• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dashon Goldson fined $30k

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i don't get it. Goldson hits the guy right in the chest and no where close to the head or neck area...and he gets a 30K fine. I get that the guy is defenseless but it's not like Goldson launched himself. It's a pretty simple hit and breakup of a pass. You could even make an argument that he was going for the ball considering that's what he hit. If Goldson were a first time offender, doesn't celebrate, and the TE pops right up then there is probably no flag and no fine...none of these issues have anything to do with the actual hit though.

Then Matthews launches himself at a QB who is already 5 yards out of bounds...grabs him in the neck area and slams him to the ground. It's a completely malicious hit and the only intention is to injure the player. When confronted, Matthews throws several punches/slaps to the head of another player. Doesn't get tossed from the game...which he should have according to the rules...and only gets a 15K fine afterwards. It's pretty remarkable how inconsistent this Goodell idiot is. Can't believe our boy Merton is involved in this crap too. So stupid.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hit by goldson. I can't say i won't miss him yea Reid look really good in his first game but goldson put fear into people. One example is Aaron Hernandez last year.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then Matthews launches himself at a QB who is already 5 yards out of bounds...grabs him in the neck area and slams him to the ground. It's a completely malicious hit and the only intention is to injure the player. When confronted, Matthews throws several punches/slaps to the head of another player. Doesn't get tossed from the game...which he should have according to the rules...and only gets a 15K fine afterwards. It's pretty remarkable how inconsistent this Goodell idiot is. Can't believe our boy Merton is involved in this crap too. So stupid.

Merton Hanks is sucking up to Goodell the best he can.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. What was illegal about that hit? I've seen similar hits in the NBA off screens. The receiver was not looking and Goldson simply got in position and threw the shoulder into him. Watch an NBA playoff game and you will see very similar hits only without the pads.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what some of you are saying is that Goldson doesn't hit Cumberland in the head/neck area and Cumberland's need for stitches in his chin after this play was the result of something else?

Attachments

• Goldson1.jpg
    Goldson1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Goldson2.jpg
    Goldson2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Goldson3.jpg
    Goldson3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 188

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hit by goldson. I can't say i won't miss him yea Reid look really good in his first game but goldson put fear into people. One example is Aaron Hernandez last year.

The only reason they don't fear Reid, is because they don't know him. From the looks of last weeks game, he will be feared soon enough.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't get it. Goldson hits the guy right in the chest and no where close to the head or neck area...

Are we watching the same video? He definitely hits him in the upper chest neck area from what I can tell, its just hard to see if their is obvious helmet to helmet contact. Stiches in the chin suggest so. Its close, but he definitely hits him near the neck imho.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see helmet to helmet there. It looked more like it was in the chest to me. It just seems that regardless of where you hit a guy, if you hit him too hard, it's a penalty.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks more like the Linebacker tailing the play and making the hit from behind catches him in the face than Goldson does. Goldson has his helmet down and turned away from the contact. The brunt of his blow is with the shoulder squarely into the chest of the receiver.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what some of you are saying is that Goldson doesn't hit Cumberland in the head/neck area and Cumberland's need for stitches in his chin after this play was the result of something else?

That didn't look illegal to me. Shoulder to chest. Maybe his chin strap cut his chin when the helmet moved from the impact.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussification of football

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like he sorta launched himself though. Not sure he had time to completely leave his feat because the collision happened before they could. I can see why they fined him though, these are the hits the NFL wasn't to get rid of. The receiver was definitely defenseless.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call by the NFL. Wasnt even close. Clean hit.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting Goldson was trying to be dirty. Clearly he moved his head to 1 side in an attempt to lead with his shoulder and avoid head-to-head contact. The problem is that he aimed for the top of his opponent's numbers instead of the bottom. Consequently he makes contact with the neck/chin area. The rule is there to lower the strike zone. The fine bares little relation to the offence. The problem is Goldson was fined 5 times last year. Either Goldson gets the message to conform or the fines will increase and be followed with suspensions.

Attachments

• Goldson6.jpg
    Goldson6.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 106

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting Goldson was trying to be dirty. Clearly he moved his head to 1 side in an attempt to lead with his shoulder and avoid head-to-head contact. The problem is that he aimed for the top of his opponent's numbers instead of the bottom. Consequently he makes contact with the neck/chin area. The rule is there to lower the strike zone. The fine bares little relation to the offence. The problem is Goldson was fined 5 times last year. Either Goldson gets the message to conform or the fines will increase and be followed with suspensions.

Completely agree. It might have been a clean hit as the rules are written. But these are the exact type of hits the NFL want's gone. The fact that Goldsen is a repeat repeat repeat offender doesn't help his case any.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe Goldson just wants to spend his signing bonus laying dudes out?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed that Goldson never learned how to play under control and he hurt the 49ers more than helped them. I was not that disappointed to see him leave.