and say it was a good thing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me. I will gladly say I was wrong. I'll tell ya right now

Keep Martin in the 1st
Don't trade up
Take DE Ealy in the 2nd
Take DT Will Sutton instead of nobody in the 3rd
Take OLB Carl Bradford instead of Anthony Hitchens in the 4th
Trade their 5th and two 7ths to move back into the 4th for S Marqueston Huff
Spend the four 7ths on DE Ethan Westbrooks, OT Antonio Richardson, and two they took, S Brooks and CB Mitchell

Clip and save. The players I took are going to be better

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have wanted Sutton in the 3rd. I thought there were better players. Was he gone by our 4th pick? Also, while i do agree with you and id rather have Ealy and a 3rd than Lawrence alone, we didn't know if Ealy would be there at 47 or not. But, I think there were enough guys that we pretty much knew one of them would be there at 47 if we waited

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have wanted Sutton in the 3rd. I thought there were better players. Was he gone by our 4th pick? Also, while i do agree with you and id rather have Ealy and a 3rd than Lawrence alone, we didn't know if Ealy would be there at 47 or not. But, I think there were enough guys that we pretty much knew one of them would be there at 47 if we waited

Exactly. There were too many good players on the board. I love Sutton in the 3rd as an explosive 3T...but if he's not your guy, how about Nix? He was there in the 3rd as well.

The Cowboys said had 20 players with 1st round grades, and Lawrence was one of them. I liked the Martin pick before the trade. But Hypothetically, if you had Lawrence in your top 20, and you decided to pick NEED instead of BPA(remember, Manziel was their BPA), why not just take Lawrence at 16 if you couldn't trade down. Then you have Lawrence and say Ealy and Nix. I'm not bashing the Martin pick, I'm just trying to understand their thought process leading up to the terrible trade.

We came into the deepest draft in 10 years with a pick in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, and we came away with Demarcus Lawrence and Anthony Hitchens. That sucks ass

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I will gladly say I was wrong. I'll tell ya right now

Keep Martin in the 1st
Don't trade up
Take DE Ealy in the 2nd
Take DT Will Sutton instead of nobody in the 3rd
Take OLB Carl Bradford instead of Anthony Hitchens in the 4th
Trade their 5th and two 7ths to move back into the 4th for S Marqueston Huff
Spend the four 7ths on DE Ethan Westbrooks, OT Antonio Richardson, and two they took, S Brooks and CB Mitchell

Clip and save. The players I took are going to be better

I don't think you understood the question. At least you didn't answer it. The question is if this draft works out who do you give credit to. Jerry or McCall?

It's no secret that I'm not elated with it but since Jerry is placing praise on McCall I think he gets the praise or blame depending on how it works out. We've been gripping for Jerry to let his football people make the calls. By all accounts that has happened. Let's sit back and see how the story ends.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understood the question. At least you didn't answer it. The question is if this draft works out who do you give credit to. Jerry or McCall?

It's no secret that I'm not elated with it but since Jerry is placing praise on McCall I think he gets the praise or blame depending on how it works out. We've been gripping for Jerry to let his football people make the calls. By all accounts that has happened. Let's sit back and see how the story ends.

Here's the thing Manster, Martin is gonna work out, he was a great pick. Even the folks that wanted defense first praised the pick because he's a good player. From the 5th round on, no complaints, I thought picking up Street, Dixon and Harris were value moves.

If those moves work out, it will be a good draft. What has me and some other people pissed is rounds 2-4. When you come into a draft as deep as this one, and you have a mid 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, you should have a great chance to walk away with 3 longterm starters. With those three picks, we netted a situational pass rusher and a backup/special teams guy. Eastbay wouldn't know a football from a fried egg, but you know enough to say that's a missed opportunity

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing Manster, Martin is gonna work out, he was a great pick. Even the folks that wanted defense first praised the pick because he's a good player. From the 5th round on, no complaints, I thought picking up Street, Dixon and Harris were value moves.

If those moves work out, it will be a good draft. What has me and some other people pissed is rounds 2-4. When you come into a draft as deep as this one, and you have a mid 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, you should have a great chance to walk away with 3 longterm starters. With those three picks, we netted a situational pass rusher and a backup/special teams guy. Eastbay wouldn't know a football from a fried egg, but you know enough to say that's a missed opportunity

I too think we got raped in the trade and I don't like the players we got after Martin until round 7. I think Lawrence is too small to play DE in the4-3. Hitchins was a huge reach. Street may be a steal but we had bigger neers. All I'm trying to point out is if it all works out will those who are berating Jerry over this draft credit Jerry or McCall. Look at when Parcells was here. Everything right was Parcells everything wrong was Jerry. Wait that might be a bad example. T.O. was all Jerry.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the general consensus we don't have a problem with the draft...,.it's giving up a 3rd rounder on a talent starved team. That's the problem

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With those three picks, we netted a situational pass rusher and a backup/special teams guy.

I'm not sure if you mean this year or forever. If you mean this year you are probably right, but why is that a bad thing? Also, I don't see how you can make that the long term ceiling for these guys before they've snapped on an NFL helmet.

I don't think Lawrence will be a situational pass rusher. From what I heard he had already gained weight since the combine. so he is basically Ware's size. I think he will be rotated of course, but Ware would have been also and he IS A ROOKIE. I think he was a good pick and if we got him at #47 I think it would be a very good pick. I am fine with him and can't wait to see him play. Don't expect him to come in and get 12 sacks in year one. Just because we traded up for him don't forget he gets a chance to improve over the course of his first few years just like everyone else. How great was Sean Lee year one and once given enough opportunity he became one of the best ILBs in the league. I expect a second round pick to play more snaps and be given more opportunities in 2015 and even 2016 than he will in 2014.

Hitchens - if Bruce Carter plays like he did last year and Holloman doesn't become the player I think he will, don't be surprised if this kid is pushing for a starting job at some point soon. Nothing wrong with beginning your NFL career as #2 on the depth chart.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think we got raped in the trade and I don't like the players we got after Martin until round 7. I think Lawrence is too small to play DE in the4-3. Hitchins was a huge reach. Street may be a steal but we had bigger neers. All I'm trying to point out is if it all works out will those who are berating Jerry over this draft credit Jerry or McCall. Look at when Parcells was here. Everything right was Parcells everything wrong was Jerry. Wait that might be a bad example. T.O. was all Jerry.

I agree with you that we may land enough players in this draft to call it a total bust, and all things considered, in comparison to years past, the Cowboys draft better than they used to. But there's just no excuse for the 2nd-4th rounds. You just can't make that trade in this draft, especially for a situational 25-30 snao guy. And I truly want to know the thought process in the 4th round. With OLB Carl Bradford, S Marqueston Huff and DT Daniel McCullers still on the board, did they really think Anthony Hitchens was better than any of those kids? If Hitchens pans out, the Cowboys are really good, because no one else in the League thought he was worth more than a 6th rounder, tops

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the general consensus we don't have a problem with the draft...,.it's giving up a 3rd rounder on a talent starved team. That's the problem

That's my opinion for sure. I like the guys we got. I don't know a lot about most of them, so I need to go off of what I read and hear and some of the clips I've seen, but I am likeing the players we picked more and more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hitchens pans out, the Cowboys are really good, because no one else in the League thought he was worth more than a 6th rounder, tops

No one in the league, or none of the Kiper/Mayocks? Remember teams draft boards and the "experts" draft boards are at times very different. How many experts had Ealy or some of those QBs dropping as far as they did?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dixon is going to prove to be a major steal. He should get an opportunity. He is fast and could help cover some of the big receivers we have in the division. He also hits hard.