• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dave Razzano

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that to beat the niners, force them out of their comfort zone by making them pass, HOWEVER, i don't feel the passing game is a big issue up to this point.... I haven't seen the Niners panic or fold when the heat is on....(doesn't Alex have one of the higher QB ratings vs the blitz?)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I agree that to beat the niners, force them out of their comfort zone by making them pass, HOWEVER, i don't feel the passing game is a big issue up to this point.... I haven't seen the Niners panic or fold when the heat is on....(doesn't Alex have one of the higher QB ratings vs the blitz?)

...And in the 4th quarter as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He lost a lot of credibility with me when he said that we are 6-1 because of our weak schedule.

And then perhaps he meant Rachal was a stud bench warmer. I got a little confused with that part of the story.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
seems reasonable to me.

was wondering why Harbaugh's run game is working now, whereas it didn't for Singletary? cause Alex Smith's passing still hasn't opened up the run.

the first is likely more experience in Iupati and Davis, but Razz also mentioned "angle blocking"? ahhhh the wham blocks first come to mind but i'd think there's much more to it?

formations and personnel combinations go into it as well... unlike the previous years' running game, this year's running game has a lot of different formation and personnel combination. Sing's running offense is very predictable.. Follow Iupati or the Full back and chances are the RB will go there

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The article has been edited from what I originally read. The version that I read he said we had a good record because of a weak schedule, and that Rachal was a stud. They pulled both those parts out. Don't know what else was changed, so it's not that good for a laugh as it was originally.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On how to stop it: “The way to stop it, and this is what teams have been unable to do, you’ve got to score points and force them into throwing situations. Nobody’s done that with the Niners. You have to force them to throw. When games are close they just hand it off to Gore and Kendall Hunter. They’re hard to stop. This game plays into the 49ers hands. The Redskins can’t run the ball now and they can’t throw it. I don’t see the Niners stubbing their toe at all in this game.”

This is bullshit. The Eagles did it. They got up 20 but the 49ers still came back and beat 'em and you know what, they did it with Alex Smith passing the ball. He needs to research a little.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth to "rogue scout"- Harbaugh doesn't call the plays- Roman does.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Philly, Detroit, Cincy, and Tampa are all shitty teams with a combined record of 18-11. I would agree that Seattle and Cleveland are weak, but they aren't the bottom of the barrel.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can guarantee you that teams facing the Niners are going to go into it with the idea that they're going to make Alex Smith beat them.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was good for a laugh and while I understand the point he's making in that the passing game is the weak link but he almost sounds like an ESPN board regular who puffed his chest out saying how bad Smith was and now that he's suddenly playing pretty solid fooball he's desperately trying to knock Smith that he can and he just comes out stupid.

I love his formula in how to stop them. You've got to score a lot of points to beat them...........I don't know isn't that the formula to beat all teams? Score as many points as you can? So Washington can beat the 9ers by scoring more points than them. Brilliant!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee you that teams facing the Niners are going to go into it with the idea that they're going to make Alex Smith beat them.

OT: (In a non-serious tone) While I understand the meaning of the term "you're going to have to make xxxx beat you" it always bugged me because I'm a little weird. I always think, "no, you have to make xxxx not beat you and the best way is to force xxxxx to do yyyyy" 'cause in my mind, who has to have anyone beat you? Again, I understand the concept, but it always sounded weird to me.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never been big on that wording either. But if you're building a game plan against the 49er offense, you're going to try and contain Gore, and continually make Alex Smith make throws that career-wise, he hasn't always made.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any "expert" who knows the team and watched the games would have pointed to the special teams play in addition to the defense. If we didn't have great special teams this year, our record wouldn't be where it's at. Then you can look at the offensive and defensive efficiency as major factors along with the obvious positive TO ratio.

I for one just don't see us getting a typical 7 yard run on first down and then completing short passes off of that. That's not the reality. Typically I'm seeing more short passing on first down, with runs being grinded out because the defense is off-balance. Then a big run happens when the defense is off-balance and out-schemed. This offense works off momentum and looks good at times and then disappears for long stretches. I just don't see these constant 7 yard carries to set up the pass like what he's describing, especially in the first half of games.

What he's saying sounds good, but it's like Singletary recapping a win. We won, but he didn't know how the heck it happened.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been big on that wording either. But if you're building a game plan against the 49er offense, you're going to try and contain Gore, and continually make Alex Smith make throws that career-wise, he hasn't always made.

Oh, you're right. I had no problem with what you said substantively. It was just an aside, non-sequitor comment about language and terms. I didn't mean it directed at you. It's like couldn't care less vs. could care less, except "having xxxx beat you" isn't wrong whereas "could care less" is a repeated term misused because of common misuse and repitition (in other words, perpetual misuse).

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah, cool then. Rep for the misunderstanding...as soon as I can give it out again.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On how to stop it: “The way to stop it, and this is what teams have been unable to do, you’ve got to score points and force them into throwing situations. Nobody’s done that with the Niners. You have to force them to throw. When games are close they just hand it off to Gore and Kendall Hunter. They’re hard to stop. This game plays into the 49ers hands. The Redskins can’t run the ball now and they can’t throw it. I don’t see the Niners stubbing their toe at all in this game.”

This is bullshit. The Eagles did it. They got up 20 but the 49ers still came back and beat 'em and you know what, they did it with Alex Smith passing the ball. He needs to research a little.

Agreed. I think this guy watched one game. The first three games Gore was getting nothing and people were wondering he was washed up, remember?

And the passing has opened up the running. Start of the Bucs game was pass, pass, pass TD. Then the run clicked.